Southampton Vs Tottenham - 3pm New Year's Day.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know what I watched today but it was 90 minutes I won't get back. The players should be disgusted. They look like they don't know each other it was like a park team. How people rave about Ali I don't know he gives the ball away that much and throws his hands in the air like a kid and has no pace whatsoever. We have been a poor side now for so long. Really needs a clear out at the club

What about 2 penalties not given to Tottenham or you just listen to Jenas and believe him, not your eyes??!
The Southampton one was blasted at Aldi so clearly no penalty- even crap Anthony Taylor couldn't give it.
So now you explain how Spurs got 4 bookings with only 7 "fouls", while Saints got 3 bookings making 20 genuine fouls?? If you watch the game again you will see Spurs "fouls" weren't even fouls.
Your unflagging support has lifted my spirits

He has a place in a decent team (but I do understand your disdain for him, btw), but can't spend all his time covering for the incompetencies of others. If you do the basic stuff right (like pass to your own players, for example, rather than try to dribble it through five opposition players like GLC, N'Dombele, Alli etcetera) then the team as a whole works. As it is, Moussa is having to cover Aurier or the space left by GLC and so on...

However, I'm happy to concede that he maybe doesn't have a place in a different-shaped Spurs team built in a different way. In Jose's team to come - he probably does. Sorry: he's a Mourinho-type-of-player.

He was clearly our best player in a shitshow

I think that is possibly the worst passing performance I have ever seen from a Spurs team.
Coupled with the total lack of effort and commitment that most of them showed this has truly been one awful start to the year.
I fear for us in the upcoming cup game
If the odds are long on 'boro, shamefully it's worth a pop.😥

Last edited:
What about 2 penalties not given to Tottenham or you just listen to Jenas and believe him, not your eyes??!
The Southampton one was blasted at Aldi so clearly no penalty- even crap Anthony Taylor couldn't give it.
So now you explain how Spurs got 4 bookings with only 7 "fouls", while Saints got 3 bookings making 20 genuine fouls?? If you watch the game again you will see Spurs "fouls" weren't even fouls.
I say again. Yellows are not handed out for numbers of fouls but for their severity e.g. shirt pulling when the player is past you.

It's simple why we didn't get those penalties, it's because they weren't penalties. Even Dele conceded to the goalkeeper that it wasn't.

I understand your wish (as mine) for our team to win, however you need to keep a sense of rationality.

It wasn't the officials, the ground, the weather, Jenas or the shape of the ball that caused us to lose, but us - our ineptitude, players to select from, off-form players chosen, inability to pass to someone in a blue shirt, tactics, our desire to win 50/50 ball and the second ball, dead ball kicks, corners, awful transfers etc etc.

It's clear as day. What the answer is - well I'm not paid £10m a year to answer that.

I think you need to take off your rose tinted spectacles.

The mentioned players would get into Brighton, Burnley or Wham squads but few others. Definitely not, Scousers, Leicester, Wolves, Man City, Chelsea.
I'd be surprised if they didn't. But we'll have to disagree on this one. An adequate player in a great squad can be made to look much better - that's why 'amazing' league players get found out at international level all the time (I'm thinking the England defensive line in particular here!), or if they move to a better team that's struggling in that particular position (I'm looking at you, Harry Maguire!) because their individual weaknesses get found out.

There's little guarantee that a player who's good / bad for one team will be equally good / bad for another. Sadly for us it's the sum of the parts.

Guido is a Chelsea fan on here stirring up anti-José feeling.

A fan is, when things are not going well you get behind and support the team - yes have a moan, but don't get carried away. Joséis here and has already done better than Poch so FA got even worse reffing to stop Tottenham.

Chelsea & Woolwich do not get this level of refereeing against them. Tammy Ambraham dives and gets free kicks. Guendouzi dives at the drop of a hat and gets loads of free kicks (and a couple of pens this season). If real Tottenham fans don't see this then they cannot be real Spurs fans. And to want José out for WHAT??? He wants maybe Sean Dyke? What does Guido want instead of José Mourinho (btw Mourinho hasn't even had a full season).

Just throw out all the kids the next few games. If we are going to lose, maybe we will at least see a little passion and effort.

Agree but at least Coco had a bit of passion when he came on

Most of them should be ashamed of themselves

Our great fans deserve so much better

Sammyspurs nailed it to some extent but was talking of the Mourinho magic as was I when he arrived.

Everything needs to change and if Mourinho is to succeed he needs to say it publicly.

He needs to say the players have been allowed to believe coming second best was good enough. That some players have lost their edge and tjat some of our players are inherently flawed.

He can talk all day long that he wanted then when he was the manager of other clubs but they would have joined clubs with winners alongside them who would have forced them to adapt for the better.

There is no such model.

Today is a fcuking low point.

Agreed tomo. From memory I think it was about half the forum thinking it was poch's fault & the other half admitting our players aren't good enough. To be fair its much nicer to believe we have a very good team & just a bad manager. Rather than we need a massive overhaul of the team. Penny still not dropped with levy yet though , which is the big worry.
You surely can't believe Levy doesn't know......my dog knows. He's just a cheap tight fisted c*** who doesn't give a shit. IMO, he is the sole reason we find ourselves in this state.

Back
Top Bottom