Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should keep him - having someone who can play both FB positions at a decent level is helpful when considering how long the season is and what injuries can potentially occur. When he stepped in at LB this season for an injured BAE I thought he did well - the only bad game being the one against Woolwich where he pretty much had Sagna and Walcott overloading on him.

We'll agree to disagree, but I do think that he should be given more opportunities to start ahead of Walker who has, quite frankly, been dreadful this season.

IMHO that's where the disagreement comes from.

I quite simply don't think he is playing at a "decent" level and that he has only had one poor game (our last one being a brilliant example).

I quite simply don't think he is playing at a "decent" level and that he has only had one poor game (our last one being a brilliant example).
Oh I agree that he wasn't up to scratch the other night, but so was every other player in a Spurs shirt. As I said - when he replaced BAE his only poor game was the one against Woolwich

Oh I agree that he wasn't up to scratch the other night, but so was every other player in a Spurs shirt. As I said - when he replaced BAE his only poor game was the one against Woolwich

True, but I referred to his average level over the season. And I'm not the only one, look at the match threads :)

Now we are one point ahead of the Scum on equal games, does anyone still think Holtby replacing Bale is a welcome kick up the arse the team needs?

Lennon out Id imagine too. No Defoe and AVB has shown time again that he struggles with coping with injuries.

Boy Id love to be proved wrong tomorow, but I think its shit yer pants time for our lot. I actually wish it was away.

I'm hoping for:
Lloris
Naughton Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Gylfi Carroll Dembele Dempsey
Holtby
Adebayor

would like avb to be bold tomorrow.
go 3 at the back with walker & benny wing back giving us width & a little pace we'll miss.

unfortunatley we have no replacement for the useless cunt up front but hey ho... you never know he might score & kiss the shirt to which I would enter the field of play myself!!

Naughton offers basically nothing going forward. Considering we will have no width from midfield it's very important we have width from somewhere and we won't get that if Naughton starts. Naughton is a bit like Friedel. He doesn't do anything that stands out as terrible and his limitations aren't easy to spot, but he slows us down and makes it easier to contain us

False.

He had more shots on goal against Basel than Kyle Walker has had all season. Also, hes not as calamitously bad at marking up as Kyle Walker is.

would like avb to be bold tomorrow.
go 3 at the back with walker & benny wing back giving us width & a little pace we'll miss.

unfortunatley we have no replacement for the useless cunt up front but hey ho... you never know he might score & kiss the shirt to which I would enter the field of play myself!!

I complete disagree with everything that was said. We've tried wing backs before and it's failed. I don't want to try something so different from our standard formation on such a vital game.

On the Adebayor comment i'm excited about him for this game, which i haven't said in a while. I thought Ade wasn't bad last game. His best game of the season and hopefully he can build off of that. I really hope and think Ade will be the man to step up.

I complete disagree with everything that was said. We've tried wing backs before and it's failed. I don't want to try something so different from our standard formation on such a vital game.

On the Adebayor comment i'm excited about him for this game, which i haven't said in a while. I thought Ade wasn't bad last game. His best game of the season and hopefully he can build off of that. I really hope and think Ade will be the man to step up.
do me a favour fella.. his goal came via good fortune after he's completely miskicked the first chance.. his first touch is still that of a rapist its that off!.. everton will have no pace tomorrow especially with mirrales missing.. what they will have is kick bite scratch punch & look to keep the game at close quarters .. stretching the width of the game, good teams adapt! .. the games only vital if you think being 2nd or 3rd best loser is an achievement in a premiership that's not that good tbh, much rather glory & trophies!! Thursday is far important.

False.

He had more shots on goal against Basel than Kyle Walker has had all season. Also, hes not as calamitously bad at marking up as Kyle Walker is.

He never seems to get behind the defence at all, he rarely crosses but chooses to pass inside for someone else instead. A couple of decent shots won't change my mind about it.

Naughton left his man for the 2nd goal on Thursday and didn't make enough effort to get to Berbatov for their goal in the Fulham game.

Back
Top Bottom