Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you think Rudiger just fabricated this entirely off his own bat while they were winning 2-0 just for a laugh? come on mate.....

I don’t think he was subjected to racist abuse. I could be wrong but video evidence would prove that. We hate Chelski but why would our fans resort to racism?? Much more likely that some fans were screaming abuse at him which he misheard or chose to attribute to racism. I remember the woolwich fan TV presenter claiming he’d been radically abuses (claiming he heard ‘monkey chants Ou ou ou’ when Spurs fans were chanting ‘who let the Spurs out’

Someone behind us shouted racist remarks, earlier this season. I didn't see who it was. My daughter got pretty upset and said we should do something about it. I didn't want to cause a row, so I fobbed her off, but I felt like a total cunt afterwards - and I still do. If it happens again I'll do the right thing. I reckon nobody said or did anything - not even the people directly near him.

Wow, im surprised and disappointed. One of the reasons why I’m proud of our club is our traditional of not being racist. What did the idiot say?

We deserved to lose by multiple goals to nil.

Pains me to even discuss it - but there were things from today's performance which were worryingly similar to that spineless performance we put in at Old Trafford recently.

We rarely put in good performances against teams of a 'higher' status in the league now.

City was terrible. Deserved to lose 4-0 but took our point.
Woolwich we threw away a 2-0 to end up 2-2, against a shit Woolwich side.
Leicester beat us at their place 2-1 I think
Liverpool breezed past us
United, terrible team in terrible form manage to beat us with shit results either side of us.
Chelsea in shit form with a bunch of kids made our stadium more like their home ground.

The only positive is that all of those games were away (I think?) except Chelsea.

Worrying thing is I expect all those teams above will be looking to come to our new stadium to pick up 3 points, with about as much resistance as we showed today.

So thoroughly and bitterly disappointed.

Sadly, it makes a mockery of To Dare Is To Do, how we consistently fail to rise to the occasion when we really need to. Even with Jose, we’ve completely no-showed in the 2 highest profile matches thus far, almost as if we have a mental condition with these high stakes, high pressure situations. I’m not writing Jose off yet, as I think he needs an opportunity to make some changes to a mess of a squad with clear gaping holes and ill-fitting pieces, but it is indeed thoroughly disappointing.

I was depressed when I saw Anthony Taylor would be the ref, and Paul Tierney on VAR, both highly controversial officials and have history against Tottenham. Taylor has now given 3 penalties in the last 3 Spurs games he's reffed.

I believe the players were equally depressed by that appointment and Chelsea were lifted morally by that news and were up for it. Not many home teams get a red card and a penalty in the same match against them regardless of how ineptly Tottenham played.

They cheated end of.

I was depressed when I saw Anthony Taylor would be the ref, and Paul Tierney on VAR, both highly controversial officials and have history against Tottenham. Taylor has now given 3 penalties in the last 3 Spurs games he's reffed.

I believe the players were equally depressed by that appointment and Chelsea were lifted morally by that news and were up for it. Not many home teams get a red card and a penalty in the same match against them regardless of how ineptly Tottenham played.

They cheated end of.

Especially when Taylor’s first reaction was to give a free kick in our favour

Still stupid from Gazza and Son though

They cheated end of.
So it wasn't a penalty? It wasn't a red card? They were both as clear as daylight.

It's Scouse-level deluded to think otherwise

So it wasn't a penalty? It wasn't a red card? They were both as clear as daylight.

It's Scouse-level deluded to think otherwise
It was a penalty however the red card was debatable ... we've all seen worse go unpunished - if you red carded everyone who flicked out in reaction you'd end up five-a-side ...

Why wasn't Rudiger booked for simulation? VAR clearly shows the flick by Sonny not connecting firmly? Wasn't that "clear as daylight" as well

Not defending Son it was dumb, or the performance overall that was just not good enough ... but clear as day red card? maybe in the world of fairies and pampered cheats but not in the real world ....

It was a penalty however the red card was debatable ... we've all seen worse go unpunished - if you red carded everyone who flicked out in reaction you'd end up five-a-side ...

Why wasn't Rudiger booked for simulation? VAR clearly shows the flick by Sonny not connecting firmly? Wasn't that "clear as daylight" as well

Not defending Son it was dumb, or the performance overall that was just not good enough ... but clear as day red card? maybe in the world of fairies and pampered cheats but not in the real world ....
He retaliated, that's a straight red card, always has been. Did Rudiger exaggerate, yes like pretty much every player does in such a situation, ours included. But however you try to dress it up, Son petulantly kicked out and made contact, it's as clear a red card as you'll see

Looks like the racists are crawling out from under their stones tonight, to pretend there's no such thing.

No mate, no one knows what was said. Problem is when you don't have evidence you just have subjective probability.

I've never seen any racism at Tottenham, whilst travelling through London to games, I've never seen any racism. Rudiger went down very over-dramatically after Sons (admittedly silly) kick out and Rudiger was the only player to hear abuse. 4hrs after the game has finished, not one person has posted they heard it.

Do you see why it's being questioned? Are we supposed to sit hear and believe everything we are told? Is that what you do?

Back
Top Bottom