January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ey?

He has a better La Liga goal ratio than Griezmann, Diego Costa, Fernando Torres, Morata and Llorente.

45 goals in 111 games. What's uninspiring about that for someone who would be our second choice striker?

....Just a miserable, nay-saying member of the goth-squad.

His eventual rationale will be "....but Jack Ckarke".

Ey?

He has a better La Liga goal ratio than Griezmann, Diego Costa, Fernando Torres, Morata and Llorente.

45 goals in 111 games. What's uninspiring about that for someone who would be our second choice striker?
7 goals this season, 11 last season 2017/18 was the best of his career with 20

Arguably his best days are behind him, 28 moving to a new country where he needs to be scoring straight away, a short term fix for a long term problem.

Arguably his best days are behind him, 28 moving to a new country where he needs to be scoring straight away, a short term fix for a long term problem.
Its not a short term fix though as whoever we bring will be playing second fiddle to Kane anyway. The age of the striker we bring in actually doesn't matter providing he can start performing straight away.

Ok so you you think Willian Jose would be a good signing then?
Definitely.

He's the near perfect Mourinho striker. Strong center forward. Able to wrestle defenders and create space for our winger and midfielders to score.

Piatek is a goal machine, Willian is more well rounded.

Its not a short term fix though as whoever we bring will be playing second fiddle to Kane anyway. The age of the striker we bring in actually doesn't matter providing he can start performing straight away.
And if he doesn't we would have wasted 18 million with no chance of getting that money back.
He's been at RS for 4 years, I think we are a different level and the demands are much different.

And if he doesn't we would have wasted 18 million with no chance of getting that money back.
He's been at RS for 4 years, I think we are a different level and the demands are much different.
I'm not talking about Willian Jose and his attributes as i have barely seen him. I'm simply saying his age is fine.

Have you ever seen him play?

Whenever i hear of a drop in asking price as big as this, i start to get worried...

The original link was his release clause wasn't it?

Which we were never going to pay and Sociedad knew they were never going to sell him for.

He has 8 goals in 16 starts. Which is a 1 in 2 record...

11 goals and 5 assists in 25 starts last season..

15 goals and 4 assists in 32 starts the previous season..

12 goals and 4 assists in 26 starts the season before that...

So his goal involvement is constantly 1 in 2 or better.. As a back up striker who suits the way we have been playing for the price touted, I'm not really sure anyone can complain.

28 years old is absolutely nothing. Gimenez is 28 years old yet he's found his best years in a new league in a system that suits him..

Its not even about him coming in and scoring straight away. Its us having a striker we can play off, a focal point who, If he cannot score, helps bring others in.

Firmino is 28, never scored more than 15 league goals in the Prem. Are his best days days behind him?

Ey?

Yep he's physical good in the air and pretty good with it at his feet. Hes 28 knows he won't be first choice and will be getting a much larger contract then he's on in Spain.

For 18 million we have nothing to lose ffs

Just get him in or Piatek who ever Jose prefers. We cant survive without a first choice striker

The original link was his release clause wasn't it?

Which we were never going to pay and Sociedad knew they were never going to sell him for.

He has 8 goals in 16 starts. Which is a 1 in 2 record...

11 goals and 5 assists in 25 starts last season..

15 goals and 4 assists in 32 starts the previous season..

12 goals and 4 assists in 26 starts the season before that...

So his goal involvement is constantly 1 in 2 or better.. As a back up striker who suits the way we have been playing for the price touted, I'm not really sure anyone can complain.

28 years old is absolutely nothing. Gimenez is 28 years old yet he's found his best years in a new league in a system that suits him..

Its not even about him coming in and scoring straight away. Its us having a striker we can play off, a focal point who, If he cannot score, helps bring others in.

Firmino is 28, never scored more than 15 league goals in the Prem. Are his best days days behind him?
I think they bought him when he was 23/24 so they have certainly got value from him.
We are a club that doesn't have much to spend, so I question whether this signing is a risk worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom