Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely shocking game by Aurier and Sanchez. I need to see the passing% after this. It’s as if the whole team has less than 50% pass rate. Kane is invisible again, no balls are coming to our forwards

Lucas is that player down the park who wants to take 3 players on and shoot every time he touches the ball. When it works, it's amazing, but when it doesn't work it's bloody frustrating.

Still, at least you know what you're getting !

Skipp on for Sissoko would be smart.
I actually thought Sissoko was decent. Really entertaining half of football, they were definitely the better side and we were way too rushed on the ball, looked leaky defensively. Dele was magnificent, boy I forgot how fun he is to watch and it is awesome to see him back to the standards of two years ago. Special mention to Dier who had a solid first half, Toby was good too. Aurier had a few errors on the ball and did a few questionable things. Weirdly I don't think we have had anyone who has been too poor but we are definitely second best as a whole

I appreciate their press is very good, but my God, our ball retention and passing is so fucking poor. Keep a hold of the ball FFS. So casual in possession.

Have the Wolves supporters been sniffing paint? There are blood curdling screams every time they complete a pass. Good support, mind, but kinda manic, lol.

No surprise on that. Got them with a quick hit and our only plan is to counter and lump it forward.

Dier has been decent defensively, but is again a invisible when under pressure.

Midfield is a joke.

Luckyish to be ahead and will be a struggle to continue this way.

But this is the way Jose wins. I won’t be surprised if he keeps things as they are and just soak up the pressure.

Dunno what people are unhappy about here we are defending for once very well

I think the point is, we should not be letting them put so much pressure on us. Eventually, it will just bounce right for them and they will score. Although should be 2-0 to us. Need to get Alli and Harry on it more.

>Possession
>61 Wov: 39 Spurs
>Goals
>0 Wov: 1 Spurs

Yeah I think Mou is back
And yet if Dier doesn’t hit the post and VAR gave us a penalty for Kane being rugby tackled in the box it could quite easily be 0-3 , and if my aunt had bollox she could still be my aunt these days, she would just have bollox! :angryscouser:

Johnny and Jota are giving Aurier all kinds of problems, he has been ball watching like fuck and has twice ended up out on the left hand side chasing the ball and his passing has been utter shit, he's not even been making good angles for passes. Brutal half.

We've defended well but all the clearances are so panicked that we are just gifting the ball away and letting Wolves come back onto us.

That coupled with the fact that our attack is having one of those days where they can't control the ball or find a pass and keep making the wrong decisions - save for that great Lucas strike.

It's hard to see what changes we make as if the attack was awake that half we would have had 2 or 3, while Wolves haven't really created anything clearcut.

Wolves proving today so far that fancy tippy tappy football that looks nice on the eye is no match for a well thought out tactical approach.

Make no mistake, this is purposeful today, we are looking to hit them on the counter, they haven't lost in 11 games, second half we will blow them away, they are tiring.
I hope you are right because this isn’t good for my heart!! He needs to lock that midfield down a little. We need someone to hold onto the ball and start to dictate play a little

Back
Top Bottom