Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know you have trouble with logic...because that was exactly my point.
I don't want to waste time on people who use the word "lit" and "defense".

Btw I don't know where you read I said the performance was "lit".

I'm staying out of this... Looks like the touch-paper has already been "lit".

:troll:

No, because he worked and worked and worked and worked and worked and worked.

Did you not notice that Wolves were the best team we have played so far, City aside?

At half time I scrolled through the comments and all I saw was moaning, you all must have watched a different game to me. I thoroughly enjoyed that, a hard fought victory against an excellent team. You and others seemed to have seen some other match.

Fucking Dier - that wasn't brilliant!
Fucking Sissoko, kicking it out for a throw in!
Fucking Aurier - why arent you Maldini?
Fucking Mourinho, Eriksen??????

Stop posting during matches, go back to enjoying a game of football

Hard to enjoy watching your team play shit Bill, that’s the point.

Glad you did, but noticed you waited until we skanked the win before answering, can’t help but wonder if you’d have managed the same level of hubris if we hadn’t.

Mourinho manages like Mourinho. Chaos ensues on TFC.

These tactics are what you get against good sides away from home. Only thing Mourinho was upset about was probably our sloppy passing in the middle third. Defensively this was one of our best performances in a long, long time.

Entertaining game at a difficult ground in the pouring rain.

• Gazzaniga: a couple of good saves, didn’t look like was at fault for the goal.
  • Aurier: improved defensively with some good clearances and tackles, however at the cost of the offensive upside he was giving us. The outcome is a wash.
  • Sanchez: pretty good I thought, only made one clear mistake.
  • Alderweireld: pretty good also, but without the passing we needed.
  • Vertonghen: feel bad for him really, but had the last laugh.
  • Dier: very very solid defending. Did you notice his longer passes are better than his short?
  • Sissoko: not great today, but it’s obvious he and Dier compliment each other. Some decent Aurier babysitting too.
  • Moura: got the goal and made some good movements. I think he suffered from his teammates not having great ones.
  • Alli: I actually think he played well. Our standard is higher lately, but he was positive and moved the ball forward.
  • Son: strangely not so good. Hmmm.
  • Kane: good solid “defensive forward” play. Bringing down headers, giving others time to arrive, irritating and closing the opposition.

Poor performance by Dele, Son, and Sanchez
Aurier needs to stop attempting to shoot when Kane is open
It takes a good 10min for Dier to think of his next move after holding the ball
Son is piss poor in the rain
Gazz needs to stop giving away possessions by kick long balls(especially when our MF is non-existent) otherwise, he had a super save
Kane should’ve been more clinical with his chances
Adama needs to join NFL
Wow. Must be a nightmare for you watching Spurs: that’s what we’re like when we win? Did you at least like that we won??

Nah, it’ll be a stoppage time winner for us. Vertonghen header. 👍
giphy.gif

I just think we are good at playing the ball into counter-attack, not fucking long balls.

Of course, at times, Toby can so it, but with Son, Dele and Lucas we should link up quickly in counter

Back
Top Bottom