Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol keep finding excuses for this pathetic run of football displays we’ve put in the last 2 months.

I for one am not looking for excuses, but explanations. I just can't seem to understand how almost an entire team can look so lethargic during for the better part of a game. It's happened under Poch and it hasn't changed under Mourinho.

Don't worry, Jose Mourinho, cutting edge football managerial genius will sort this out. If anyone else had been managing us, we'd be 5-0 behind. Bit this is just another Mourinho Masterclass, everything is going to plan.
Yep, very clever tactics... don't press at all up front, give the Chelsea midfielders acres of space to pass the ball around and then run around like headless chickens at the back.

"Give Skippy a chance he's got POTENTIAL bruv"

Stop falling for the English scarlet myth, we all know how this goes he turn into the next Winks or Walcott or Bentley or .....

You get the point.

No striker to hold the ball up has given them the confidence to press the hell out of our midfield. But if we commit more players forward there are spaces in behind. Think we can come into it more 2nd half as long as our forwards aren't completely knackered.
They have giroud up front being supported by mount and Barkley. Who exactly is going to run in behind? Actually I'm wrong because despite playing deep they still managed to let the slowest player in the premier do just that.

I'd wager though if the half way line was our starting point giroud isnt getting away.

Totally agree with most points. Stone age football from a manager that is shit scared to lose a game in order to win a game. If this dross continues he will be hounded out

If I could only use 1 word to describe us that half I think it would be insipid.

At least we will have to go for it at some point this half.

I for one am not looking for excuses, but explanations. I just can't seem to understand how almost an entire team can look so lethargic during for the better part of a game. It's happened under Poch and it hasn't changed under Mourinho.
Under Poch we’ve had glimpses of the dominant side we were in our prime. Under Mourinho we’ve played well in the first two games, then turned to shit.

Honestly, if we could string together three passes in a row this would be a very different game. More than anything, I am shocked by the number of easy turnovers made by poor passes.

658.png

Back
Top Bottom