Spurs - Fulham (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Maybe he didn't start Defoe because he hasn't scored since the 26th of December. He's had 42 shots in 13 games since then and not scored.

defoe had 2 chances to score today, 1 required a pass into the net

sadly he did what he has perfected over the last 8 years & few are equal to. he whacked it straight at the keeper

playing or not playing him today wouldn't have made a jot of difference. bizarre formation, unusual personnel & baffling substitutions more the issue.

coupled with lead in the boots of many, mud in the brains of some & an inability to pass to anyone wearing the same colour shirts. no ping, no zip, no width

it's almost as if AVB has caught a very bad dose of Redknapp. Being without 1 key player (Lennon) should never mean compensating by wholesale changes to so many features of the team, formation & tactical plan

a very worrying display

Who cares neither of them are good enough. We have played 849 minutes of league football since either of them last scored.

And everyone calls me stupid when I suggest Coulthirst. Yes he's a youth player and all that, but I don't believe he can be any worse then those two. (Mind you I said that about Naughton over Walker and my assumptions may not be so founded)

Then he realises the alternative is Adebayor

Yeah who may well be poor this season but CAN at least offer something other than moaning at his team mates, never passing and using the few touches he bothers to have in a match to blast it straight at the keeper.

Definition of Defoe

insanity.gif

And everyone calls me stupid when I suggest Coulthirst. Yes he's a youth player and all that, but I don't believe he can be any worse then those two. (Mind you I said that about Naughton over Walker and my assumptions may not be so founded)

I dunno. We're at the stage where both forwards have been that ineffective this season that ANYTHING is worth a try

quality debate. intelligence, wit & searing analysis

your post says so much about you. serial bed wetting a major problem i'd imagine

another posturing hard case

The final day of last season we beat Fulham 2-0. Defoe and Adebayor the scorers. Less than 10 months ago but it sounds nostalgic doesn't it.

Gutted at the complete and utter shit that they have both casually evolved into.

At least Defoe is testing the keeper you clueless fucks...

Seriously, tell me what Adebayor offers...

And if anyone says holding the ball up, I'm going to track you down and open you up

Oh abuse, there's a surprise.

Tests the keeper by giving him easy catch and holds? Would be fine if they tested the keeper enough for a follow up but then noone follows up either so all that results is a turnover in possession.

You knock "holding the ball up" like it means nothing. Our midfield and Vertonghen are scoring all of our goals so holding the ball up at least suits a purpose. What is Defoe offering? Windmilling arms? A chance for the opposition keeper to gain confidence? The knowledge to all opposing defenders that they don't need to mark anyone else when he's on the ball?

I set my alarm for 2am but missed it. When I awoke I said 'Lets see if we choked'...sure enough we did. Not only that bad berbatov scored. Why we didnt buy a striker I dont know. You can say bye to bale now. Thanks levy

Oh abuse, there's a surprise.

Tests the keeper by giving him easy catch and holds? Would be fine if they tested the keeper enough for a follow up but then noone follows up either so all that results is a turnover in possession.

You knock "holding the ball up" like it means nothing. Our midfield and Vertonghen are scoring all of our goals so holding the ball up at least suits a purpose. What is Defoe offering? Windmilling arms? A chance for the opposition keeper to gain confidence? The knowledge to all opposing defenders that they don't need to mark anyone else when he's on the ball?

Adebayor doesn't hold up the ball. It bounces ten yards off him.

He's a joke

Back
Top Bottom