Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

url

The Naughton - walker thing is interesting, there is a school of logic which says that for games where defensive duties are required playing rolling wing backs on either side will assist when play breaks down, with the most advanced player slotting in at RM and the other automatically into the RB position. Quicker to return to shape, and doesn't temper attacking instincts as per when BAE and Bale were playing together on the left.

However, requires a lot of training ion that set up for positional discipline and I'm not sure Everton at home is the right game to do that.

Am also sure that Dempsey will start, would be less surprised to see walker at RB and Naughton at LB, at this point in time too many 'unknowns' to be able to predict anything.

As absolutely shit as that is, its all we have unfortunately
I think a touch of hyperbole is seeping in from last night's game.

A back five of lloris, walker, daws, Jan and bae is hardly 'absolutely shit' now is it?

And games against Everton tend to require a solid back line.

However it does have 'draw' written all over it as a game.

A back five of lloris, walker, daws, Jan and bae is hardly 'absolutely shit' now is it?

Especially since that's been a regular part of the team which is currently 3rd in the Prem

If Lennon is out, Holtby and Sig looked decent playing right and left. Dempsey looked terrible when he came on. Hopefully just getting himself back to Fulham form (please) :dempsey:

I reckon we will lose this one.

Buuuuuuut, I also think that the loss will make the players realise that they can't rely on Bale to save them all the time and come good for the remaining games that Gareth is out.

Just my hunch, but then I'm pretty shit at predictions.

I still think we will win it. Everton are good but they have problems too. We have been saying all year we aren't a one man team, now's the time to prove it. Holtby and Siggurdson looked mildly effective last night on the wings. I like the idea of throwing one of the youngsters in too, but can't see AVB doing that.

And games against Everton tend to require a solid back line.

However it does have 'draw' written all over it as a game.

Ok, you didnt realize I was talking about the front 4.

:avbcringe:

Think (if fit) slotting Carroll next to Parker and playing Dembele more advanced makes sense. Have been saying for a long time that his dribbling is wasted so deep and could create a lot of openings/free kicks around their area

Back
Top Bottom