Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A crumb of evidence please.

OGC.21c0e8dc0259f94a7aae44817bd24b1d

I can only speak from my own experience, and it was never a thing in the groups I was in, maybe it was the E but I never saw it. And I was in groups of friends of all races.
Could be a bit of rose tinted memory glasses but I can only say it how I remember it.

Its everywhere now, You got Stormzy saying the country is 100% racist because we voted for the Tories, you get remainers saying that Brexiteers did it for racist reasons, and now we've got it at the football every week.

So for my own experience its a much bigger deal now than it was then. Maybe your own experience was different.

Hardly baseless or un-measured

For "un-measured"... read: How have you calibrated your comparrison???

...Have you? ...Can you even? .....I suspect not.

Evidently it's not about my exclusive experience otherwise I wouldn't have been able to so easily post prevalent symbols of that era's protest culture. Not that I was saying there was less or more racism now anyway (then again, as per above you are inadvertantly suggesting that you "experience" more prejudice and inequality now which is somewhat contradictory to your initial prevailing grumble).... I'm merely shooting down your claim that there was less of a concern about such things back then.

1960's >>> 1990's >>> 2020's (incoming) = Coincidence? .....Or 30 year (generational) cycle?

A discussion for another thread I'd suggest.... Probably best brush up on the relative social history & protest culture timelines first tho' rather than merely trying to peer through the haze of ecstasy past.

Last edited:
Agreed, and this is in a nutshell is the problem.

People going ham and condemning people with absolutely zero evidence, its worrying.

He was judge, jury and executioner for our entire fan base, he is supposed to be a football commentator

This is the problem with football fans though, tribalism overrules logic. if it was at the bridge and say Dav Sanchez accused a chelsea fan of racism would you be so outraged at this accusation until there was proof and evidence or would you just assume it was true and call all chelsea fans scum? honestly?

Well that was fucking awful-start to finish. It’s been said many times by many people but until we have a midfield two that can pass the ball and defend we are going to lose games regularly.
N’Dombele just has to stay fit and start games for us to improve.

feel sorry for my son-first game in ages and another shite display, every game he goes to we seem to be awful lol

Worst of all to cap the day off after spending an hour getting a name and number on a fucking jersey pre game, my mood was not improved towards the end of the game either when one of our own fans pushed my 13 year old son for standing up to let someone past him in the 96th minute in our seats. To my surprise when I grabbed his arm and turned round cunting him off he was a 60year old man. I would have battered a younger man for that-I just nearly gave him a heart attack instead - absolute cunt putting his hand on my son!

Not a good first day at the new place tho the stadium is incredible.
And they ran out of neck oil when I went for a pint at half time lol

This is the problem with football fans though, tribalism overrules logic. if it was at the bridge and say Dav Sanchez accused a chelsea fan of racism would you be so outraged at this accusation until there was proof and evidence or would you just assume it was true and call all chelsea fans scum? honestly?

There is no getting away from the fact football is tribal, and you are largely right with what you are saying.

However at the moment I've seen no evidence, Just Rudigers accusation, If I had seen our fans making monkey chants or gestures with my own eyes I'd have no problem condemning them.

The rush to judgement on social media in all walks of life is a problem though, not just football.

Look at Kevin Spacey, accused, tried and condemned on social media, career in tatters. Acquitted in actual court.

I get what your saying though

Apparently some of the Chelsea fans heard it..:mourfacepalm:
...and when I was in the South Stand a few weeks ago, some bloke 5 rows behind me was shouting vile racist abuse.

I'm not a fucking Chelsea fan, am I?

It happens - get real.

Do something about it - or at least stop making out like it may be a lie.

Well that was fucking awful-start to finish. It’s been said many times by many people but until we have a midfield two that can pass the ball and defend we are going to lose games regularly.
N’Dombele just has to stay fit and start games for us to improve.

feel sorry for my son-first game in ages and another shite display, every game he goes to we seem to be awful lol

Worst of all to cap the day off after spending an hour getting a name and number on a fucking jersey pre game, my mood was not improved towards the end of the game either when one of our own fans pushed my 13 year old son for standing up to let someone past him in the 96th minute in our seats. To my surprise when I grabbed his arm and turned round cunting him off he was a 60year old man. I would have battered a younger man for that-I just nearly gave him a heart attack instead - absolute cunt putting his hand on my son!

Not a good first day at the new place tho the stadium is incredible.
And they ran out of neck oil when I went for a pint at half time lol
I had the worst beer experience ever , they couldn’t pour from the bottoms up and there was loads of half full cups so when I complained about my bear having half a pint of head they attempted to make me a pint out of the half full ones scattered across the bar! At £5 a pop as well!!!

Back
Top Bottom