Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Courtesy of hotspur America podcast

'Since pep refered to spurs as the harry kane team we have beaten his man city three times without harry kane.'

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blah ... same shit different day ...
Starting off with an insult, always a telling sign.

City only look good if you're a glory hunting wanker - you can shove you City millions where the sun don't shine - they're a plastic club and their truly abysmal support yesterday shows you just where entitlement has got them ... City were always the pride of Manchester when it came to having decent fans, now they're just as plastic as their local rivals. To paraphrase Keegan I would hate it, hate it, hate it if we ever sold our sole as they have.

You're just throwing random insults at them and it seems to be based on a couple of reports about their fans at a match you probably didnt attend. None of it has anything to do with my post. City are cunts , yes I think that about everyone but Tottenham but that's not the debate and Enic despite what many seem to think aren't Tottenham.

You like that plastic shit?
What part of premier league football isnt plastic?

If in your own words it's just loads of trophies that matter then why don't you follow PSG or Ajax almost guaranteed trophies every year. Plastic fans are worse than having no fans at all ......
So because I dont think Enic is the greatest owners ever and I'd like spurs to win trophies I'm I'm plastic...ok.

It's not just about winning it's how you win - if you were a real Spurs fan that message would be ingrained on your heart.
How you win? Is it about that when we take billions of those cunts at sky? Is winning about trying to move your club to Stratford or being open to playing premier league games in other countries? Is winning charging twenty five quid for a cup replay when the other team let you in for a tenner?

Sounds like you support Enic not spurs. I cant imagine city fans who in your words were always great cared about their owners when aguero won them the league or kompany scored from 30 yards against Leicester last year.

It's all plastic and that's my point. The tv companies have taken over , priced working class families out of going , brought in tourists and every owner would sell their soul to the devil for profit or fame.

Despite what the trolls have said this morning I've never wanted cities ownership but I dont believe our owners hold any moral superiority either.

I haven't read any posts prior to this but I have to say Lo Celso was immense today. Bossed the midfield, ran and tackled back when he had to. He was fucked at the final whistle and that's no surprise given his contribution. Winks, Aurier and Tanganga were great too but GLC was outstanding, imo.

he is consistently good and getting better each game. Doesn't hesitate, huge work rate, has a bit of everything, including tackling ability, seems to nick it off the opposition when they don't expect it. Easily MOTM

Starting off with an insult, always a telling sign.

You're just throwing random insults at them and it seems to be based on a couple of reports about their fans at a match you probably didnt attend. None of it has anything to do with my post. City are cunts , yes I think that about everyone but Tottenham but that's not the debate and Enic despite what many seem to think aren't Tottenham.

What part of premier league football isnt plastic?

So because I dont think Enic is the greatest owners ever and I'd like spurs to win trophies I'm I'm plastic...ok.

How you win? Is it about that when we take billions of those cunts at sky? Is winning about trying to move your club to Stratford or being open to playing premier league games in other countries? Is winning charging twenty five quid for a cup replay when the other team let you in for a tenner?

Sounds like you support Enic not spurs. I cant imagine city fans who in your words were always great cared about their owners when aguero won them the league or kompany scored from 30 yards against Leicester last year.

It's all plastic and that's my point. The tv companies have taken over , priced working class families out of going , brought in tourists and every owner would sell their soul to the devil for profit or fame.

Despite what the trolls have said this morning I've never wanted cities ownership but I dont believe our owners hold any moral superiority either.

You're a plastic troll now piss off ... anyone who puts trophies above the soul of our club ... I have zero time for that ... on ignore you go.

A good result.But the game will be remembered for the VAR penalty. When the pros and cons of it are discussed at the end of the season this will be used as a example.
Thought we played ok,and defended superbly for the most part. For once we took advantage of a weekend when other results treated us kindly.
Onwards and upwards.

The away game vs chavski's on the 22nd is looking like a massive fixture now, especially if we beat Villa away first, and Man Ure get something out of their game with the chavs.

Battle of the bridge part 2?!!

:lamelaaghh:

When discussing VAR in the future its important to realize that they will count all of these VAR decisions as right - so when they say right decisions have gone from 96% to 98% its largely waffle as there is so much grey in football.

How much stoppage time was there in the first half? I know they kept on playing whilst the VAR decision was being made but that was 4 mins that didn't count! Plus there was Dele's injury on top of that but I don't remember there being a lot of time added..

A good result.But the game will be remembered for the VAR penalty. When the pros and cons of it are discussed at the end of the season this will be used as a example.
Thought we played ok,and defended superbly for the most part. For once we took advantage of a weekend when other results treated us kindly.
Onwards and upwards.
Weirdly, I think the penalty ultimately led to the win. It fired up the entire stadium, both on and off the pitch. Without it I think we coast to a loss.

In any case, that was the best atmosphere for a Prem game I’ve seen at the new stadium in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom