Europa v Champs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Preference

• Total voters
For the most part Im a fan of ENIC. I like that we have steadily improved under them. I am proud that we have done it organically and under our own steam - without a lottery win. That said had RA chosen us instead Im sure I would have enjoyed every minute!

I can support their prudence in most instances, but the striker situation is a step too far. We are currently 5 points behind City (+1 games played) and -14 GD. Had we started the season with a quality striker, the one so desperately needed, I am certain we would have gained more than 5 extra points and been a hell of a lot closer on GD.

And Im not even talking about an Aguero or RVP. Demba Ba was £8m and would have fit the bill perfectly for this season. Yes, bum knee, heard it all before... but that is precisely the sort of situation where ENIC should have gambled.

Well said again. Ricky Lambert was another waiting to be snapped up. As you say, we don't need a superstar striker, in fact we can't afford one. We just needed another striker, especially in the winter window when it was as plain as a sunny day we needed one.

You're making my point. City and Chelsea are bankrolled by their owners, that's why they have better owners than us, who are bankrolled, by us the fans. We can't compete with the RA's and Sheiks of this world. Though heaven knows Spurs and Sky charge us enough so we can try, but time and again resistance proves futile.

They have different owners to us. Not everyone has the facility to pour money in without concern.

I don't think it's petulant at all, and I'm certainly not 'stamping my feet'. I hope you will withdraw that accusation, as I wouldn't like to stick you on ignore as I enjoy arguing with you.

Just because you're losing the argument there's no need to chuck insults at me.

You're being childish now.

My opposition to ENIC's policies goes back years and years. I was one that was gutted when RA chose Chelsea, especially if it was instead of us. It was the opportunity of a lifetime and Chelsea won the lottery, we didn't. We got a prudent savings bank, nothing wrong with that. But where's the trophies?

I can understand your frustration at the lack of trophies, but ENIC cannot be expected to foot the bill for our progression, like Lister Lister said, we are doing things organically and under our own steam. Yes it would be great if a billionaire had taken over, Roman Abramovich doesn't have to justify his bankrolling to any shareholder, ENIC do. Also it's worth remembering wealthy investors don't always turn out to be a good thing, just look at Blackburn or even QPR.

Spurs were no hopers when Sugar sold them to ENIC, we had George Graham in charge and our star player was about to fuck off to Woolwich. We languished in the lower reaches of the league, and we were behind many of the clubs we are now either in front of or competing with. They pretty much started from scratch. We may not have lined the trophy cabinet with silver, but we have come a hell of a long way from the dark days of the nineties. It's progression, and a progression that sees us with a chance of winning our first European trophy in nearly 30 years. That shouldn't be taken lightly.

I don't think it's petulant at all, and I'm certainly not 'stamping my feet'. I hope you will withdraw that accusation, as I wouldn't like to stick you on ignore as I enjoy arguing with you.

Just because you're losing the argument there's no need to chuck insults at me. My opposition to ENIC's policies goes back years and years. I was one that was gutted when RA chose Chelsea, especially if it was instead of us. It was the opportunity of a lifetime and Chelsea won the lottery, we didn't. We got a prudent savings bank, nothing wrong with that. But where's the trophies?

Really? You want us to become that? Have you seen what Abramovich has done to that club? The propensity of plastic fans, the entitlement, the utter loss of connection to they club because they are Chelsea and feel they are entitled to it. You want that?
What we are seeing now is the failure of that regime, the instability of the club brought about by Abramovich, the in fighting and lack of support for their manager, the ridiculous banners and interviews we see that make us all fucking laugh at them for the joke of a club that they are.

This place, this movement, what we fucking are, is about loving this club and standing behind this club to remain as just that, the club, the shirt, Tottenham Hotspur Fucking Football Club, all of that, you want gone, all of that you argue against because you want to be like them, worse than that, you cry and wish we were them like some jilted fucking lover.

You, that attitude, that is what is wrong with modern football, the constant whining and moaning that we don't have a sugar daddy, that we are better than them because we have history and yet the willingness to prostitute yourself for the shiny stuff and give all of that away. I for one, won't sacrifice what my club is, what it stands for and the heart and soul of THFC to become the same as the plastics at the Bridge.

Fuck you and all you stand for.
tumblr_mgj773k4Rp1rjdfzto1_400.gif

Really? You want us to become that? Have you seen what Abramovich has done to that club? The propensity of plastic fans, the entitlement, the utter loss of connection to they club because they are Chelsea and feel they are entitled to it. You want that?
What we are seeing now is the failure of that regime, the instability of the club brought about by Abramovich, the in fighting and lack of support for their manager, the ridiculous banners and interviews we see that make us all fucking laugh at them for the joke of a club that they are.

This place, this movement, what we fucking are, is about loving this club and standing behind this club to remain as just that, the club, the shirt, Tottenham Hotspur Fucking Football Club, all of that, you want gone, all of that you argue against because you want to be like them, worse than that, you cry and wish we were them like some jilted fucking lover.

You, that attitude, that is what is wrong with modern football, the constant whining and moaning that we don't have a sugar daddy, that we are better than them because we have history and yet the willingness to prostitute yourself for the shiny stuff and give all of that away. I for one, won't sacrifice what my club is, what it stands for and the heart and soul of THFC to become the same as the plastics at the Bridge.

Fuck you and all you stand for.
tumblr_mgj773k4Rp1rjdfzto1_400.gif

tumblr_m5o1t9V2G41rxc156o1_500.gif

Got to take my hat off to that.

This thread has exploded a bit over the last day, and I'm not gonna continue with an arrested back-and-forth. But, lots of sensible things being said over the last few pages! And the enthusiasm shown for the improvement of the club is fantastic :adebaehug:

You can argue the merits of Bertrand v BAE, I go for Bertrand myself, but Evra is at a completely higher level to BAE. You must have seen the rumours that AVB is thinking of moving BAE on, do you think if he was as good as Evra, we'd have those rumours.
Oh, has anyone on this board mentioned these "rumours"?

These two sentences might be among the greatest bits of comedy I've ever seen.
What's wrong with Crouch leading the line? Better than Ade Pav JD or Dempsey leading the line. Who got the iconic goals v City and Milan.

I so wish we had the Crouch of two years ago with us now.

funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing.gif

Tavistock is Lewis firm as well is it not? I always thought there was a relationship between them.

yes!.. watch the video posted above.. its all intertwined.. enic at one stage was a big investor in autonomy now our sponsor & in a massive court case over its overstated value with Hewlett Packard... enic also owned tomorrow nights opponents if i'm correct

yes!.. watch the video posted above.. its all intertwined.. enic at one stage was a big investor in autonomy now our sponsor & in a massive court case over its overstated value with Hewlett Packard... enic also owned tomorrow nights opponents if i'm correct

ENIC is owned through Tavistock. ENIC International is the subsidiary that owns the majority of shares in Spurs. Tavistock is just the umbrella company Lewis' ventures are under.

ENIC is owned through Tavistock. ENIC International is the subsidiary that owns the majority of shares in Spurs. Tavistock is just the umbrella company Lewis' ventures are under.

think we're at cross wires! & levy & lewis formed a company called kondor to buy out the remaining shares which they didn't hold of enic int, .. the company is called enic group with lewis the majority shareholder.

Back
Top Bottom