Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Line up was more than than good enough to get something from that game.

Sadly, barely any of the players in the line up showed up.

Lamela should have been on at half time.

Do you not think the biggest issue was how we were tactically set up to play?

I mean, 541, effectively 5 CB’s across theback as neither Tanganga or Davies showed any attacking intent and no options really ahead of the midfield, is hardly a performance inducing tactical concept is it?

This is a Chelsea side in abysmal form and struggling particularly at home, and Mourinho just went so passive, handed them the initiative. And the odd thing is he did exactly the same in the home game with identical results.

I’m not averse to a bit of tactical pragmatism, but this was an out of form Chelsea, missing some key players, not ManC or Liverpool.

I like Tanganga, but as a CB, not a RB or WB? We had no outlet for any attacking movement except the Brazilian Lennon, who’s just a human pin ball.

The fact Fat Frank 'coke head' Lampard, Olivier 'Chiseled Beard Gooner' Giroud, Marcus 'Murderer' Alonso, and those odious 'Nazi' Chelsea fans beat us today is what hurts most....

Is it?

Is it more consistent? Yes and that's a good thing
Are we achieving points in the PL? Yes, that obvious.
Are we entertaining? F*ck no.

I do see us having better mental strength but I can't help but think that we are putting fingers in the dyke until we are able to get the players we Jose wants.

The shit last 12 under Poch wasn't entertaining either we are scoring more goals under Mou then we did under Poch.

I'll judge Mou next season if he's backed. But my personal opinion is it doesn't matter who we get in because the issues with the club are at board level.

They let the squad get in this state and I'm not convinced they will spend to fix it

...and you're probably right.. but the fact it FEELS like they always get the better of us tells you a LOT!

It's a fact to you, not to me hence it's not actually a fact mate.

What is a fact however is that both Chelsea and Woolwich are bigger, more successful and have more money to throw at things than we do, that's just how it has been for some time now if we look at the last 20 years.

As Mourinho said, they started withna World Cup winning striker, had a backup England number 9 on the bench and a backup Belgium striker sitting in the stands. We don't have such luxuries, we aren't of the same model Chelsea etc are so it's practical to think it'll be tougher for us than it is for them etc.

We now need one of those weekends which have kept us in with any real chance to be honest.....Utd, Wolves, Everton etc etc all slip up....Sheffield Utd slipped up, fuck I can’t believe I’m saying Sheffield Utd slipped up as a good thing, no disrespect to them of course!!

I sometimes think CERTAIN teams try harder against us than others...
Are we REALLY so despised?

Apparently so...
We lost to a Gooner, a Murderer, and a Club full of Nazi fans..
Just GREAT!

Yeah but we know its their cup final and we don't rise to the occassion, we are like having a sniff at Margot Robbie and having a bad case of Mr Floppy.

We know how much these cunts want to beat us, and we know how much they take the piss when they do, but we still can't get up for it.
Lamela and Lo Celso the only two giving a bit back today. It's shameful

He's insufferably shit isn't he.

Much like Bent, he just prattles out pure fantasy as analysis.

The bloke was a top footballer but he's got an arse for a brain.

Saying that Mourinho doesn't rate Bergwijn and Lo Celso is laughable. Almost as laughable as the amount of pundits who haven't said how shit out of luck we are to lose TWO massive players for the rest of the season it seems. Take the equivalent out of any team in the world and you'll see them suffer, it's just a killer it's happened to us but on we go.

You think a serial winner could figure it out.

We didn't have a midfield last year and Poch cobbled together 4th and a CL final.

Now we don't have a striker but apparently we can't do anything! It's an unsolvable problem!
First time today that I have turned a bit on Jose. The tactics and approach just seem to be so flat. And his excuses seem to be without any hint as to how he fixes this problem. He also came out of January without a striker. That’s pathetic of Levy, but equally Jose was willing to take a risk, which by default should mean he would have a solution if the worst case happened but nope. Nothing. Just gives a shrug and talks utter crap about scoring first.

This situation is dire. And It’s happened before on Levy’s watch and here we are again. He never learns and Jose has been complicit this time around.

I have just listened to his post match press questions. This is the manager of one of the biggest clubs in Europe writing off the next 3 months. It’s entirely unacceptable.

it surely has to be a case now of asking where is the under 23 strikers are and, I hate to say this, Parrott ? If it’s so fucking bad play at least a striker at some stage even if they don’t start.

Don’t they all

Hoddle
Jenas
Owen
McManaman

Could go on there’s fucking loads of the parasites 🦠

That's really all they are.... Trading purely off of name value and hiding behind the shield of "well, what level of the game did you play at?".

...Punditry as a whole is utterly shite. Such a travesty when you consider how much analysis is conducted across various platforms every weekend.

I don't recommend anyone actually watches it; but reference the 'Rio visits PSG' video: That prick in a nutshell.

The shit last 12 under Poch wasn't entertaining either we are scoring more goals under Mou then we did under Poch.

I'll judge Mou next season if he's backed. But my personal opinion is it doesn't matter who we get in because the issues with the club are at board level.

They let the squad get in this state and I'm not convinced they will spend to fix it
Point taken but at full strength we see as more consistent and potent team. Today we are just re-arranging the deckchairs.

The bloke was a top footballer but he's got an arse for a brain.

Saying that Mourinho doesn't rate Bergwijn and Lo Celso is laughable. Almost as laughable as the amount of pundits who haven't said how shit out of luck we are to lose TWO massive players for the rest of the season it seems. Take the equivalent out of any team in the world and you'll see them suffer, it's just a killer it's happened to us but on we go.

....Oh but a front 3 of Shaquiri / Origi / Lallana would still smash it up worldwide, honest guv!

That's really all they are.... Trading purely off of name value and hiding behind the shield of "well, what level of the game did you play at?".

...Punditry as a whole is utterly shite. Such a travesty when you consider how much analysis is conducted across various platforms every weekend.

I don't recommend anyone actually watches it; but reference the 'Rio visits PSG' video: That prick in a nutshell.
Because we all go into work and tell everyone exactly what we think right? The only person who gets away with it is that c**t Carragher.

What is a fact however is that both Chelsea and Woolwich are bigger, more successful and have more money to throw at things than we do, that's just how it has been for some time now if we look at the last 20 years.

As Mourinho said, they started withna World Cup winning striker, had a backup England number 9 on the bench and a backup Belgium striker sitting in the stands. We don't have such luxuries, we aren't of the same model Chelsea etc are so it's practical to think it'll be tougher for us than it is for them etc.

Those excuses are starting to wear thin.

We have incredible revenue and wholly manageable debt. We are the financial equal, if not superior, of both those clubs.

Perhaps they have better squads

I don’t know

So with both Kane and Son out and Moura not firing who do we play up front?
Firstly with Jose as our manager the answer is it doesn’t matter. He will still play a Lo-block.

If, and for hypothetical sake, our manager was Rapp Hasslurtl, Naglesmann, Lampard, Poch, Klopp they would no doubt play Parrott, Dele, Bergwjin, Lucas. But they will be playing a stystem of football that will mitigate the loss. Just as Lampard did today and Naglesmann did during the week and Klopp has done when he couldn’t play Salah, Maine.

It’s not about the individuals, it’s about the system and how the team play as a collective.

For José it is all about the individual, it’s why he wants the season to be over.

We don't have such luxuries?? We had TEN full internationals on the pitch, do me a favour - we have by far the better team on paper, stop making excuses for them mate fs

Firstly with Jose as our manager the answer is it doesn’t matter. He will still play a Lo-block.

If, and for hypothetical sake, our manager was Rapp Hasslurtl, Naglesmann, Lampard, Poch, Klopp they would no doubt play Parrott, Dele, Bergwjin, Lucas. But they will be playing a stystem of football that will mitigate the loss. Just as Lampard did today and Naglesmann did during the week and Klopp has done when he couldn’t play Salah, Maine.

It’s not about the individuals, it’s about the system and how the team play as a collective.

For José it is all about the individual, it’s why he wants the season to be over.

I agree with a lot of this, but its not just about having a modern manager with a system, it's also about your players having something about them.
Some good old fashioned intestinal fortitude and a will to win.

Half our team is fucking spineless and it shows.
Ndomble rolls around every time he is tackled, Vertonghen has the body language of a man who knows he is past it and is just feeling sorry for himself, Lucas is a fucking light weight, so easily pushed off the ball.
Our entire team was bullied today apart from Lo Celso and Lamela.

This is why we haven'te won, and will continue to win fuck all, half the team stand around waiting for Kane or Son to do it for them.

It doesn't matter what manager you bring in and what system they play, the end result will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom