January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen is a player [Bruce] likes, but whether his former club would be willing to sell the 22-year-old in the middle of the season remains to be seen.

Bowen has scored 13 goals in 20 games for Hull this season and many feel he is ready to make the step up into the Premier League.

Another 2 goals for Bowen yesterday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...m-Woolwich-man-utd-juventus-demiral-transfer/

TOTTENHAM are ready to join rivals Woolwich and Manchester United in the race for Juventus defender Merih Demiral.

The Turkish central defender could become Jose Mourinho's first signings as Spurs boss, after club officials contacted the player's agent about a move.

The player himself wants out after becoming disillusioned under new boss Maurizio Sarri.

Demiral only moved to the Turin club in the summer.

The 21-year-old had impressed for Sassuolo after moving to Italy from Turkish club Alanyaspor last January.

He has produced some outstanding displays for Turkey this season, helping them qualify for the Euro 2020 finals.

And the defender is now ready to move to England after indicating he did not want another move to another Italian club.

Sarri, who quit Chelsea last summer, has Giorgio Chiellini and De Ligt.

And he could cash in on Demiral, who only cost £15million, next month in order to free up cash to land Paul Pogba.

We won't spend £100M on Koulibaly. Forget it. It's been 3 years now and we still haven't gotten a decent right back. That should be our number one priority, it should've been since the moment Trippier signed that Atletico Madrid contract.
Would he cost that much though? And I think the reason we never signed a RB was because Poch saw Foyth as his RB and then he got injured

CRYSTAL PALACE have put Burnley flier 20 yo Dwight McNeil at the top of their wishlist to replace Wilfried Zaha.

The Eagles are huge fans of the England Under-21 cap, whose pace and trickery down the left mark him out as the man to fill Zaha’s magic boots if the Ivorian leaves.

I will keep an eye on this lad. Was Burnley's best player yesterday. Not flashy but very accurate crosses.

Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen is a player [Bruce] likes, but whether his former club would be willing to sell the 22-year-old in the middle of the season remains to be seen.

Bowen has scored 13 goals in 20 games for Hull this season and many feel he is ready to make the step up into the Premier League.

Another 2 goals for Bowen yesterday.

We don't lack for AM's atm with Son, Dele, Moura, Eriksen, Lamela, Sessegnon (if Mourhino wants to play him at AM before dropping him back to LB), Lo Celso (if he is fast enough to play as an AM rather than CM), and if Jack Clarke returns from Leeds ready to step up, and even our own Jack Roles.

But Eriksen may leave, Lamela is too injury prone to be reliable to step into the team when needed and I'm still not sure that Moura is what we need (he has speed and score some goals - but rarely assists), so very quickly we could see spaces at AM.

We do have two spaces for Home Grown players so if we cannot see players who we need in January, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a punt on the likes of Bowen, McNeil or Eze all of whom look as if they might be very good PL players. We could also loan them back so their existing clubs don't lose out - if we think that a couple of our AM's are likely to move on in the summer.

There are not too many good defensive players available who are Home Grown and available, so I suspect we may need to look at Overseas Trained players to fill those spaces - and its then a question of selling existing squad players first. And that as we know isn't easy with the likes of Wanyama turning down a decent deal at Bruges in the summer.

Really like what I have seen of Bowen, McNeil and Eze.

Would he cost that much though? And I think the reason we never signed a RB was because Poch saw Foyth as his RB and then he got injured

Even if the price reduced from 100m to 70m that is still a lot for someone who is now about 28 as there is no resale value at the end of his contract - same sort of rationale as to why there were no takers for Alderweireld at 25m last summer

Even if the price reduced from 100m to 70m that is still a lot for someone who is now about 28 as there is no resale value at the end of his contract - same sort of rationale as to why there were no takers for Alderweireld at 25m last summer
Yeah I know what you mean, but look at the effect VVD has had at Pool, I honestly think if we could sort out our defence we can challenge the league next season, but then again you can have the best defence in the world but if you don’t have a decent DM it won’t matter

Yeah I know what you mean, but look at the effect VVD has had at Pool, I honestly think if we could sort out our defence we can challenge the league next season, but then again you can have the best defence in the world but if you don’t have a decent DM it won’t matter

Cannot disagree - but think its a question of a lot lower price for 28 year old Koulibaly or finding another CB who is younger at that kind of price.

Based on what I've seen this season, I would be more than pleased with Nathan Ferguson in January.

As I understand it his main position is RB , but he can play CB, LB and DM - where would you expect Spurs to be playing him ? Do you think he'd be able to step up to the first team quickly or is he being bought for next season ?

As I understand it his main position is RB , but he can play CB, LB and DM - where would you expect Spurs to be playing him ? Do you think he'd be able to step up to the first team quickly or is he being bought for next season ?

RB

He's excellent defensively in the mould of AWB but he's probably better on the ball.

His use of the ball is hideous, IMO.

it can be but he is probably the best defensive full back in the prem. he is the very opposite of Alexander-Arnold, that guy is brilliant going forward but a total liability at the back, Liverpool’s CB’s and midfield cover that up.

it depends what you want from a full back, attacking or defending, England have the two opposite extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom