Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They don't refute it 100% as you claim.

Why are you asking me this? My position has been made clear many times. I don't believe ANY fans made monkey chants, I believe he misheard but I support his right to report it.

This is where I struggle with your argument - a large majority of people now don't believe it happened - yet nobody it seems is prepared to ask Rudiger to retract. Nobody is calling him a liar or denying his right to make accusations however when he's now clearly been shown to have made a mistake, then like all of us who make mistakes and we all do, he should admit to it even if it was made by accident.

Won't happen but with our name being wrongly dragged through the mud it certainly should.

Your grasp of English gone wrong? ... the club are clearly saying no further action ... thus they are rejecting the charges as unproven. They are not saying true or false, but as stated both they and the police have now rejected them as unproven.

Simple question do you believe that more than one Spurs fan made monkey chants at Rudiger?

With words like 'a couple of idiots' and 'offenders' it certainly seems that Rudiger believed there to be multiple people which would surely increase chances of finding culprits far greater right?

Interesting that the only person I can tell has given a witness statement states that he believed it to be an individual:

This is where I struggle with your argument - a large majority of people now don't believe it happened - yet nobody it seems is prepared to ask Rudiger to retract. Nobody is calling him a liar or denying his right to make accusations however when he's now clearly been shown to have made a mistake, then like all of us who make mistakes and we all do, he should admit to it even if it was made by accident.

Won't happen but with our name being wrongly dragged through the mud it certainly should.
Because he believes he heard it, if he believes then he should not retract it. The club and the police have done the correct procedure by supporting the victim. The more people call for Rudiger to apologise and all that kind of stuff, the more it makes us look bad.

The most telling thing I can say about how this has been reported, is that on the Night of the game, when I got home, my Wife* (who knows sod all about football, except that she dislikes it) already knew about the 'incident' as she had heard it on the News. (The ACTUAL, REAL news, not the Sky Sports version)...

This morning however, she wasn't remotely aware of the Police findings results... as the main media news broadcasters had somehow decided NOT to include it as one of the MAIN Headlines at the top of the hour, EVERY hour.
(They seemed more interested in reporting some dead Iranian General's funeral for some reason!)

Point being, whilst Sports news should never get in the way of ACTUAL news ...when it was potentially us being portrayed as RACISTS, it WAS EVERYWHERE... now, no findings apparently = no story!!
Especially when you consider that a Chelsea fan WAS arrested for racist remarks/chanting against Son... (a fact my Wife* also had no knowledge of, as that hadn't been reported on News at Ten at the time either!!)

...just a bit weird, Thass all...

if the accusation was racism against Liverpool fans and the same outcome as this one - no evidence, There would be a media outcry and it would have been everywhere with the media apologising to the scousers and saying 10 hail marys whilst licking Klopps arse
* Blatent "I have a Wife" post!

With words like 'a couple of idiots' and 'offenders' it certainly seems that Rudiger believed there to be multiple people which would surely increase chances of finding culprits far greater right?

Interesting that the only person I can tell has given a witness statement states that he believed it to be an individual:

Forget about John Hall, he's the only person who I do think is lying in all this.

This morning however, she wasn't remotely aware of the Police findings results... as the main media news broadcasters had somehow decided NOT to include it as one of the MAIN Headlines at the top of the hour, EVERY hour.
(They seemed more interested in reporting some dead Iranian General's funeral for some reason!)

* Blatent "I have a Wife" post!
Thats the norm though.
Go back to any celeb being accused of something in the papers, front page headline massive letters.
Months later, the apology is tucked away in an inch long article on page 4.

Back
Top Bottom