Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off topic, did anyone watch the Liverpool game? Blatant penalty foul on Ings and the ref didn't even bother too check out because it was against pool. One time var needed but it might have got in the way. And they scored their 1st goal from the counter attack. Sickening to see this blatant favouritism. Let's get rid of refs altogether and let the teams just beat the shit out of each other. A large part of their PL lead seems to be due to this happening over and over again.

LiVARpool

Sorry, nicked from my 13 yr olds vast array of spectacular humour

I couldn’t describe myself as optimistic about the game but city have nothing to play for and surely our ‘big game manager’ can pass just one of these tests? Even just by fluke.

Feels dangerous to have not completely written it off altogether already 😂

COYS!

Unusually for me I think we might nick this.

Even though we are quite shit at the present.

Strange times

What can your prediction possibly be based on...we can't defend and we can't score. Look at the Southampton cup game: the dinosaur manager decides that at one nil up, the best tactic is to sit back and hold it. Why? Surely he knows we can't defend!
I'll be as happy as anyone with a win but I fund jose and his tactics hard to swallow (that's what she said) and the more I see, the less convinced i am...

What can your prediction possibly be based on...we can't defend and we can't score. Look at the Southampton cup game: the dinosaur manager decides that at one nil up, the best tactic is to sit back and hold it. Why? Surely he knows we can't defend!
I'll be as happy as anyone with a win but I fund jose and his tactics hard to swallow (that's what she said) and the more I see, the less convinced i am...
HERETIC!

BURN HIM!

:) :)

I really hope both Ndombele and Lo Celso start together. I don’t think Pep or city will be prepared for that and I honestly think we win the midfield if they do, even though their midfield are no chumps.

Looking forward to my brother’s face when we step out in to the stands today, our colosseum really is breath taking to people that haven’t seen it yet.

Think I’ll take my boy down the park for an hour then it’s straight on the beers for me, stumble down to Tottenham for about 1:00.

We’re going to win this.

If we can’t score how did we throw away a 1-0 lead :mourbye:

Off topic, did anyone watch the Liverpool game? Blatant penalty foul on Ings and the ref didn't even bother too check out because it was against pool. One time var needed but it might have got in the way. And they scored their 1st goal from the counter attack. Sickening to see this blatant favouritism. Let's get rid of refs altogether and let the teams just beat the shit out of each other. A large part of their PL lead seems to be due to this happening over and over again.
No it isn't. Look, I know it's easy to just look at the VAR decisions that go in Liverpool's favour and ignore the ones that go against them and then cry foul because of 'blatant favouritism' but I think if you look into it properly you would see that they enjoy no more favouritism than we do (or anyone else).
I'm not a Liverpool fan but have two grown up sons who are (we lived in Merseyside for a few years during the 1980's when they were kids) and because of that I have watched most of their games for many years live or on tv. The reason why they have a huge lead at the top of the PL is nothing to do with VAR - it's simply that they have the best manager in the league (even though I detest the man's personality), they have bought perfect players to complete their team when they are required, ignoring the cost (particularly Allison and Van Dijk), and their team is head and shoulders above every other team in the league because they are a team and not just a bunch of players brought together every game with seemingly no idea what their tactics are.
I wish it wasn't so and the situation with us and them was reversed but it isn't - there really isn't any point in denying it at this stage. To think that VAR wins you a 22 point lead after 25 games is just madness. They have now got 100 points out of the last 102 - do you really think that has been achieved through luck or VAR?
OK thats my Liverpool speech out of the way - back to Spurs now and their 3-1 thrashing of City today.

No it isn't. Look, I know it's easy to just look at the VAR decisions that go in Liverpool's favour and ignore the ones that go against them and then cry foul because of 'blatant favouritism' but I think if you look into it properly you would see that they enjoy no more favouritism than we do (or anyone else).
I'm not a Liverpool fan but have two grown up sons who are (we lived in Merseyside for a few years during the 1980's when they were kids) and because of that I have watched most of their games for many years live or on tv. The reason why they have a huge lead at the top of the PL is nothing to do with VAR - it's simply that they have the best manager in the league (even though I detest the man's personality), they have bought perfect players to complete their team when they are required, ignoring the cost (particularly Allison and Van Dijk), and their team is head and shoulders above every other team in the league because they are a team and not just a bunch of players brought together every game with seemingly no idea what their tactics are.
I wish it wasn't so and the situation with us and them was reversed but it isn't - there really isn't any point in denying it at this stage. To think that VAR wins you a 22 point lead after 25 games is just madness. They have now got 100 points out of the last 102 - do you really think that has been achieved through luck or VAR?
OK thats my Liverpool speech out of the way - back to Spurs now and their 3-1 thrashing of City today.
I’m glad the Liverpool speech is out the way, can you also promise never to do it again?

Chaps... does anyone know if I can use the ticket barcode on my phone screen to get in at the turnstiles? I've always printed it on actual paper before.

Cheers!
Mitts x

Back
Top Bottom