Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch was utterly copying Bielsa then...

Leeds fans mocking Bielsa as a guy they signed is yet to feature, with Bielsa saying "it will take time to integrate him into the team"...

Such a weird thing. How about instead, taking the view of it taking a while to integrate the training culture into the player? Then Lo Celso, NDombele and others might have been able to contribute from August onwards (and got slowly fitter as they went along, instead of plunging them into a full scale high intensity boot camp which destroyed them for the first 3-4months...).

Bergwijn would have been soo full of CO2 under Poch, early on in training sessions due to this mantra, that he wouldn't have had any zip left to control that ball, let alone smash it in...

Is it really just me and a few others who can see this? cognitive pochonance.

Pack it up, pack it in, Stephen Bergwijn
He came to win cos losing's a sin
He won't ever slack up, Goon you better back up
Try and play the role and yo the Yids'll act up.

:levyeyes::mourfacepalm:
Thank you Mr Naylor your effort has been duly noted , we will contact you when we’ve made a decision

Last edited:
His goal got me so hyped. Such a good strike. But what impressed me throughout the game was his defensive play. He put in so much effort on both sides of the ball. There will be growing pains coming to the PL but I believe he has the right mindset and style of play.

The last part of his surname is pronounced 'wine' instead of 'win'.

:mourpointlaugh:

Kloovenburg%20Riebeekberg%20Syrah%202016.jpg

Poch was utterly copying Bielsa then...

Leeds fans mocking Bielsa as a guy they signed is yet to feature, with Bielsa saying "it will take time to integrate him into the team"...

Such a weird thing. How about instead, taking the view of it taking a while to integrate the training culture into the player? Then Lo Celso, NDombele and others might have been able to contribute from August onwards (and got slowly fitter as they went along, instead of plunging them into a full scale high intensity boot camp which destroyed them for the first 3-4months...).

Bergwijn would have been soo full of CO2 under Poch, early on in training sessions due to this mantra, that he wouldn't have had any zip left to control that ball, let alone smash it in...

Is it really just me and a few others who can see this? cognitive pochonance.
His methods seemed to have worked most of the time that he was here. GLC was injured during preseason and Ndombele does still to improve his fitness.

Sit back, counter attack, don't take no flack
Run in time to the rhythm of the track
He's Steven...Bergwijn, left wing, so awesome
So much pace, full backs frightened to lose him
So many skills, he keeps them in store
He's even got them coming out of his pores
His father, his mother, his sister, his brother
Everyone's got to be a Bergwijn loveeeeeeere

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:levyeyes: :levyeyes: :levyeyes: :levyeyes: :levyeyes:

His methods seemed to have worked most of the time that he was here. GLC was injured during preseason and Ndombele does still to improve his fitness.

Agree, it was more the subtleties to the methodology, just too dogmatic. Those examples are both points that highlight the situation though, IMO both suffered as they needed to recover and get fitter, but IMO it should be scaled up not thrown into (then second pre-season a full on high level may be attained).

Though after 3 years the players should either be cycled on or not pushed to their limits as much.

Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want
So tell me what you want, what you really, really want
I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha) I wanna, (ha)
I wanna really, really, really wanna Stevie B, ah!

:dierno:

Back
Top Bottom