FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The reality of this season's that teams like wolves and sheffield United are putting us to shame: hungry and have a good formation even if they don't have so called world class players. They play to their strengths and with intensity and passion

Depends... If the lines are drawn as per a deceptive camera angle then not. As far as I know, that's very much perceived as part of the bigger VAR debate atm. Much like arms and shoulders currently being measured from a skewed perspective against a drawn line at pitch level

I thought that although it looks skewed it was all calibrated to be viewed from the angle of the cameras which negates the skew?

Dier has his left foot in the lighter green strip. Their forward is in the darker shade. Anyway it’s certainly not clear.
I genuinely didn't realise some FA Cup games had V.A.R this weekend, and some didn't...
Surely that can't be right/fair?
It's gotta be all or nothing, surely?
Otherwise it's luck of the draw TWICE, depending on what ground you're playing in?
VAR may well have chalked off their goal... it may not have... but it certainly would've been unfair to go out via a goal that may have been chalked off on another ground!
Fucking glad we equalised now!

I can't wait for the day a players cock bulge is the deciding factor in an offside decision.

Today looked on side to me. Had there been some Norwich, Pukki type VAR call ruling that out, I would have been a bit ashamed.

I genuinely didn't realise some FA Cup games had V.A.R this weekend, and some didn't...
Otherwise it's luck of the draw TWICE, depending on what ground you're playing in?
VAR may well have chalked off their goal... it may not have... but it certainly would've been unfair to go out via a goal that may have been chalked off on another ground!
I think they have VAR at home games for EPL teams but nowhere else. It does seem not right, either every game has it or none.

Man City squeakd through last year on an offsides goal that would have been disallowed by VAR but it was at Swansea so no VAR.

yes you, you said the passing didn’t amount to much. I agree, but that doesn’t mean it’s pointless, sometimes it gets squandered and sometimes the opposition just don’t come out, open up and make it easy.

Search my post for the word "pointless" (that you've cited as a direct quote TWICE now).

It's not there.... You're misrepresenting what I've said.

"...Cos passing alone doesn't amount to much; neither does possession without meaningful penetration.

Add to that the caliber of opposition and I think it's obvious where opinions of "wank" come from."

(Possession at the very least means the oppo can't attack, so by definition can't be "pointless"....)

What a sad reality that our first team can't even get a result away at a championship side. No excuses with our lineup, just poor yet again. Frustrating to say the least.

Still don't think we dominated...we controlled pointless areas of the pitch and didn't dominate anything tbh

I don’t think that’s completely fair (although I do get your drift).

We actually controlled the midfield. I honestly can’t remember the last time we did that. Yes, it was a champo side, but we had something resembling a defence that passed the ball through midfield, and then on to the attack.

Our problem was that they recognised this, sat deep and our forwards squandered most opportunities.

Giving up those pointless areas would have seen a much more even game with them launching far more long balls at us and putting us under pressure.

We did ok.

I thought that although it looks skewed it was all calibrated to be viewed from the angle of the cameras which negates the skew?

Certainly not the arm/shoulders thing.... They measure them as per a line being perpendicular to the view from the floor. Saw some interesting debate on the matter a few days back... Can't remember where tho', sorry.

I read that Championship grounds aren’t set up for it.

I don’t think that’s completely fair (although I do get your drift).

We actually controlled the midfield. I honestly can’t remember the last time we did that. Yes, it was a champo side, but we had something resembling a defence that passed the ball through midfield, and then on to the attack.

Our problem was that the recognised this, sat deep and our forwards squandered most opportunities.

Giving up those pointless areas would have seen a much more even game with them launching far more long balls at us and putting us under pressure.

We did ok.

Really?

This performance from Poch, the late AVB or Redknapp and supporters would be singing for them to get sacked.

IMHO it was a shocking performance in regards of concentration (marking, doing the simple things right), fitness and sharpness.

Absolute Gobshite from José.

He could have, like, played the 18yo highly rated international striker on our bench and taken off Dele fucking Alli, who would rather design baseball caps or rock up a nightclub than play a game of football.
Even beside that, it's a ignorant quote of the highest order. Middlesbrough would sign every single one of the players we fielded if it were possible for them, and every single one of them would waltz into Boro's first team. We should win that match 10/10 times - the players and the manager failed, and it's not because Harry fucking Kane wasn't there to save us. We aren't the "Harry Kane team". Cunt quote from Jose.

Back
Top Bottom