Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve had that injury Ash, and if that is the case why is he even playing at all?
He probably felt like he had to play, and it isn't easy to sit yourself out of games in my opinion. You want to play every match possible and if you think the team needs you, and you're trying to impress the new manager you'll probably do your best to get up for each game. Kind of respect the fact that he's taken himself out of the team, even if it is hugely detrimental to us given how good he is.

Tough one here with all these suspensions. Norwhich has been out of forum but I’ve seen them play well earlier in the season. Think our back four stays the same, the real question is the midfield. I doubt Lamela starts after being out so long. If Ndombele’s head is right it may be him but I think we’ll see Erickson start honestly. Maybe Lo Celso rotates in for Lucas? Also will greatly depend on how others are feeling after so many games recently.

Aurier— Sanchez— Toby—Jan
Dier—-Erickson
Lucas—-Dele——-Sessegnon
Kane

Might be a perfect game to have Parrott on the bench. If we have a 2 or preferably 3 goal lead with 30 minutes left, it would be great to have a replacement for Kane. He looked outfucked at the end of the Brighton game

Last edited:
I got Sky Sports shortly in the New Year 2019. Then our league form declined. I don't have BT hence we continued doing well in the CL. The CL final was free on YouTube and I have that app on my TV. At the end of the season I cancelled Sky.
Had sky for years but signed up to BT in October and we lost to Bayen and Brighton in the first week.

And he’s entitled to be. You want footballers who are willing to play through minor niggles.

Why would we want a player who is valuable to us - footballing and financially - who has ability none of our other midfielders have - who can hopefully be vital to us improving as a team - to risk long term absence to play one one game.

This isn't the seventies any more. You don't want 60m in fee and 7m per annum in wages spunked up the wall for months on end because your manager forces a player to play through a "niggle".

I’ve had that injury Ash, and if that is the case why is he even playing at all?

Bingo. Maybe this is what he was saying to Mourinho. It ain't right, I don't want it to get worse etc

I've had this injury too. I played with it for months, I found adrenalin and heat meant I could get through games with it no problem for a while, until I ended up fucking it good a proper and couldn't play for about two or three months, and even then it never went properly until I stopped playing completely for a few years.

Gazzaniga
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Ndombele - Foyth - Lo Celso - Sessegnon
Dele
Kane
Must admit, I'd LOVE to see something like that where perhaps in attack we see Foyth drop back, Vertonghen move to left back and Sessegnon attack

But maybe Norwich isn't a game to experiment.

Why would we want a player who is valuable to us - footballing and financially - who has ability none of our other midfielders have - who can hopefully be vital to us improving as a team - to risk long term absence to play one one game.

This isn't the seventies any more. You don't want 60m in fee and 7m per annum in wages spunked up the wall for months on end because your manager forces a player to play through a "niggle".

Bingo. Maybe this is what he was saying to Mourinho. It ain't right, I don't want it to get worse etc

I've had this injury too. I played with it for months, I found adrenalin and heat meant I could get through games with it no problem for a while, until I ended up fucking it good a proper and couldn't play for about two or three months, and even then it never went properly until I stopped playing completely for a few years.

My comments were in response to the medical team saying they couldn’t find anything wrong with him. As others have pointed out he warmed up with the team and also the post-match warm down, so he’s clearly not crocked. Nobody is forcing him to play, but he’s only an asset if he’s contributing on the pitch. I get what you’re saying, I really do, but it’s not unreasonable for fans to question his attitude. We all want to see a fit and firing Ndombele as a regular starter contributing to, hopefully, our late charge to the title.

Yes, it’s late. Happy New Year to you BC.

Back
Top Bottom