January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thought on Piatek?

What do you think his weaknesses are as a player? Why do you think his current goal drought will end with a move to Spurs? What he can do differently within himself?

I'd like to hear what you think of Piatek as a player.
I’d like to know when last you spoke to him personally as you did with Poch

Much better to sign an experienced player, but still ok if we don't.

:levylol:

My God, Levy must have wet dreams over fans like this
It’s not okay because it’s not fair to Parrott and Mou has already said he’s not ready. However, if Parrott for some reason does get minutes because of it, it mitigates the circumstances and could potentially be better for the club long term, but it’s a huge (and unnecessary) gamble.

I think someone will be incoming before the 31st, though.

Here he is ranked in the top 30 players of the season.

The 6th best defender.

This is too easy, puppy.
In 2017 6 months before Liverpool got him for a record fee, he was ranked behind David Luiz, our very own Jan Vertonghen, Marcos Alonso (who I admit was brilliant for Conte) and the human mistake that is Laurent Koscielny. But sure, he was worth £75M for being the 6th best defender at the time. We should've cashed out on the belgian CBs, could've gotten £200M by that logic :harrysmile:

I thought he looked fine.
Much better than Aurier ever did, to me at least.

I'd much rather see a real intelligent footballer on the pitch than a gym rat. In the end we'll look back on this and realize it was a stupid move.
His fellow players didn't rate him, position, strength, speed of thought all not quite top drawer. Like Onomah what he needs is a long run at a slightly lower level, no idea why he didn't go out on loan guess that wasn't the Poch way ....

Good enough or not at 24 sitting in the reserves for a fourth season simply not an option for him

In 2017 6 months before Liverpool got him for a record fee, he was ranked behind David Luiz, our very own Jan Vertonghen, Marcos Alonso (who I admit was brilliant for Conte) and the human mistake that is Laurent Koscielny. But sure, he was worth £75M for being the 6th best defender at the time. We should've cashed out on the belgian CBs, could've gotten £200M by that logic :harrysmile:
The argument is whether VDV was one of the best in the League at the time.

He was.

That's why he was bought at that price.

Wow. We also went a whole season without spending a single penny and are now paying for that in terms of league position. That amateur decision by the club has now cost us, pathetic.
It's crazy some people still think it was the right thing to do considering the mess we are in now. All because they don't want to admit they were wrong & or levy/ENIC made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom