January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Are you waiting for the money shot?

Sheep gonna sheep. As if a dm will be the springboard to a hundred goals a season.

It'll help us at both ends of the pitch....

Without Kane we still have a list of players with a history of scoring yet the chances are so few that they're being snatched at.

Next thing you know we're being countered, our MF is being bypassed and our defense directly exposed to any runners.

When this squad was in it's pomp we were playing with a pure DM (Dier or Vic... even with 3CBs); it doesn't by default equate to us turning into early 90s Woolwich.

Last edited:
It'll help us at both ends of the pitch....

Without Kane we still have a list of players with a history of scoring yet the chances are so few that they're being snatched at.

Next thing you know we're being countered, our MF is being bypassed and our defense directly exposed to any runners.

When this squad was in it's pomp we were playing with a pure DM (Dier or Vic); it doesn't by default equate to us turning into early 90s Woolwich.
The point.

Haaland & Can. Very good January window for Dortmund.

So Can is the (not really a) DM that everyone's been dreaming of before the window opened is he?

Funny there was not a single mention of him previously, yet he used to get roundly slated when he was last in the EPL.

Do me a favour.....

Internet sentences being what they are, I couldn't tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing so I assumed that you were inviting conversation or argument. Which you clearly did based on your response here. I wrongly assumed you wanted a conversation.

Gnomic? You're absolutely right. I see that as how this board fits me rather than a role that I should somehow play because its required by how you see your function here. This board is a source of information by people who know more or differently than me . A source of debate where I try to pick through the facts like a squirrel ties to pick nuts out of shit.

The only function of language is to communicate but that doesn't mean that I need to repeat the standard tropes that provide 80% of the content here. Maybe I should call Levy a c*nt here or demand that we sign this player or that. Others already do that much better than me but where I think there is I have POV then I will post.

But you are right. I don't come here to seek conflict. That gives me no joy. I'm married with 2 lovely kids so I don't really feel the need to go looking for conflict elsewhere. I have strong opinions but they will always be subject to the rigour of proof.

It's almost like you want a friend. But I ain't counting on it, as nice as that would be because I view this as a treasured house plant, not the room that I spend my life in.

Have I ever asked for your opinion on anything? No I haven’t. You follow me around like a lost puppy, and you have the cheek to suggest I need a friend? Just read back the bollocks you just posted. None of it makes sense.

PSV seem to be a club in serious turmoil at the minute. The fans stormed the ground at the weekend, they blame the board for not supporting then sacking Van Bommel and the poor results. Their top players are making a beeline for the exit door, Zoet to Utrecht seems a mental one.

West Ham: "no way are those fuckers stealing our place in world football"

Agreed. Worse I've seen us ever. In a player capability filter. We had worse players in the 90's but there was always usually effort. That was the first time I ever thought "tools down"

Off the back of being slaughtered by BM too... That game was such a slap in the face.

He's very single minded isn't he. Oh wait.

I have no hate for Danny. That debut. But don't give me I will see out my contract.

#LovePoch but someone is cleaning house.
Good thing about Jose he has the loyalty to the players here yet so ones under performing or haven't got the right attitude will be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom