January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it's a greater risk NOT signing a striker.
Depends, it's a decision JM will have to make, Kane is back in April.
If Willian is a success all well and good, if he isn't that's 18m he won't have to spend come the summer and another player that he will struggle to get rid of.

If Willian is a success all well and good, if he isn't that's 18m he won't have to spend come the summer and another player that he will struggle to get rid of.

To dare is to do eh?

Not signing a striker will obviously be a disaster we can't buy goals recently and struggle to keep.clean sheets.

Signing a backup striker may lumber us with a player who's not up to snuff, but better to take a risk and go for it rather then pick the option that will obviously be a disaster

you said he 'aint bad' which doesn't really answer my question whether you think he's a good signing or not.

Hahahah, so typically you!

What I ACTUALLY said:

"Never knowingly seen him play, but like Totti Totti said... 45 in 111 ain't bad... Esp. for a back-up."

FFS, What part of that is not perfectly clear???? :dempsey:

I'll openly admit that my opinion don't mean shit on this one.... Much like yours... Only difference is one of us is pre-disposed to gun it down by default.

To dare is to do eh?

Not signing a striker will obviously be a disaster we can't buy goals recently and struggle to keep.clean sheets.

Signing a backup striker may lumber us with a player who's not up to snuff, but better to take a risk and go for it rather then pick the option that will obviously be a disaster
I'm not saying don't be daring but perhaps look at someone a bit younger that might offer us better value.

There is no striker in the world that we can guarantee would come in and hit the ground running straight away. Added to the fact that January is a very tough time to try and sign quality, I think we have to be realistic in what kind of striker we can hope to get.

18 million on a striker that that has a 1in2 ratio, knows one of our players (lucas), is at the peak age of 28, and also holds the physical attributes to deal with the premier league?

That sounds like an absolute bargain to me mate. We only need the guy to fill in for when kane is sitting games out.

I'm not saying don't be daring but perhaps look at someone a bit younger that might offer us better value.

It's an interesting one, and seems to be indicative of how Mourinho is recruiting.

Out and out I'd prefer Piatek, but it might be that Willian Jose suits our system more.

We need a striker, I'll be happy when the club gets one, and interested in how it plays out regardless.

Hahahah, so typically you!

What I ACTUALLY said:

"Never knowingly seen him play, but like Totti Totti said... 45 in 111 ain't bad... Esp. for a back-up."

FFS, What part of that is not perfectly clear???? :dempsey:

I'll openly admit that my opinion don't mean shit on this one.... Much like yours... Only difference is one of us is pre-disposed to gun it down by default.
Like I said you said he 'ain't bad'
I just want to be clear whether you think he will be a good or a bad signing.
'Ain't bad' but you're not saying he's good.

Pitaek?

Someone younger and wanted at his club will cost a good 50% premium in Jan. And likely not be be happy to sit on the bench here.

Ideal is someone like Jose who likely knows this will be his last big move will be getting a pay rise at the same time and playing in better competitions.

Piatek is also an option but having actually watched a fair wack of him he's a great finisher when in the mood but his build up play is heavy footed and slow. With Moura Ali and Son already like that we would be asking for trouble there IMO. But when Kane's back I could see Piatek leading the line and Kane replacing Ali.

Also we already have Parrot who looks young and amazing we need someone to plug the gap to allow him to develop and then replace Kane.

Like I said you said he 'ain't bad'
I just want to be clear whether you think he will be a good or a bad signing.
'Ain't bad' but you're not saying he's good.

You're not just wanting to be "clear"; you're just digging for a loose thread.

I'm not saying he's good because I've never seen him play, you div!

.....You realise how futile & needlessly dismissive you're being?

Pitaek?

Someone younger and wanted at his club will cost a good 50% premium in Jan. And likely not be be happy to sit on the bench here.

Ideal is someone like Jose who likely knows this will be his last big move will be getting a pay rise at the same time and playing in better competitions.

Piatek is also an option but having actually watched a fair wack of him he's a great finisher when in the mood but his build up play is heavy footed and slow. With Moura Ali and Son already like that we would be asking for trouble there IMO. But when Kane's back I could see Piatek leading the line and Kane replacing Ali.

Also we already have Parrot who looks young and amazing we need someone to plug the gap to allow him to develop and then replace Kane.
The right kind of age, but your description of him doesn't sound promising.

Brazilian forward has €70m (£59m) release clause in contract

2016 signed for his highest ever transfer fee: £5.4m

8 goals in 22 appearances, aged 28

Fuck me, can't belive that lol! £60m!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not just wanting to be "clear"; you're just digging for a loose thread.

I'm not saying he's gooo because I've never seen him play, you div!

.....You realise how futile you're being?
You're trying to leave yourself an out, he 'ain't bad' but he's not good either.

I least I'm prepared to commit to an opinion.

The Brazilian is on loan at Bayern Munich, and according to Bild, the Bundesliga giants have no intention of signing him permamently.

When Coutinho made the switch to Germany at the start of the season a buy-out clause was inserted in the deal.

Bayern Munich have no plans to trigger this, meaning Coutinho - who clearly hasn't impressed in Germany - is back at square one when he returns to Barcelona at the end of the season.

The Catalan giants do have a new boss, and he may wish to take another look at the Brazilian.

But if he doesn't, then Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian is facing a stressful summer in which he'll have to find his client a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom