January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we are not allowed to register any new ones until they are actually gone. I am unsure on if KWP is still classed as youth or not, which would mean that he is a youth player rather than full on first team (which also applies to Clarke). And I'd assume that the club are not to keen on just unlisting players and being forced to pay wages for people to just hang out at the training center.

It's a numbers game and a bad situation all in all. We need to shift out guys like Wanyama and Eriksen (Clarke is almost definitely going back out on loan, CCV as well if not sold outright but he is homegrown so not a foreign slot).

Vorm is one that we probably could just unregister if Hugo is close to a comeback.
If we change their work description to, janitor. Would that work?

Practically we could. But doing so is not exactly the norm. We'd still have to pay them their weekly guarantees (so around 75 grand a week to Eriksen for doing nothing for example). That would surely be the last resort for the club. Considering how bad the Poch-Janssen relationship seemed for a bit him losing his numbers could also have been a bit of punishment for all we know.

We probably have targets identified but want to/need to shift out Eriksen, Big Vic and such first.
:sonhmm:
Pretty standard then...

If the manager deems them not good enough, I'm happy to see them go.
More chance of success bringing in the players he actually wants.

FFS, they are (almost) all under 20 years old, letting them go on permanent deal would be insane. Guy that needs to go as we already seem to know much more about him, and is much older, is KWP.

FFS, they are (almost) all under 20 years old, letting them go on permanent deal would be insane. Guy that needs to go as we already seem to know much more about him, and is much older, is KWP.
I'd love to see them all stay if the manager thinks they're good enough, or have potential to be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom