Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp won't get much game time under Mourinho this season, we probably should send him on loan next month.

I can only assume they've decided he's not physically ready for the PL yet.

As you say, if they're not going to play him, loan him out. Seems odd though - someone who plays in the exact position we need. Looked good in the little cameo against Bayern.

I find him OK because he's not an objectional cunt like some on here. Overall when I've engaged him he's been polite, which goes down well with me.

But it would be good to see him putting his own balls on the line with a meaningful post containing some objectivity about a player, manager, Tottenham other than trying to pick fights with very specific posters. Sure he goes to sleep thinking about me a paddy spur paddy spur whenever he sees a picture of Dele.
Back at ya on the bold. But don't listen to my friend Joe. He follows me around everywhere even though i don't engage other than to wish him a good evening. But it's good to know that when I come to London he's got a place for me rent free.

I've tagged you and Paddy directly because it is the immediate game after our convo in the player thread where your 'implored' me to watch him. It would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise. And in time you will admit/see/come to realize that I am the one being objective about the player and what he truly brings. We need more that he can't provide.

And tag me on the 10th England cap not the next one.

Last edited:
I'll agree its use is contentious but advanced metrics in football can't be that pointless because all clubs use them heavily now.

Im open minded enough to take on board information from stats and my own eyes. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Against Brighton , they had a higher xG than us. I think ours was under 1 goal. Makes no sense as we had so many other chances to score from too.

So £15million per year gets you a bloke unable or unwilling to integrate a player into the team simply because he's too young?

Mate get Pochs dick out of your mouth. The way he coached has left so many problems and such a weak mentality of a team that it takes a bit to overcome. Poch was weak mentally and that’s made the majority of the players the same.

also Skipp isn’t any good. He’s winks but with no skill whatsoever.

Mate get Pochs dick out of your mouth. The way he coached has left so many problems and such a weak mentality of a team that it takes a bit to overcome. Poch was weak mentality and that’s made the majority of the players the same.
Says the poster deep throating the "Once was Special one".

I'll let you answer my above post in a sensible and rational way before I can be arsed.

Back at ya on the bold. But don't listen to my friend Joe. He follows me around everywhere even though i don't engage other than to wish him a good evening. But it's good to know that when I come to London he's got a place for me rent free.

I've tagged you and Paddy directly because it is the immediate game after our convo in the player thread where your 'implored' me to watch him. It would be disingenuous to suggest otherwise. And in time you will admit/see/come to realize that I am the one being objective about the player and what he truly brings. We need more that he can't provide.

And tag me on the 10th England cap not the next one.
You haven't rewatched him though have you? This was a different game, just 48hrs after the previous one, so there is context. I don't think he was great but equally, without him, we wouldn't have drawn that game.

You did say he was done, never to play again, so excuse me when I tag you on his next game, you just know there will be another one, your response shows that you know it too.

Now back home. Thoughts :

N'Dombele is by far and away our best CM, but we knew that. MUST play every game if fit.
Foyth looked out of his comfort zone (lack of playing time?)
Why change formation for this game?
Without Son and Moura we had no outlet - the fullbacks were supposed to provide that and didnt
Aurier was dogshit
Too much sideways tippy tappy shit again

Build up so slow.. quality of cross from wide areas fucking abymssal. Defending like watching my boys under 8 team. Lack of intensity.. list goes on and on.. We are seriously wasting the talents of a world class forward in Kane, fucking criminal.. there is definitely a player in Ndombele, has vision and touch and drops his shoulder superbly at times.. just need a nasty bastard beside him..

I actually think that was one of our better performances this season. Sure we've thrashed a few teams 4-0 and 5-0, but this was one of the first times we were able to wrestle control of a game and dominate for extended periods in a tough environment.

We were just undone by an individual error and a comedy own goal.

Dele attitude is beyond embarrassing for a player with footballing ability not better than Lingard.

An average player at best that wouldn't look out of place at any bottom 10 PL team.
I'd have Deli Any day. He was limping down the tunnel 48hrs ago. Today he played a full 90min. That's the Special Ones call. I would have subbed Deli after the first half. It was clear he isnt on form. Lamela would have been a way better option. I agree, instead of the flicks he should've tried something other than the flicks, but when you cant stretch, you cant stretch. We need a mindset change from Mourinho. We cant play Aurier anymore. When he is right back, the CDM spends most covering him. Thus Sissoko seems poor. As a winger he cant cross for shit. He serves no purpose other than to give away free kicks or loose the ball at critical times.

I actually think that was one of our better performances this season. Sure we've thrashed a few teams 4-0 and 5-0, but this was one of the first times we were able to wrestle control of a game and dominate for extended periods in a tough environment.

We were just undone by an individual error and a comedy own goal.
Blimey page 90 and finally somebody saw the same game I did, with a lot of changes several forced we dominated the possession 60-40 we had 15 shots to their 5 and if it wasn't for a couple of moments of madness we would have won comfortably ...

Of course we didn't and that's the reality, but a run out for Eriksen, Foyth, Nodombele, LoCelso and Sessegnon are very much a positive.

Funny how everyone sees the weak links differently.

Me, I thought that Jan and Toby looked like they had never played together before. Thought Sess was poor too

Sess was poor going forward didn't take Aaron's on once I can remember some nice passes but no decent crosses.

Weak links for me first half was everyone, but the back three and Eriksen and Ali stood out as stinkers.

Full 90 Aurier was a joke, Ali was very poor again, and Sess was scared to take anyone on in offense. Moura despite a couple good runs was also really poor.

Ndombele was immense and only really him Lo Celso (some nice fast passing good tracking back and runs) and Sanchez stood out to me. Everyone else not mentioned was just average

Last edited:
Blimey page 90 and finally somebody saw the same game I did, with a lot of changes several forced we dominated the possession 60-40 we had 15 shots to their 5 and if it wasn't for a couple of moments of madness we would have won comfortably ...

Of course we didn't and that's the reality, but a run out for Eriksen, Foyth, Nodombele, LoCelso and Sessegnon are very much a positive.

Second half I would agree first half was a joke however we created nothing and was lucky not to be 2-0 down.

Second half team and formation is how we should approach the rest of the season just swap Ali for Lo Celso at CAM, a new RB and a proper DM next to Ndombele for the outgoing Eriksen

Back
Top Bottom