January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 2 strikers would you add and at what cost to have something similar to what we had with Berba, Defoe and Keane?

Thank you for that question, I've been looking forward to it.

The first striker should be Cavani. Make him sign a 18 months deal with an extra year if he completes 20 games in his final season. Shouldn't cost more than Ā£10m-Ā£20m considered age and length of contract.

The second option should be something in the mould of Timo Werner. No one would be better than Werner himself. That may not be possible.
Therefore my choice would be Myron Boadu. That may not go down well because of limited success our last AZ striker brought to the club. But Myron Boadu is all about the pace, something Janssen wasn't gifted. I like Boadu for being totally unselfish, and yet he's scoring a lot of goals. Think he'll be a perfect partner for Kane. Probably a Mourinho type of player.

Thank you for that question, I've been looking forward to it.

The first striker should be Cavani. Make him sign a 18 months deal with an extra year if he completes 20 games in his final season. Shouldn't cost more than Ā£10m-Ā£20m considered age and length of contract.

The second option should be something in the mould of Timo Werner. No one would be better than Werner himself. That may not be possible.
Therefore my choice would be Myron Boadu. That may not go down well because of limited success our last AZ striker brought to the club. But Myron Boadu is all about the pace, something Janssen wasn't gifted. I like Boadu for being totally unselfish, and yet he's scoring a lot of goals. Think he'll be a perfect partner for Kane. Probably a Mourinho type of player.

Interesting mix, I like that you've out in a relatively unknown player as let's be honest a team like Spurs, or anyone really wouldn't have a strike force consisting of Kane, Cavani and Werner to choose from so at least the AZ striker brings a bit of rationale to the table. Appreciate the response.

It's not irrelevant at all!

ENIC took us from mid-table mediocrity to......well, where are we?

The competitive position of the club vis a vis the rest of the league was never as weak as Alan Sugar made it look, nor as strong as Mauricio Pochettino made it look.
It's irrelevant to the point I was making about your assumption that we would likely have done just as well or better over the last 20 years had Enic not bought us, that point being that we could just as easily have gone down rather than up.

And to point to the fact that right now we are languishing in 7th as proof that we are no better off, kind of totally ignores 2 decades worth of more or less continuous, if gradual, improvement that has seen multiple CL appearances, one final, a couple of title challenges and a good few World Class players throughout.

Ah good, we agree.

It's all quite simple really. If the team isn't performing up to its wage bill, blame the manager. If the wage bill isn't commensurate with revenue, blame the chairman.

If a manager massively overachieves his wage bill, but the colossal revenue growth he enables is not reinvested into the squad, spend your whole fucking life listening to faux-clever bores lick the chairman's boots because they have some bizarre fetish for the capital class.

Yup, balls in levys court

Llorente would be perfect for Mourinho at the moment.

Genuinely wouldnā€™t be surprised if we got him back. Cavani would be my first choice, but Iā€™d be happy with Piatek as well.

Llorente would be perfect for Mourinho at the moment.

Genuinely wouldnā€™t be surprised if we got him back. Cavani would be my first choice, but Iā€™d be happy with Piatek as well.
Llorente is dog shit and 5 years too old - we need much better, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom