UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m just concerned about the mentality of our players. RBL are a strong team at the moment. We need to be completely on it to win. Tough, tough draw.

Wed 19th Feb (H) - that means three home games in a row RB, Chelsea then Wolves then we have a trip to Burnley before the away leg with RB ... not a bad run at all.

Edit - Chelsea is away, should have said in London not at home .. my bad

Last edited:
With Poch it was reactive (he said as much). We'll have trained for it this time around.

But equally it's been a common complaint that we struggle to break teams down when teams sit back too.

I get your point about RM or Juve style play (being neither extreme) but we can't be reliant upon playing the perfect opponents each week. There's also always individual quality to take into account when playing teams of that calibre.
Meh.

We are struggling against any team that can play a bit, be that a counter-attacking side, possession-based side, a high pressing side, counter-pressing side.

We have always been a hard team to beat, (excluding Poch's games this season but even in amongst some of them we still showed that you have to play at your best to beat us).

Until we are controlling games there is a huge chunk of fortune involved for us to get a result. I've seen Jose team shut down the oppo, nullify them, as it stands now we are nowhere near doing this.

What might work in our favour is that it's looking likely we could get the weekend off before we play them, this could be huge for our ageing legs.

Surely this means end of the road for the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and City...

Best draw even though we should defo not underestimate Leipzig.

how many LP do we reckon this will be?
I wont underestimate them, but cant deny on paper its a more favourable draw than Barca? regardless we are winning the CL this year so we will beat any team we face!

Leipzig an hour away from Berlin on the train, what an away day this is lining up to be.

:mourbringit:

I would recommend looking at either a train or using FlixBus to get to Leipzig from Berlin. The FlixBus is very quick and usually extremely cheap too, leaving hourly with 0 stops on the way. There are some great bars in Leipzig too.

I hope we smash them, awful football club!

how many LP do we reckon this will be?
I wont underestimate them, but cant deny on paper its a more favourable draw than Barca? regardless we are winning the CL this year so we will beat any team we face!
We are who we are!
Jose has tons of experience in CL and at least we will have a manager who will react when changes need to be made!

Back
Top Bottom