January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so effing stupid this kid never got a run in the team. 3 assist game in the prem last year and gets benched indefinitely. Fucking waste of our talented youth.

Honestly, if Palace are keen I don't know we don't just give him an 18 month loan.... With a year and a half's game time in a decent Palace team, he may come back a man and be all that we hoped he would be.... He'd still only be 23/24.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid

How would you rate La Razon as a source ?

And how would you rate Mariano Diaz v William Jose
It's the nearest thing that Spain has to a tabloid paper, like the Daily Mail without the upskirt shots. They filched that story from yesterday's Marca.

What I've seen of Mariano, which isn't an awful lot, he looks an excellent prospect. I'd imagine Madrid only want to loan him out tho

Honestly, if Palace are keen I don't know we don't just give him an 18 month loan.... With a year and a half's game time in a decent Palace team, he may come back a man and be all that we hoped he would be.... He'd still only be 23/24.

I'd guess Palace's business model is part dependent on purchasing promising players and turning a profit on them, so a loan turning a potential PL player into a reliable PL player for no financial gain wouldn't entirely suit them.

It's the nearest thing that Spain has to a tabloid paper, like the Daily Mail without the upskirt shots. They filched that story from yesterday's Marca.

What I've seen of Mariano, which isn't an awful lot, he looks an excellent prospect. I'd imagine Madrid only want to loan him out tho

Thanks Bill.

Don't mind a loan, although one with an option to buy even better.

We certainly need an alternative striker now and might only need one for 18 months if Troy Parrott is good enough in 21/22 to be the alternate striker, so a 6 month loan now and a one year loan next season of another striker might be enough.

Or of course we sign a couple more AM's next season who are able between the 6 of them to play as a 'no striker' formation and we don't need a striker loan next season (after all Liverpool don't really have a main striker, Firminho is more of a no 10)

I'd guess Palace's business model is part dependent on purchasing promising players and turning a profit on them, so a loan wouldn't entirely suit them.

Depends if they have anyone else a couple of years down the pipeline...

They may not see him as the future; just for now.... It's not like they typically buy to sell... The Zaha's and AWBs of this world were born of their youth system.

It's so effing stupid this kid never got a run in the team. 3 assist game in the prem last year and gets benched indefinitely. Fucking waste of our talented youth.
Two different managers haven't given him a shot, maybe he's just not that good.

That said, his development was obviously fucked by Poch. Kid should have been out on loan years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom