Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are getting a lot of stick from the pundits but Son was ruled out for the season on Tuesday morning. We had one day to come up with something and it didn’t work that well but the players worked their knackers off. All we can do is work hard, it is impossible to play that well in our circumstances.
He was playing this 442 at the weekend with son in the team.

It's how he seems to want to play at the moment.

All true but my point is, we’d still have to beat Liverpool (who are the best team left in the champions league) in the FA cup if we want to win it, so what’s the difference?
We have Norwich in the next round. There's a pretty big difference.

And we could easily be drawn to Newcastle, West Brom, Reading, Sheffield Utd, Leicester or Birmingham in the next round rather than Juventus, Dortmund, Atleti, Barca etc.

Kinda funny the difference between the difficulty of reaching the CL final compared to the F.A. Cup final has to be explained.

I’m also desperate for a trophy and the FA cup is definitely our best chance, but we’ll still have to beat Liverpool or City, or possibly both, to win it. Are there many better teams than those 2 in the champions league?
Well Atletico just beat Liverpool why are playing their children in the fa cup.
And we just beat city.

We've defended very well and although RougeHeifer are more aggressive, they are no way the stand out team here. We can do them now Jose has the measure of their players. I thought we were better off against a weakened defence, but scoring is harder than defending (just watch the FA cup).

....Dammit.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for Lucas to have another couple of inches.
[/QUOTE

I wonder if his wife thinks that

Mourinho absolutely pissed off we don't have a striker. Outraged.
Been saying it for weeks but people have been defending ENIC and saying he was happy with our business, he has made it very clear he isn't, people can try and spin it whatever way they want but the truth is, how many times can a manager be left short by our board in critical situations before the board get the blame?

Why is it that German players are stronger, quicker and run for longer?
They're just better athletes.
...and Leipzig is in the former East Germany...just sayin. And they do it all while being able to reliably control a ball. Cheating bastards.

Yea, well happy mate.

I actually think we've played well against a very, very good side.

I certainly won't be going on a gooner forum to post like you.
I think we've played OK against a side that knew what to expect and were able to execute their plan better than ours.
Felt a bit Jose dinosaur though given his recent record in the CL.

They were a team though.

This Mourinho football is interesting. He should be an excellent national team manager fro any nation for the World cup tournament. He has also set the team somewhat for the next game with some players rested

Really didn't think Leipzig were very good tonight why we showed them so much respect up until they scored I'll never know.

I think we were rightly cautious based on our depth and it being a two legged affair. A 2nd goal for them kills us, as it stands we can do something with this so I'm fine with the result.

No Son, no Kane and a game played Sunday? A 1-0 loss isn't the end of the world. Onto Chelsea now.

Mourihno picked that team though, left decent players on the bench. Set us up to do fuck all and hope the opposition didn't score. Offered zero going forward. Is that really a masterclass? The opposition manager gave a masterclass, players well drilled, movement, tried to win. Played a reserve youngster in central defence. Jose would have said he wasn't ready.

As if Mourinho didn't start Tanganga against the best team in the world

The 60/30 plan was going okay until Davies' brain fell out his ass. Very similar to the Liverpool game in January.

If Ndombele and Lo Celso can both start the return leg we have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom