Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only was able to keep half an eye on the match today as my daughter had a match. Did see Bergwijn go off limping (cramps? Please let it be cramps) and Ndombele look to take an arm to the face.

Are they good?

Very good performance.
Hugo - Just incredible. I feel even better since I've supported him and his captaincy everytime here. MotM.
Aurier - Penalty aside(which I'm not entirely convinced), that was a sensational performance. Keep it going, and we can cross the new RB off the list.
Toby and Dav - A bit shakey at the start, especially Dav, but grew into the game.
Tanganga - The kid can play everywhere. Was Mahrez playing today?
Winksy - Shite first half, inspirational second half. Can he perform like that 2nd half for 90 minutes?
Lo Celso - SIGN HIM UP! Oh wait... He's just incredible. Thinks half a second faster than the rest of the team.
Dele - Started very well, but fell off, and by the time he was taken off, he was offering absoulutely fuck all.
Son - Goal aside, poor performance. Lost too many balls. Only thing he has going for him at the moment is his workrate.
Bergwijn - Special debut. Quiet first half, also because we seemed to give every ball to Sonny and none to him, but that pass to Aurier was brilliant. 2nd half, he got included more, and then the goal was incredible to top it all of. Who was our number 23 before?
Lucas - Absolute machine. If only he was 6'5. His workrate and desire is insane, and he has moments of brilliance.
Ndombele - Came on, created a magical goal, got immediatly tired. Fix his fitness, and we have the best midfielder in the PL, and I'm not joking. His technique is incredible.
Lamela and Dier - Brought on to calm the game down, did it pretty well. Happy with both.
Jose Mourinho - Another chapter in the "Jose Mourinho masterclass" book. As I said, as much as I love Poch, this is the difference between having a great manager, and a winner as a manager.
All in all, an incredible week, and we're only 4 points behind Chavs. IT'S THERE FOR THE TAKING!

Last edited:
An American friend of mine used to host Super Bowl night. Hot dogs, burgers, beers and excellent company. It was an event I always looked forward to - the game didn’t really matter.
I’ve tried it in the past used to enjoy the highlights package like MOTD version of it then tried the super bowl final but nope just couldn’t get into it not a full game! Buffalo Bills we’re in the final the year I tried it well think it was them?

Beautiful irony - Man City fans chanting mockingly about us playing 'the Mourinho way' and within a minute we scored, followed immediately by another one. Man, did that shut the fuckers up :)

That challenge from Sterling on Dele(?) was an absolute disgrace. Diving twat.

But I’ll doubt it’ll get much coverage as Raheem is your country’s media golden boy. He’s a scummy cunt in my book. Got abused by a headless chav fan in the past and now he’s getting a pass for everything he does.

How the fuck did we win that!?!

Just how fucking good is it to have Lloris back, OUR CAPTAIN MoTM.
Winks was brilliant, with and without the ball!!
Lo Celso another super performance
Aurier another brilliant performance
Toby's best game is fucking ages

Good shows from Tanganga and Sanchez

Jose, please play Ndombele for fuck's sake (unless he's injured).

Important points, especially as all rivals, lost points this weekend.

I was looking forward to today’s game , I really think levy has pulled a masterstroke getting Jose in, back him in the summer and we will win the league, I still think we got a good chance of the CL this season, it’s a good time to be a yid!

Back
Top Bottom