Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't get people slagging the guy off for being hurt. He doesn't want to be hurt. He's dealing with a groin injury which are notoriously finnicky.

He said last week that he didn't feel comfortable with it, he got called out for, decided to play then and played until he aggregavated the injury again.

He's absolute class when he's out there, just let him get healthy.
Why let him get healthy when we can just hurry him up and get him injured!! Stupid cunts.

Shame, when he has played he has looked like our best player by a mile. Apart from Kane, he will be the most important player in the team if he can stay fit.

So, I was right to be concerned about his size with regards to getting injured. So far anyway.
He needs a few weeks away from the pitch now and with the club's help he needs to work on his conditioning and get fit for Premier League football. It has been a shambles so far.

I’m getting to the point where I hope we sell him and get someone who can play. He’s incredibly talented and I hope he gets over this injury bug, but if he can only play two games on the trot then he’s not worth it

Remember he's been having this problem for months now.

Agreed it's sounding like a long term problem which might need an op.

Almost certainly caused by Poch's overkill training on a player just not used to that kind of regime - and Mourhino is probably reacting against the inherited oroblem and hence his unsympathetic remarks. Bit of a body blow for a star new arrival to be injured so soon and so needlessly

Slightly off topic QPR fans are raving about Luke Amos performances now he has regained fitness. Now aged 23 and whilst not top class he'd probably do a better job than half of more of our current midfirld options. On loan at QPR for a year but depending on how the transfer window goes I'd almost like to break the loan - but that would probably also scuttle any chance of Eze arriving.

He is a brilliant player by the way. Just hope whatever the issue is gets sorted because he’s fantastic to watch. Just need someone solid who can also play, and is mobile l, and is a leader and will come to us for free on a fiver a week, next to him.

So it looks like Ndombele was right to be cautious about his injury, our physios should have backed him on this.

since november dembeles starts

date team minutes played
3rd nov everton 73 min
6th nov crvena whole game
9th nov shf utd 45 min
23rd nov west ham did not feature
26th nov olympiakoas 7 min
30th bournemouth 74 min
4th dec man u 20 min
7th dec burnley did not feature
11th dec bayern did not feature
15th dec wolves did not feature
22nd dec chelsea came on for last 16 min
26th dec brighton did not feature
28th dec norwich whole game

1st jan 2020 5 or minutes

Fail to see how you can blame the psyhios or mourinho the guy has only played 20 minutes at the start of december, followed by 16min on the 22nd, then the Norwich game.

since november dembeles starts

date team minutes played
3rd nov everton 73 min
6th nov crvena whole game
9th nov shf utd 45 min
23rd nov west ham did not feature
26th nov olympiakoas 7 min
30th bournemouth 74 min
4th dec man u 20 min
7th dec burnley did not feature
11th dec bayern did not feature
15th dec wolves did not feature
22nd dec chelsea came on for last 16 min
26th dec brighton did not feature
28th dec norwich whole game

1st jan 2020 5 or minutes

Fail to see how you can blame the psyhios or mourinho the guy has only played 20 minutes at the start of december, followed by 16min on the 22nd, then the Norwich game.
Right, so in the Brighton game he didn't feature because he didn't feel really he was ready he was worried about his muscle injury. He was under some pressure to play against Norwich and he played now he's injured again, it is the physios job to monitor the player and get him ready, so it seems against Brighton he/they said he was ready but Ndombele wasn't. It was made to look like he was imagining things but that clearly wasn't the case.

So, I was right to be concerned about his size with regards to getting injured. So far anyway.
He needs a few weeks away from the pitch now and with the club's help he needs to work on his conditioning and get fit for Premier League football. It has been a shambles so far.

Shambles indeed.

If he now needs a month away from the first team to work on his 'conditioning', I struggle to understand what he's been doing since we purchased him six months ago!

He's shown in flashes what he's capable of, but he needs to show this consistently over a run of several games.

We really need him for the Leipzig games in mid February.

I just hope we've not purchased another Lamela.

Shambles indeed.

If he now needs a month away from the first team to work on his 'conditioning', I struggle to understand what he's been doing since we purchased him six months ago!

He's shown in flashes what he's capable of, but he needs to show this consistently over a run of several games.

We really need him for the Leipzig games in mid February.

I just hope we've not purchased another Lamela.

pathetic isn’t it? A very well remunerated professional footballer with all the help, encouragement, conditioning, good nutrition, coaching not to forget genetics can’t keep himself out of McDonalds (or wherever he has been going to pile on the timber).

Even more damning for the club - supposedly carrying out state of the art due diligence - to have not picked up in this before laying out £60m!!

pathetic isn’t it? A very well remunerated professional footballer with all the help, encouragement, conditioning, good nutrition, coaching not to forget genetics can’t keep himself out of McDonalds (or wherever he has been going to pile on the timber).

Even more damning for the club - supposedly carrying out state of the art due diligence - to have not picked up in this before laying out £60m!!

He passed a medical. I think he was massively naive to think he could waltz PL games like he was playing against Nimes

He passed a medical. I think he was massively naive to think he could waltz PL games like he was playing against Nimes
I'm not sure I agree. He's been here for six months and can't seem to play three games in a row. We're either very unlucky (Lamela?), our training regime is exposing flaws in his anatomy or our medics are incompetent.

Tielemans played against that very same Nimes team and he seems to be doing rather well.

Agreed it's sounding like a long term problem which might need an op.

Almost certainly caused by Poch's overkill training on a player just not used to that kind of regime - and Mourhino is probably reacting against the inherited oroblem and hence his unsympathetic remarks. Bit of a body blow for a star new arrival to be injured so soon and so needlessly

Slightly off topic QPR fans are raving about Luke Amos performances now he has regained fitness. Now aged 23 and whilst not top class he'd probably do a better job than half of more of our current midfirld options. On loan at QPR for a year but depending on how the transfer window goes I'd almost like to break the loan - but that would probably also scuttle any chance of Eze arriving.
Jose shouldn't have played him. End of.

Back
Top Bottom