Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair I don't mind this mindset in any professional sportsman. He'll know that his performances weren't up to scratch but when you've just moved teams (even on loan) it wouldn't do himself any favours by coming out discussing the negatives on his recent performances.

His mindset is that of delusion; that he didnt get a chance.

It's bullshit.

I couldn't give a crap how his comments play out for him or Newcastle.

When he was good, he was good and i want to remember him for that, but it gets boring when he opens his mouth too often as it back fires on him and the club.

He said it himself, that he's not half the player he was.

THFC wanted him and Eriksen out in the summer.
Mourinho has helped achieve what Poch couldn't.
Danny was part of the best defence in the EPL 2016-17 but he got injured and is not as good as he was.
I actually like that he gives honest IVs. I hope he does well for the Barcodes and we get a decent fee next summer.

Nope. Get facts straight. He missed most of that season.

His mindset is that of delusion; that he didnt get a chance.

It's bullshit.

I couldn't give a crap how his comments play out for him or Newcastle.
For a professional sportsman to admit they are done, then they are done.

If he's focused on getting his place back for the Euro's then he needs to play games, he knows that this will not be achieved at Spurs, so despite saying he refuses to leave and will see out his contract, he's already halfway out of the door just a month or so after saying it. He knows where he's at. Just as everyone else does. No one is kidding anybody here.

Everyone outside of Tottenham will lap up the salacious details and snigger

He thinks he’s this break the mould , maverick tell it how it is character

whereas everyone is thinking .... ‘no one likes a grass’

I don’t have a need for you to get one up on a stranger. That’s your thing.

Do you honestly believe any time spent on here isn’t a waste of time?

Bollocks;

It's not a case of oneupmanship at all....

This is a forum for discussion.....

What's the point in you making any sort of comment if you don't care and are perfectly happy to contradict yourself (which you were btw)?

You sound like a stroppy kid....

Bollocks;

It's not a case of oneupmanship at all....

This is a forum for discussion.....

What's the point in you making any sort of comment if you don't care and are perfectly happy to contradict yourself (which you were btw)?

You sound like a stroppy kid....
Fair enough. I’ve just got better things to do. Enjoy your day.

For a professional sportsman to admit they are done, then they are done.

If he's focused on getting his place back for the Euro's then he needs to play games, he knows that this will not be achieved at Spurs, so despite saying he refuses to leave and will see out his contract, he's already halfway out of the door just a month or so after saying it. He knows where he's at. Just as everyone else does. No one is kidding anybody here.

I repeat; he says "I didn't get a chance".

That's bullshit.

The rest is irrelevant to my what I've said.

Here's the stats:

Danny Rose 2016/17
18 starts
10 wins
7 draws
1 loss
36 goals for
11 goals against

Ben Davies 2016/17
18 starts
15 wins
1 draw
2 losses
48 goals for
10 goals against

Evidently that's not all comps...... Or appearances.

He seems pretty damn sure of himself whenever he mouths off in The Sun.

Why is it so hard for some fans to understand that the principals of others extend beyond what a player does or doesn't do with the ball?

By disrespecting the club you disrespect it's fans.... Players get paid more than enough to respect and be mindful of this mantra..... Under this model, it's what true professionalism is all about.

I can understand why some might get annoyed with all the quotes in the media. For me anyways, none I can remember seriously 'crossed the line' of being disrespectful to the club, but that's a subjective opinion. Perhaps the worst one was the 'google' comment.

On balance I would much rather be thankful to him for the good performances and effort rather than spend the day moaning about the negatives.

I repeat; he says "I didn't get a chance".

That's bullshit.

The rest is irrelevant to my what I've said.
Yeah, he will feel that's the case, he will think that he's good and that he deserves to play. There's nothing wrong with having this mentality. Imagine Jose admitting just how shite we are playing right now.

I'm glad that he's gone, I'm glad that he thinks he can make the euro's and if I'm honest I would love to see him (if deserved) playing in an England shirt again.

I would like us to move on from him this summer and hopefully, we sell him and get a better lad in to replace him. (Also, looking forward to Jose to implement his "key" man Davies at LB so he can start to have us playing something that resembles football).

Evidently that's not all comps...... Or appearances.

All comps:

Rose - 21 APPEARANCES
Conceded: 14

Davies - 34 APPEARANCES
Conceded: 23

I only done the league originally because he mentioned the best defensive record in the league. Rose did play a part of it. He played pretty much half of our games and the same amount as Davies did.

Back
Top Bottom