Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many players have said that, From our own Wanayama and Winks to international superstars like De Bruyne.

The only regret is that Poch didn’t have him from a younger age. The more I see Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Ndombele play, the clearer it becomes as to how good Dembele is.

Poch sort of just stumbled across Dembele. I don't think he improved him in any way.

He was always a dominating midfielder who could boss a game when fit. Hell, we bought him off the back of his dominating performance for Fulham against United.

Poch routinely subbed Dembele at half time during his first season with us. Clearly had no idea how to actually get the best out of him. Then at times played him on the wing. It wasn't until Mason and Bentaleb got injured that we started playing Dembele in the centre and he made it his own.

Leeds when they get promoted, in my view.
Career winding down, no top side will want the 'chip' that comes with Danny ... he's played his last game for us that's pretty clear. Good (not great) career blighted by injury and a big mouth ... perfect for punditry another cunt who will slag us every week ... 'you know' it makes sense

Career winding down, no top side will want the 'chip' that comes with Danny ... he's played his last game for us that's pretty clear. Good (not great) career blighted by injury and a big mouth ... perfect for punditry another cunt who will slag us every week ... 'you know' it makes sense

Tug of war between Leeds and Newcaastle

Not sure if the winner wins or loses !

Had a listen to the DR interview on the BBC. He was pretty fair to be honest. Both about himself and the club. He was positive about Mourinho and the new players too. It’s sad that he tainted his last couple of years with us with some slightly silly interviews, but I’d like to remember his decade of commitment to us - and his winding up of Arse.

Jose Mourinho didn't give me same chance at Tottenham as others - Danny Rose

"I do feel I wasn't given as much of a chance as everybody else in the backline," the left-back told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I did want to play for him."

The Doncaster-born player added: "I knew after a month [of Mourinho joining] I was never going to play. It was difficult going out to train knowing I wasn't going to play.

"It's not worked out, but full respect to him and what he's doing at the club. He took over with the club 12 points adrift of Chelsea [now in fourth place] and now it's four.

"I have to be honest, I thought I would continue playing."

After Davies was injured Rose replaced him against West Ham. He almost gave away a penalty. He was then first choice to replace Davies in the Olympiakos game and didn’t cover himself in glory. He’s had a few games since then in which he didnt cover himself in glory. He had plenty of chances and just wasn’t good enough. That’s why he’s now at Newcastle.

After Davies was injured Rose replaced him against West Ham. He almost gave away a penalty. He was then first choice to replace Davies in the Olympiakos game and didn’t cover himself in glory. He’s had a few games since then in which he didnt cover himself in glory. He had plenty of chances and just wasn’t good enough. That’s why he’s now at Newcastle.

Yep. He started against Liverpool and was shite.

People have had a pop at Trippier and Dele in the past but at least they front up when they are playing poorly. Rose seems mystified as to why he fell down the pecking order, which tells you everything. He thinks he deserves to play just because he is Danny Rose.

Back
Top Bottom