Pre-Season 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

wonder if Dele knows why he has lost it ?

His repeated serious hamstring injuries are definitely a major factor. He isn't explosive any more and rarely takes those big shots that he used to in the early days. Then there's the constant fiddling with his position, his immature attitude, there's a lot of reasons why he's dipped.

For him the main thing is to stay fit. I'm not convinced he's been fully fit for a long time.

Dele is so far off the player he was when he burst onto the scene 5 years ago. The decline is scary to witness.

Too slow and ponderous in midfield. Imo he is finished as an effective midfielder. His only hope is converting himself into a striker because he can score goals sometimes

I think he needs to move on to get a new challenge or inject some new energy/urgency/something into his game.

On and off the field he just seems to be a guy with such a little give a F meter. Yes he yells when he is frustrated but then does nothing to change his game after that.

I don't know if he has become too comfortable and complacent at Tottenham but I think that a change might give him the boost he needs to get back to that player. The risk is it could just make him not care even more and have him check out even more.

I do not think Sessegnon will be ahead of him at all.

Has he even played LB in pre-season? I know the one game he played as a LWB but I don't think he has played in a proper LB position. With the way Jose plays Davies I can't imagine he would want Sessegnon in that role or him changing tactics to get Sessegnon in the team.

I have been impressed with Cirkin in the pre-season, some defensive mistakes for sure but he is a bright spot going forward which this team desperately needs. It is a breath of fresh air seeing a LB that can make a pass and beat a man one on one rather than just hang back deep and pray that the CB can come over and cover for him defensively.

Fair enough. I disagree on Cirkin, I think he's not looked great in any of the games, and against poor teams. Looks decent on the ball and I'm sure he'll turn out to be a fine player, but at 18 he's miles off what you need from a PL left back. Sessegnon, though imperfect, a much better option.

Evening Standard
That's a cracking goal! Quina picks the ball up, drives towards the Spurs goal and fires into the near post from all of 25 yards. Joe Hart may be slightly disappointed with that.

Well if he wasn't I fucking was !!
Yeah, but we've already established you've got high standards! Still bitter.

Back
Top Bottom