Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With our current injuries they are a better side than us. Even when we go to their gaff if our injuries hold they will still be better than us.

however we have something they don’t have, and that’s magic. I might be 9 cans deep but I mean it.

we are getting through this tie, I see another epic come back out at theirs, they will score first then we will score two.

Ndombele is so so good. Incredible how he didnt start tonight. I was certain he would considering he was behind even Eric dier vs villa. You could sense they were scared of him. He reminds me of dembele. If he can stay fit he will be the best cm in the pl.

But fuck me we were absolutely appalling for 70 mins. Atmosphere was pretty poor as usual because of how badly we played. No passion because of how we were setup. The subs changed the game but 70 mins too late. Only saving grace was that they don't have a 3 goal lead. Gonna be a real slog with no consistent goalscorer though. Lo celso and big dave very good. Davies and aurier dogshit all game. That foul for their pen should mean he is constantly 2and choice to tanganga now.

If we start the game vs Chelsea like we ended today we will win. But when was the last time we started on the front foot. I'm hopeful, but that was being spurs is. Despite all signs pointing the other way.

Lads played hard. Id give B-
That was a lively German team. Would've won the game 1:0 had Kane Sissoko and Son, but lost 1:0. That was the difference imo

I think we gave them too much respect. Playing so deep let RBL dictate too much early. And it makes our players overly tentative. Let's get in their grill from the get go and see if they conduct a passing clinic again.

Soooo many thick cunts it hurts.

The point is that we can prioritise ACTUALLY WINNING the FA Cup and top 4.

If you don’t get that then you are a moron
Totally agree we have a better chance at the fa cup. But this is also a cup competition and as we saw last season anything can happen in the knockouts. I don’t for one minute think we can win it but at least stay in it and compete for as long as we can

Ndombele actually pressing and working off the ball. Lo Celso and Lamela on the pitch together.

Not sure I enjoy the "hope we don't conceded 6" part of Jose's plan. But the "go mental against tired legs" part is well good.

No idea

Perhaps he thought something along the lines of that we needed a goal so why substitute an attacker?

All I’m saying is that it’s good that a player being subbed shouldn’t be pleased
I never said they should be, but when you're losing and the manager wants to make a change isn't the time for pissing about looking confused and double taking at your number being on the board, get off the fucking pitch asap and then frown about it on the bench.

Poch & Jose trying to navigate a Spurs team through Europe

giphy.gif

Totally agree we have a better chance at the fa cup. But this is also a cup competition and as we saw last season anything can happen in the knockouts. I don’t for one minute think we can win it but at least stay in it and compete for as long as we can

No brainer for me. I’d rather win the FA Cup than lose the CL at ANY stage.
Apparently I’m the loser though

I really don't think people are looking at the whole picture. We've had 40 percent of the players on the field injured in the past 2 months. Added to that we have had the players playing with different combinations due to the injuries. Both our goal scorers are out of action. What do we expect? Mourinho isnt a magician. He must decide on what he sees daily on training. All I really want to see is Serge substituted. He has no excuse. The others did well.
We don't have tactics employed like City or Liverpoo, all we do is picking up scattered pieces and duct taping them. Kane and Son injuries are pure bad luck, it's not like we are surprised by another Lamela sideline, thinking "he's fit, he's gonna be like new signing". And I'm pretty happy how did this duct taping work till now.

Hmmmnnn, two points.

We need to adopt the All Blacks approach to this squad. First rule - no cunts. So that.s a summer exit for Dele and Aurier. No matter any arguments about their talent, their attitude rules them out.

Secondly what is JMs plan? Because without a striker we're sure not gonna sit that deep and nick one. I think it may be to sit really deep and wait for the other team to start dying of old age.

No brainer for me. I’d rather win the FA Cup than lose the CL at ANY stage.
Apparently I’m the loser though
I’m also desperate for a trophy and the FA cup is definitely our best chance, but we’ll still have to beat Liverpool or City, or possibly both, to win it. Are there many better teams than those 2 in the champions league?

Hmmmnnn, two points.

We need to adopt the All Blacks approach to this squad. First rule - no cunts. So that.s a summer exit for Dele and Aurier. No matter any arguments about their talent, their attitude rules them out.

Secondly what is JMs plan? Because without a striker we're sure not gonna sit that deep and nick one. I think it may be to sit really deep and wait for the other team to start dying of old age.
Aurier was good tonight. Again.

Back
Top Bottom