January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practically we could. But doing so is not exactly the norm. We'd still have to pay them their weekly guarantees (so around 75 grand a week to Eriksen for doing nothing for example). That would surely be the last resort for the club. Considering how bad the Poch-Janssen relationship seemed for a bit him losing his numbers could also have been a bit of punishment for all we know.

We probably have targets identified but want to/need to shift out Eriksen, Big Vic and such first.
We're already paying Eriksen 75k a week to do nothing. I couldn't care less if we dumped guys like Foyth and Dier out of the squad to make way for a new face. I'm tired of the excuses.

We ARE currently paying for Wanyama, Vorm and KWP to "pay wages for people to just hang out at the training center" . We could just fire first 2 and pay the rest of the wages. Does not matter absolutely anything performance related. They don't play anyways and are even on the bench on very rare occasions.

We can't get rid of Vorm because of the injury to Lloris. If we did and Gazzaniga got injured/sent off, then we'd be relying on Brandon Austin or Alfie Whiteman to come in and play PL minutes.

We can't get rid of Vorm because of the injury to Lloris. If we did and Gazzaniga got injured/sent off, then we'd be relying on Brandon Austin or Alfie Whiteman to come in and play PL minutes.
Vorm is useless. I was delighted to see the back of him. Gazzaniga has also become hot garbage. We'd be better off with some fucker plucked from the stand at the last moment.

I understand that you are trying to explain and don't mean it as arguing for arguing itself.
But there are some half-tones inbetween.

We ARE currently paying for Wanyama, Vorm and KWP to "pay wages for people to just hang out at the training center" . We could just fire first 2 and pay the rest of the wages. Does not matter absolutely anything performance related. They don't play anyways and are even on the bench on very rare occasions.

So we could register new faces when we take them off our squads in respective competitions.
So radical, I agree, but there are ways and options if needed.
or we could just send them out on loan and pay a percentage of their wage>?

Vorm is useless. I was delighted to see the back of him. Gazzaniga has also become hot garbage. We'd be better off with some fucker plucked from the stand at the last moment.

I had virtually no opinion of Vorm because he hardly ever played. Gazzaniga has been fine, he's a backup keeper, so he'll make some mistakes but it could be way worse. I can't imagine playing a youth team player who has never even gone on loan anywhere.

I had virtually no opinion of Vorm because he hardly ever played. Gazzaniga has been fine, he's a backup keeper, so he'll make some mistakes but it could be way worse. I can't imagine playing a youth team player who has never even gone on loan anywhere.
Gazzaniga has become a clusterfuck in the last month. It seemed to begin with the soft one he conceded at Old Trafford. Vorm played too much, IMO. Utterly useless. Always worth a goal to the opposition.

Gazzaniga has become a clusterfuck in the last month. It seemed to begin with the soft one he conceded at Old Trafford. Vorm played too much, IMO. Utterly useless. Always worth a goal to the opposition.

When is Hugo due back?

We need another keeper badly

Why people want Aarons so bad ? is young and not realy set the prem alight so for the future maybe ?
we have other priorities (DM and a DM )
and if some want to gamble with youth at RB why not foyth ? because he made a mistake as a 3 cb ?

Your post neglects to consider the notion of an interested buyer.

Declaring someone as for sale is the only "easy" part of the process.
It was quite well documented at the start of the season as to how hard London clubs are finding it to shift players on. Especially when they have solid contracts in place.

Madrid, Barcelona, Milan all lovely. Rotterdam, Birmingham, Newcastle, Toulouse less so.

Why people want Aarons so bad ? is young and not realy set the prem alight so for the future maybe ?
we have other priorities (DM and a DM )
and if some want to gamble with youth at RB why not foyth ? because he made a mistake as a 3 cb ?
Because he has that go-forward mentality that gets the attention. He can defend and he's young with a lot of potential. Oh, and he won't cost close to 4 million a year in salary (Aurier!)

Your post neglects to consider the notion of an interested buyer.

Declaring someone as for sale is the only "easy" part of the process.
Of course, and there is also the "Levy factor" of pricing to deal with.

But the likes of CCV surely would be desirable at the right price to a lot of clubs, same Wanyama, same KWP.

Players still in their prime faced with the threat of having no football if they stay will be more open to leaving than players hanging round the first team waiting for their chance.

Ulreich has already made it clear that he has no intention of being third choice to Nübel.
Ulreich would be ok, I'm more interested in Fruchtl who will be 4th choice (3rd if Ulreich goes) and stuck long term behind Nubel.

Seems to be a fair few really good keepers in the Bundesliga at present.

Watch on Mute!!

Ulreich would be ok, I'm more interested in Fruchtl who will be 4th choice (3rd if Ulreich goes) and stuck long term behind Nubel.

Seems to be a fair few really good keepers in the Bundesliga at present.

Watch on Mute!!

Lots of good talent there overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom