Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dull game, no one in the starting XI played well, no one played really badly. Watford were tidy opponents.

Plus points: Clean sheet, Gedson's cameo, I thought Winks worked really hard in midfield, Gazza's penalty save

Negatives: Tanga isn't a left back. Sonny had another stinker. I had another brilliantly incisive tactical/positional point regarding him but I've forgotten it.

Refereeing decisions. Definitely a penalty against us. Capoue should have been sent off. The handball shout in our favour was 50/50 I'd say. I still don't understand how there can be effectively two laws, one against strikers and one against defenders. Make it simple, hand/arm away from the body = handball. The whole "intentional" thing has always been nonsense. Goal-line technology - good thing, zero complaints. How we all laughed at Liverpool last season vs City, today we got it back.

We need a striker
Actually another positive was Serge Aurier. Worked really hard, defended well, got forward affectively and always seemed to be available. Him and Winks (and Gazza for the penalty save of course) were my Men of the Match, if only for their commitment to the cause

I got on a flight a couple of hours after the game, and dreamt that Son scored from a tight angle. We won 1-0.

So I'm sticking with that. Decent performance, clean sheet and a much needed 3 points.

Coys!

This!!!

Think how long we craved it... And how good it felt when we finally made it back!

I still remember qualifying for the UEFA after the League Cup win and being over the fucking moon. Like properly gassed.

Proper big clubs played in Europe, regular midweek games against exotic opposition.

2 goals in 120 seconds of injury time against Kaiserslautern and its all over IN THE SECOND FUCKING ROUND.

That was proper Spurs. None of this fucking it up in the first five mins of a Champions League final.

Back then Dr Tottenham was writing prescriptions against fucking nobodies.

We are dog poo but there is some hope that we turn a corner at some point. The players have worked hard the last couple of games and there are some signs of changes occuring. Still a lot wrong and I don't think we are good enough for top four, but then again Chelsea lost again today. And that's the thing, Chelsea, and Utd are pretty much just as bad as we are, so whichever club can improve over the coming weeks and months is going to finish fourth. It isn't impossible that it'll be us. Though we do need a target man to stand a chance in my view.

Didn’t lose, could and should have won it but heyho! We’re deffo looking better.
Guess the goal line one is karma for when we won at Old Trafford all them ye... oh no wait!

I have no issues with our teams performance today! Knew it was going to be tough and it was.

VAR just is not consistent at all. How was Capoue not sent off?

It wasn’t a shot it was a bounce off the knee and half tackle that rolled off both players
But now you're talking semantics and not statistics. It was a ball directed by our player toward their goal = shot on goal. Was it the type of shot you would like to have seen? Apparently no but it's still a shot...on goal.

But now you're talking semantics and not statistics. It was a ball directed by our player toward their goal = shot on goal. Was it the type of shot you would like to have seen? Apparently no but it's still a shot...on goal.
The lay touch towards goal was off both who were falling over each other in a scramble.

It wasn’t a shot, I don’t care what the pie chart says.

The lay touch towards goal was off both who were falling over each other in a scramble.

It wasn’t a shot, I don’t care what the pie chart says.
iu

Sammy, the earth is round*. Give in to the facts my man. It was a shot, a lesser shot but a shot nonetheless.

*actually an oblate spheroid but I don't wanna be too precise here. Baby steps with you.

Didn’t lose, could and should have won it but heyho! We’re deffo looking better.

The first two words are true. As for the rest, were we watching the same game? They missed a penalty and I'd struggle to name our Man of the Match.

Better compared to totally abject (as we've been in the last few weeks), clueless and gutless with no-one up front and long balls punted up to 5' 3" Lucas. Their CBs (some lumps called Cathcart and Dawson) had their deck chairs out?

Was Son even on the field?

iu

Sammy, the earth is round*. Give in to the facts my man. It was a shot, a lesser shot but a shot nonetheless.

*actually an oblate spheroid but I don't wanna be too precise here. Baby steps with you.
It wasn’t a shot it was a spin off from a tackle.

If rolled harmlessly wife would you calm it a shot ffs

If rolled harmlessly wife would you calm it a shot ffs
:roseunsure:
Sammy, you're getting less intelligible by the minute. Why is the fact that it's a shot bother you so much? Those are the types of incisive attacks we are bound to see under your boy Mou. Get used to it. the faster you do the less irritated you will become. :pochsmirk:

Refs and FA have ganged up against Spurs as Sky support Woolwich and Tottenham must be stopped by hook or by crook. The commentators are in on it, interpreting dives by the opposition as fouls and not making more of poor refereeing decisions ONLY against Tottenham.

I only wish some Spurs fans wake up on here one day and get behind their team! We know the fake fans on here won't.

Back
Top Bottom