Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree, it was more the subtleties to the methodology, just too dogmatic. Those examples are both points that highlight the situation though, IMO both suffered as they needed to recover and get fitter, but IMO it should be scaled up not thrown into (then second pre-season a full on high level may be attained).

Though after 3 years the players should either be cycled on or not pushed to their limits as much.
That is speculation tbf, we don't know how those players were treated in training. What we know is they were introduced slowly and I think there was justification for doing so.

Yesterday you pointed to SB having too much sugar, so would you have played him yesterday if you were in charge.

Here they are.

Premier League
05.12.92 Sol Campbell
05.02.94 Ronny Rosenthal
20.08.94 Jurgen Klinsmann
29.09.01 Dean Richards
23.08.03 Frederic Kanoute
19.10.03 Mbulelo Mabizela
07.02.04 Jermain Defoe
05.02.05 Mido (2)
09.03.08 Gilberto
16.08.09 Sebastien Bassong
14.04.10 Danny Rose
10.09.11 Emmanuel Adebayor
01.09.12 Mousa Dembele
18.08.13 Roberto Soldado
16.08.14 Eric Dier
10.08.19 Tanguy Ndombele
02.02.20 Steven Bergwijn

Here they are.

Premier League
05.12.92 Sol Campbell
05.02.94 Ronny Rosenthal
20.08.94 Jurgen Klinsmann
29.09.01 Dean Richards
23.08.03 Frederic Kanoute
19.10.03 Mbulelo Mabizela
07.02.04 Jermain Defoe
05.02.05 Mido (2)
09.03.08 Gilberto
16.08.09 Sebastien Bassong
14.04.10 Danny Rose
10.09.11 Emmanuel Adebayor
01.09.12 Mousa Dembele
18.08.13 Roberto Soldado
16.08.14 Eric Dier
10.08.19 Tanguy Ndombele
02.02.20 Steven Bergwijn

Soldado.... How ironic! :dier:

That is speculation tbf, we don't know how those players were treated in training. What we know is they were introduced slowly and I think there was justification for doing so.

Yesterday you pointed to SB having too much sugar, so would you have played him yesterday if you were in charge.

Berjwign's eyes are indicative of a sugar inbalance, to my eyes. Sugar and oxygen share the same space in blood, so if you run too high you have strong glucose delivery in terms of calorific energy, but low oxygen carrying space, these are the two sides to acid/alkaline balancing.

Metabolic is sugars, loosely, vitamins that are called water soluble rely on sucrose chains to carry the minerals and vitamins, fats are aligned to the respiratory side of this balance.

It gets way too deep for here, and everyone will get bored and tetchy.

Not sure if I'd have started him.

We know that multiple players have not flourished under Poch, Dembele chiefly saying his body could not cope with the intensity of training. That scaling training to individuals needs could have produced better longevity and/or hit rate on signings etc.

Multiple players getting muscle injuries this season, showed to me clearly that they had been pushed too far, the collapse post Burnley last February showed they had been pushed too far IMO.

Mr Brownstone - I used to do a little, but a little wouldnt do it, so a little got more and more, I just keep trying to get a little better said a little better than before... same with physical training, once you start backing up metabolic residues, you have less space to be pushed. So 18months to fully open up the airways, train the liver, heart, lungs, kidneys to function at their highest possible level, then if you maintain that you need absolute world class nutrition and recover to cycle those out on rest periods and through the night.

Complete speculation, but my eyes say he was world class at intensity training, but his team were utterly mediocre at balancing that with elite rest, recovery and nutrition. Hence we never saw or heard glimpses of cutting edge methodologies being deployed (Kane had far infrared and his own nutritionist, why wasn't that club deployed...).

Can't be bothered to map it all out at the moment, but there is a reasonably simplistic way to do things: Alkaline forming eating and mineral supplementation; to support Metabolic pH balance, Oxygen enhancing fats to support respiratory pH balance, plus a host of supporting techniques which every club uses like massages (but if training is gruelling and intense, then this needs taking to extreme as well). Then, techniques like lowering protein 4-6hours before bed to ensure your autonomic nervous system is free to run it's repair sequences as the circadian rhythm needs (so your adrenals get their repair time 11pm-1am for example).

Shit like that.

Berjwign's eyes are indicative of a sugar inbalance, to my eyes. Sugar and oxygen share the same space in blood, so if you run too high you have strong glucose delivery in terms of calorific energy, but low oxygen carrying space, these are the two sides to acid/alkaline balancing.

Metabolic is sugars, loosely, vitamins that are called water soluble rely on sucrose chains to carry the minerals and vitamins, fats are aligned to the respiratory side of this balance.

We know that multiple players have not flourished under Poch, Dembele chiefly saying his body could not cope with the intensity of training. That scaling training to individuals needs could have produced better longevity and/or hit rate on signings etc.

Multiple players getting muscle injuries this season, showed to me clearly that they had been pushed too far, the collapse post Burnley last February showed they had been pushed too far IMO.

Mr Brownstone - I used to do a little, but a little wouldnt do it, so a little got more and more, I just keep trying to get a little better said a little better than before... same with physical training, once you start backing up metabolic residues, you have less space to be pushed. So 18months to fully open up the airways, train the liver, heart, lungs, kidneys to function at their highest possible level, then if you maintain that you need absolute world class nutrition and recover to cycle those out on rest periods and through the night.

Complete speculation, but my eyes say he was world class at intensity training, but his team were utterly mediocre at balancing that with elite rest, recovery and nutrition. Hence we never saw or heard glimpses of cutting edge methodologies being deployed (Kane had far infrared and his own nutritionist, why wasn't that club deployed...).

Can't be bothered to map it all out at the moment, but there is a reasonably simplistic way to do things: Alkaline forming eating and mineral supplementation; to support Metabolic pH balance, Oxygen enhancing fats to support respiratory pH balance, plus a host of supporting techniques which every club uses like massages (but if training is gruelling and intense, then this needs taking to extreme as well). Then, techniques like lowering protein 4-6hours before bed to ensure your autonomic nervous system is free to run it's repair sequences as the circadian rhythm needs (so your adrenals get their repair time 11pm-1am for example).

Shit like that.

Have i just woken up in a parrallel universe or something?

Shit like that.

Beat me to it. :carrollwtf:

Ooooof! ...Don't like the sound of being loged!

or luged.

pbox.php

Ok but he started yesterday and scored. If Poch had seen what you had seen and not started him he would've got pelters, even if he explained the reasons post match.

Shit like that.
I would say that more players have flourished under Poch than not, including Dembele himself. So who's to say that Poch's training didn't make him a better player and possibly prolong his career, considering that many thought his career might be over early due to an old hip injury

Here's an interview with the nutritionist we employed.
Spurs nutritionist on working with Poch, 'fierce' Jesus Perez & changing Kane

Shit like that.

Back
Top Bottom