Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Direct net spend is not comparable. Liverpool sold Coutinho for insane money which on its own skewers it. But the point is Klopp got whatever players he wanted and they didn’t only pay the transfer fee but the wages.

We are not as big financially as Liverpool and have had to adopt a very different approach, one that has led to our squad going stale. The stadium is now done and we should be looking at what Liverpool did and understanding how to improve our recruitment.
Yeah it's like if we had sold kane for say 200m & Then spent it all on new players. We could say we have no net spend. Also Liverpool spent about half a billion more on wages than us during poch's era. Normally about 100m a year extra. Wages count too & are a big pull to players, probably more than the team they join in a lot of cases. Liverpool have out muscled us when it comes to wages.

The great majority of that net spend was this summer.

If we continue investing like we did last summer going forward, we can have no complaints about Levy's ambition.
Yes & too little too late. If liverpool owners had held off on the spending until the summer just gone then I don't think they would be doing as well.

So did Levy replace Poch with Mourinho because he knew it would be cheaper than signing players and it would appease the fans?

Don’t understand why you would appoint someone of Mourinho’s stature if you aren’t going to go all out and try to win something. This current squad is simply not good enough. It’s beginning to look like it would have made more sense to keep Poch and use the money to buy more players.

In the last 5 years Liverpool have signed the following players

Naby Keita : £54million

Fabinho: £40million

Alisson: £70million

Andrew Robrtson: £8million

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain; £35million

Virgil Van Dyke: £75million

Georginho Wijnaldum: £35million

Mohammed Salah: £35million

Sadio Mane: £34million

And others.

I get that some of you guys are desperate to show our owners are investing well in our football team but can we please just stop this nonsense that our squad has comparable support to Liverpool's.

Its pretty cringeworthy stuff tbh.

In the last 5 years Liverpool have signed the following players

Naby Keita : £54million

Fabinho: £40million

Alisson: £70million

Andrew Robrtson: £8million

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain; £35million

Virgil Van Dyke: £75million

Georginho Wijnaldum: £35million

Mohammed Salah: £35million

Sadio Mane: £34million

And others.

I get that some of you guys are desperate to show our owners are investing well in our football team but can we please just stop this nonsense that our squad has comparable support to Liverpool's.

Its pretty cringeworthy stuff tbh.
It classic fake news. Proving the adage about there being lies damn lies and statistics is spot on.

if Levy read this thread, I think he’d be contented with a 73.5% approval rating :townhmm:

Then again, he strikes me as someone who doesn’t give a fuck and does what he wants :levystare:
Fair comment. Although it's gradually come down from around 80% a few months ago.
At the current rate I calculate the scales to tip on May24th next year

source.gif

Last 5 years net spend
Spurs £95m
Dippers £109m

A difference of £14m but apparently we don't invest in players.

The new stadium is up and running, the debt has been put into long term so I expect to see us investing our profits on the playing side from now on., without going into debt

Caveat : in the Jan tw it is nearly impossible to buy quality although there are 1 or 2 exceptions
Take out the summer and it looks hugely different.

What's most annoying is after finally giving our best manager in decades a bit of cash in the summer we didnt even give him a chance to implement the new players into the team and brought in the ultimate mercenary.

Back
Top Bottom