Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. He started against Liverpool and was shite.

People have had a pop at Trippier and Dele in the past but at least they front up when they are playing poorly. Rose seems mystified as to why he fell down the pecking order, which tells you everything. He thinks he deserves to play just because he is Danny Rose.
I think you’re broadly right. Danny seems to spend too much time thinking and wondering, and not enough time knuckling down and working his arse off. I’m surprised Poch kept him in the fold for so long. Still, we was an absolute beast in his day and part of that 2016/17 side that gave WHL a glorious unbeaten season.

He’s probably correct that he’s not had the chances other players have had to prove themselves. But they’ve not been on the phone to the papers every week either.

The overall thought I had during his interview was that Danny sounds thick. I don’t think he realizes the effect his interviews have had on the club.

I think you’re broadly right. Danny seems to spend too much time thinking and wondering, and not enough time knuckling down and working his arse off. I’m surprised Poch kept him in the fold for so long. Still, we was an absolute beast in his day and part of that 2016/17 side that gave WHL a glorious unbeaten season.

Barely.

Check my post above.... Davies was the main man for most of that year; not rose

With all due respect; that's nonsense.
Maybe he played more games for Mourinho than I can recall. Buggered if I care enough to go and check. I doubt he played as often as other players who are getting the chance to hit form again (Toby, Jan, Dier, Moura, Son, Dele). But maybe he did.

Maybe he played more games for Mourinho than I can recall. Buggered if I care enough to go and check. I doubt he played as often as other players who are getting the chance to hit form again (Toby, Jan, Dier, Moura, Son, Dele). But maybe he did.

A few posts above...

After Davies was injured Rose replaced him against West Ham. He almost gave away a penalty. He was then first choice to replace Davies in the Olympiakos game and didn’t cover himself in glory. He’s had a few games since then in which he didnt cover himself in glory. He had plenty of chances and just wasn’t good enough. That’s why he’s now at Newcastle.

People have had a pop at Trippier and Dele in the past but at least they front up when they are playing poorly. Rose seems mystified as to why he fell down the pecking order, which tells you everything. He thinks he deserves to play just because he is Danny Rose.

Poch also dropped Davies over and over despite form.

Poch broke his own rules for Rose (and Toby). It backfired.

Davies was his first choice and played well a couple of games, he got injured and Danny played about 4-5 games then Tanganga replaced him

He really was turd in those games he played though and Mou saw this and replaced him.

He can't really complain he's not 1/2 the player he once was

I’m not defending the decision to let him go. I believe he’s a negative influence in the dressing room, nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and I’ve already questioned his basic intelligence.

However, a few matches after a period out, one of which against Liverpool, with a new manager and new tactics, could very well be described as “not getting the chance to prove myself”.

I’m not defending the decision to let him go. I believe he’s a negative influence in the dressing room, nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and I’ve already questioned his basic intelligence.

However, a few matches after a period out, one of which against Liverpool, with a new manager and new tactics, could very well be described as “not getting the chance to prove myself”.

Presumably his time in training compounded the verdict on his shit performances. Mix in the aforementioned negativity..... How many chances should one expect?

How many did KWP get?
How many did Foyth get?
How many do you think Tanganga would have got this season?

Presumably his time in training compounded the verdict on his shit performances. Mix in the aforementioned negativity..... How many chances should one expect?

How many dud KWP get?
How many had Foyth had?
How many do you think Tanganga would have got this season?
I think you believe I disagree with you. I don’t. Danny has been going downward for quite some time. But what I am saying is, he’s not getting why he didn’t think he got as much of a chance as others. I know why he didn’t get as much game time, but I don’t think he does.

"
The full-back explained that he has struggled to regain the form he showed prior to a knee injury in January 2017 that required surgery and left him sidelined for nine months.

He added: "I'd love to be the player I was three years ago when I was doing well. I thought I would return to become that player after the injury, but I had a rude awakening."
"

Danny always gave 100% while wearing the shirt. He got injured giving 100% for the club you all love. That injury has certainly affected his abilities & confidence. Maybe give the guy a break.

THFC wanted him and Eriksen out in the summer.
Mourinho has helped achieve what Poch couldn't.
Danny was part of the best defence in the EPL 2016-17 but he got injured and is not as good as he was.
I actually like that he gives honest IVs. I hope he does well for the Barcodes and we get a decent fee next summer.

I think you believe I disagree with you. I don’t. Danny has been going downward for quite some time. But what I am saying is, he’s not getting why he didn’t think he got as much of a chance as others. I know why he didn’t get as much game time, but I don’t think he does.

He did get as much of a chance as others though; that's my point of contention with what you're saying.

To the latter point; it's obvious he doesn't see this. Jose's reasoning aside, you still appear to share in this opinion.

You said "He’s probably correct that he’s not had the chances other players have had to prove themselves."

He did get as much of a chance as others though; that's my point of contention with what you're saying.

To the latter point; it's obvious he doesn't see this. Jose's reasoning aside, you still appear to share in this opinion.

You said "He’s probably correct that he’s not had the chances other players have had to prove themselves."
I honestly don’t care. I agree, I don’t agree, I categorically don’t give a shite enough to spend any longer talking about it.

"
The full-back explained that he has struggled to regain the form he showed prior to a knee injury in January 2017 that required surgery and left him sidelined for nine months.

He added: "I'd love to be the player I was three years ago when I was doing well. I thought I would return to become that player after the injury, but I had a rude awakening."
"

Danny always gave 100% while wearing the shirt. He got injured giving 100% for the club you all love. That injury has certainly affected his abilities & confidence. Maybe give the guy a break.

He seems pretty damn sure of himself whenever he mouths off in The Sun.

Why is it so hard for some fans to understand that the principals of others extend beyond what a player does or doesn't do with the ball?

By disrespecting the club you disrespect it's fans.... Players get paid more than enough to respect and be mindful of this mantra..... Under this model, it's what true professionalism is all about.

To be fair I don't mind this mindset in any professional sportsman. He'll know that his performances weren't up to scratch but when you've just moved teams (even on loan) it wouldn't do himself any favours by coming out discussing the negatives on his recent performances.

Back
Top Bottom