January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also paid top dollar cause they needed a CB. You want quality you pay up. Instead we keep getting half price Njies and Foyths

You pay what you think the player is worth unless you are desperate.

Problem we have now is no DoF and no Analytics department because previous managers didn't want experts to help buy players. So we are at a big disadvantage to the likes of Liverpool when buying and selling players - we cant properly evaluate them.

Did you even understand what I meant? It’s not about how frequent or how much they negociated, it’s about the fact that in today’s market you pay or go home. Do you think - if we were in for van Dijk and had the money - we would have paid a record 70m for him?
We spent £60m on Ndombele. If we have the organizational alignment we spend the cash.

Did you even understand what I meant? It’s not about how frequent or how much they negociated, it’s about the fact that in today’s market you pay or go home. Do you think - if we were in for van Dijk and had the money - we would have paid a record 70m for him?

I’ve always seen the wages as the real issue. How much did we pay for Sanchez? North of £50m?

The problem with wages is that if you offer a great player £250k, other players will expect parity or at least a sizeable improvement.

Several factors in our downturn in performances, but it’s no coincidence that it coincided with the club breaking the wage cap. Kane’s salary increase became the barometer against which every player would measure their own worth.

You pay what you think the player is worth unless you are desperate.

Problem we have now is no DoF and no Analytics department because previous managers didn't want experts to help buy players. So we are at a big disadvantage to the likes of Liverpool when buying and selling players - we cant properly evaluate them.
Liverpool were desperate - and paid up. That’s my point really

Wow. We also went a whole season without spending a single penny and are now paying for that in terms of league position. That amateur decision by the club has now cost us, pathetic.
And still they pretend that disgraceful show of negligence has no bearing on our alarming fall in fortune since.
I keep saying it, but Stockholm Syndrome personified.

Last edited:
And still they pretend that diisgraceful show of negligence has no bearing on our alarming fall in fortune since.
I keep saying it, but Stockholm Syndrome personified.
Excuses rolling in already. We signed a shit Brazilian once so the risk is too great now. Might do a Leeds, etc.

Plus side of not getting a striker would be Parrott coming up, hopefully, despite a Mou saying he isn’t ready. It would be much better to sign an experienced player, though.
Much better to sign an experienced player, but still ok if we don't.

:levylol:

My God, Levy must have wet dreams over fans like this

Much better to sign an experienced player, but still ok if we don't.

:levylol:

My God, Levy must have wet dreams over fans like this
What are your thought on Piatek?

What do you think his weaknesses are as a player? Why do you think his current goal drought will end with a move to Spurs? What he can do differently within himself?

I'd like to hear what you think of Piatek as a player.

I’ve always seen the wages as the real issue. How much did we pay for Sanchez? North of £50m?

The problem with wages is that if you offer a great player £250k, other players will expect parity or at least a sizeable improvement.

Several factors in our downturn in performances, but it’s no coincidence that it coincided with the club breaking the wage cap. Kane’s salary increase became the barometer against which every player would measure their own worth.
Ever since we coughed up the £200k a week for Kane plus bonuses, wages have been less of an issue. We’re paying Ndombele nearly that in wages, allegedly. Only a handful of players make that much in the Premier League.

Wages were a real issue 3-4 years ago, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom