Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Petulant conduct isn't a red card offence. Violent conduct is. Was that "violent" or just a bit silly.
The ‘violent’ intent was there, he pulled out in the last second but it was clear what he was doing. Without var he could’ve got away with it but he’s an idiot for even putting himself/our team in that situation.

Considering the momentum we had going until the sending off and holding them to 2 with 10 men, we could have got something out of that match.

The dele incident should have been a red for the Chelsea bitch and a yellow for dele.

Son wasn't a red. Rudiger fouled Son but no call, then rudiger wouldn't step away from Son. Son "pushed" him off with his leg so he could stand up. Rudiger went down like a little bitch because he knew what he did.

One missed penalty. Second one was questionable, and on a corner questionable pull downs on the box nowhere near the ball gets a penal called 1/10 times. First one was clear and obvious and right in front of this bitch ref.

Ndombele needs to play 70 minutes, get us some forward movement, then bring in either dier as a replacement to close out the win, or lo celso to go for the win. No idea what Mourinho is doing.

Kane was silent. He needs to drop back more. But that's on Mourinho. Moura was poor. Aurier should be relegated to back up waterboy. Son was quiet. Dele was his brother.

Oh and this was the same bitch ref that red carded Son that wasn't a red right? How is this guy not fucking fired yet?

You can't push people in the stomach with your studs. Think there's some rule about it called violent conduct

Chelsea captain just alleged racist chants. Anyone at the game shed any light?

I am season ticket holder but couldn't make today. Not saying it did or didn't happen. But would just be very shocked and surprised if it did happen.

Why does Dier keep starting? He continually gets subbed!

Because Jose has got a hard on for him and is convinced that he's this titan that just needs to find his form.
Just like he's convinced himself that Dele is a footballing God.

He won't drop either of them.

we wont be top 4 on todays performance, a shambles in every way and throwing missiles at the keeper and racist chants will see us in trouble.
And the racist pricks.
Still need more information about that, let's see what happened.
If Rudiger had've been White he'd still have got abuse.... DAMMIT, why couldn't Mason Mount or Alonso have been involved with Sonnys red...? Then there wouldn't have been a problem!

The ‘violent’ intent was there, he pulled out in the last second but it was clear what he was doing. Without var he could’ve got away with it but he’s an idiot for even putting himself/our team in that situation.

Considering the momentum we had going until the sending off and holding them to 2 with 10 men, we could have got something out of that match.

Agree with all except about momentum, why we played all game, can't see much having changed with son on the pitch, that said his red confirmed the defeat

We've got our Spursy back
14-E7-F620-8585-410-D-85-BC-9109-FFCA6-C2-A.gif

I know we are/were shit, but I'm still sticking around. If fans can't show committment then why should the players care and just get paid. This the reason why the atmosphere in the stadium is so shit

The atmosphere in the stadium is shit because we created a bigger ground that is utterly devoid of soul but looks nice and pretty for commercial purposes and with that increase in size we added 30000+ seats for tourists who don't support the team and sit in silence the entire game.

I miss the old ground.

Whoever came up with VAR should be slowly roasted over a fire in fucking hell. I'm sick to death of it.

Must of been 10 minutes of just waiting around for them to give decisions. The Son one he's been petulant but its harsh, and Rudiger made a meal of it.
Why did we not get pens for the wrestling in the box?
I'm not saying we deserved anything as we were pony all game, but there is no consistency.

As for the racist stuff, never saw it on the camera's, never heard it on the pitchside mics, so I can't be sure it even happened. It certainly didn't merit 25 minutes of Neville & Tyler carping on about it.

At the breaking point with football tbh, had enough of it.

They forced us to play in a way that exposed all our limitations. They played well enough to neuter us and make us implode.

From the first whistle we were feeble, hard to believe it’s the same team that tore into them last season.

How did Jose not see that they might set up like that and how that would be a problem for us though? I really don't get it. Surely he knows our midfield is a big weakness that any competent manager will try to exploit?

Well, as it's my first post after being a looong time lurker, I guess... Hi? :)
Decided to finally make account to stop that shitstorm going on here, come on, most of you week ago wanted to give Gazza lifelong contract, considered Alli world class again, and after one game it all goes to trash? Yeah, you can blame them for mistakes, but don't lose the broader image, we have no midfield. Every game with better team, team that can overrun Dier + Sissoko will look like that, as they are capable of holding Burnley, not Coutinho or even Kovacic. Mou knows that, and that's why we play long balls to Kane, as we have no other option. We are gonna fix it in January window I guess. I hope. Defense will look much more reliable and compact as well, if they will get some options to play the ball to. Terrible result thought, we could have gotten much more than that.

Back
Top Bottom