Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stop laying it all at his doorstep. There are cloggers all around this team. There is so little actual quality. He certainly is contributing to (or not aiding) the difficulty though. There is such a dearth of technical ability in this team it's scary. That's not Sissoko's fault. Nor is constructing a team where he (or Winks) was to be relied upon in the first XI.

And to think that the higher ups and many on this board thought that a dollop of Dybala was the cure.

Wind yourself in oh great defender of the unit. I didn’t say it was all his fault. I’ve criticised plenty of others. But I was specifically responding to the poster ludicrously claiming this game proved the value of Sissoko in particular.

Last edited:
Guido is a Chelsea fan on here stirring up anti-José feeling.

A fan is, when things are not going well you get behind and support the team - yes have a moan, but don't get carried away. Joséis here and has already done better than Poch so FA got even worse reffing to stop Tottenham.

Chelsea & Woolwich do not get this level of refereeing against them. Tammy Ambraham dives and gets free kicks. Guendouzi dives at the drop of a hat and gets loads of free kicks (and a couple of pens this season). If real Tottenham fans don't see this then they cannot be real Spurs fans. And to want José out for WHAT??? He wants maybe Sean Dyke? What does Guido want instead of José Mourinho (btw Mourinho hasn't even had a full season).
this is not in reference to Guido in particular. This is in reference to the method of defending your position, Purity Testing. It's bullshit and you are a scoundrel for using it.

No true Scotsman - Wikipedia

What about the work others have to do to cover his incompetence? His lack of willing to show for the ball, his piss poor technical capabilities, his shoddy defensive work?

Whoever plays next to him in midfield has to cover his arse and get through more ball. And those around him suffer because they don’t get the service.

And the whole “covering Aurier” is bullshit. I’m not a huge fan of Aurier’s but he gets up and down as well as any RB, and it’s not like Sissoko is having to do anything most other CM’s have to do, he just does it shitter than most others.

Southampton had 5 times the x/g today with Sissoko than Norwich had against us without Sissoko.
Agreed he has deficiencies, but his strength is his attempted ‘fire-fighting’. Poch and Jose rate him - he’s had a hideous job having to replace Dembele firstly, and then also Dier / Wanyama - no CDM or holding mid has been brought in. Probably the issue is - both -Sissoko and whoever is with him are not fit for the roles they’ve been given.

However, the solution might be - I dunno - Winks and Skipp; N’Dombele and Sissoko; Sissoko and GLC (only kidding).

The issue is - and has been since Jan - replacing Dembele’s dominance and the injury to Dier. We also now have the added issues with RB being unsettled with the loss of Trippier and the further decline or Rose and absence of Davies as cover. This invites pressure onto CBs from all over and you have Sissoko + 1 caught betwixt and between not really clear to push on or fall back. He’s not built for the role, but Poch and Jose rate him above the others, so read into that what you will...

Today is a fcuking low point.
I hope you aren't hanging your hat on this as an expectation going forward and it's merely an assessment of the season thus far. As I expect it's going to get much worse fairly quickly. Boro will be up for it and I expect a hiding against Pool.

I can't imagine what it would be like to think the worst is behind us and have to face even bigger disappointments on a weekly basis. Must be absolutely devastating and soul crushing. RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK can you help out here?

Within a few games we'll probably not be in the top 6, partly due to Lucas. He's terrible, did he manage to pass the ball once today to a Spurs player m
No- he was dreadful! Seems to be getting worse with each game.

I know why Jose persists with him - but he’s clearly better as a sub when legs are tiring or we need to be more direct. Lamela from the start of he can manage 90 for me. At least he has some guile.

giphy.gif

No- he was dreadful! Seems to be getting worse with each game.

I know why Jose persists with him - but he’s clearly better as a sub when legs are tiring or we need to be more direct. Lamela from the start of he can manage 90 for me. At least he has some guile.

I’ve defended Lucas before but the lad can’t control the ball.

It’s like magnetic resistance.

Shut it, Sheldon. Or I will be forced to recall the details of our chat on the evening of the CL Final.
Oooo you saucy minx. Before or after the game? Just wanna know if it's about me struggling to watch it or wanting everyone gone. By any chance are you Bobby Maddley's friend?

Err... yes they do.

As for being brainwashed by Lineker and co! Are you being serious?
It wasn't Lineker who is a Spurs guy. It was Jenas and Champion who were dismissing penalty appeals and sounded like a Southampton fan club.

Watch Woolwich now and tell me if Spurs get the refereeing they do, mike01666.

Oooo you saucy minx. Before or after the game? Just wanna know if it's about me struggling to watch it or wanting everyone gone. By any chance are you Bobby Maddley's friend?
I could accidentally remember lots of juicy things you said before the game and over the summer. And the last few months of last season. And the first couple of months of this season.

I could accidentally remember lots of juicy things you said before the game and over the summer. And the last few months of last season. And the first couple of months of this season.
And revealing things passed in private would make you not look like a cunt, how?:pochunimpressed:

And I've not made it secret that I would have been happy for most players to be out the door. I recognized seasons ago what they were as players. No biggie. Now many are starting to see for themselves. I'm not ashamed of my positions...I was fucking right. I just didn't want to deal with the 'masses' real fanz who hadn't recognized nor the 1 or 2 psycho stalkers I have around here. So suck it Five. You got your Spurs back (that is an accurate paraphrasing of what you said in public right?).:pochlol:

If you look at the 4 so-called fouls, one was asking for a booking for them, the other three were dives by Southampton. Watch the game again if you don't want to believe me.
Dean booked 20 players AND Mourinho. You don't book a manager lightly so he went out of his way there.

What I don't get is Spurs fans defending Mike Dean (again) against Tottenham.

You are one of the strangest cats on here. I've never seen anyone obsess over imagined signs of various referee/media/FA conspiracies against Spurs like your post history suggests you do.

Back
Top Bottom