Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What were the “mitigating circumstances”?
"The commission also laid out the mitigating factors taken into account. “The player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character. His tweet was not intended by him to be either racist or offensive in any way. The tweet was promptly deleted by the player. The player and his club have taken steps themselves to ensure that the player has a greater understanding of his responsibilities on social media.

“The player made an early admission in full cooperation with the disciplinary process. The player has an exemplary character and disciplinary record.”"

"The commission also laid out the mitigating factors taken into account. “The player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character. His tweet was not intended by him to be either racist or offensive in any way. The tweet was promptly deleted by the player. The player and his club have taken steps themselves to ensure that the player has a greater understanding of his responsibilities on social media.

“The player made an early admission in full cooperation with the disciplinary process. The player has an exemplary character and disciplinary record.”"

Oh dear, that's Dele getting the book thrown at him then.

I don’t see why, he also apologised very quickly and took the video down. If it’s more than one game then that’s very harsh.

Just looking at it on the basis that Dele doesn't have most of the above “mitigating circumstances" in his favour.

He can't plausibly claim ignorance and he has had a slapped wrist before.

Oh dear, that's Dele getting the book thrown at him then.
I think that Dele will get the same mitigating circumstances approach.

He deleted it promptly, it was sent to a private group and wasn’t actually published on his story he just got dobbed in by one of his mates.

He also doesn’t explicitly say anything racist during the video so he can claim ignorance to his actions.

Edit: he also apologised twice with in hours of the vid being deleted.

What.An.Idiot! That’s exactly what we need, another person unavailable for selection. Maybe it’s because I’m more on the introverted side of the scale, but why do “celebs” feel the need to post this garbage to social media. Are they all thick!

What.An.Idiot! That’s exactly what we need, another person unavailable for selection. Maybe it’s because I’m more on the introverted side of the scale, but why do “celebs” feel the need to post this garbage to social media. Are they all thick!

Not making an excuse, but to be fair he didn't put it on social media. He sent it privately to a few mates. One of the great friends thought it would be a good idea to sell it to the media for a little profit.

I'm not sure if he is an only child or not but it would be a little amusing if it was Dele's brother who snitched. :D

I can't see any leniency coming his way, but I'll be impressed if it does. He's flicked the bird at a ref and gotten away with it, despite it obviously not being at Walker (as he said it was). The only mitigating thing, if true, was that it wasn't him who posted it. I reckon they'll give him 5 days to make an example (with the 1 day being for not posting it publicly). There's no such thing as private on the internet and he should know better.

Back
Top Bottom