The FA Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolute shit hole
I vaguely remember going there a couple of times late nineties. Dog hole of a place. Good for ship spotting. That’s about it. The town centre is depressing as fuck. Makes the worst of any southern town look like Milan. Except maybe Chatham.

I vaguely remember going there a couple of times late nineties. Dog hole of a place. Good for ship spotting. That’s about it. The town centre is depressing as fuck. Makes the worst of any southern town look like Milan. Except maybe Chatham.

I’d stack it up against Merthyr Tydfil and Cumnock both appalling places

As you drive towards it even on a sunny clear day you can see the smog above it from all the chemical factories
Natives aren’t particularly friendly either
My last visit, and I’ll never go there again, was Berba’s last game for us which we lost 2-1 and even Mido scored for them

They really need to sort this out. Fucking winds me up.
The LPs system is duff. But I don’t know what is better. Clearly some people club together in groups and share. Means kids get to go to away games. But it’s become a closed club now. I’m lucky. I got high points at just the right time, basically as my mid life crisis was insisting that I had to see every Tottenham away game.

Now I do have to chose a bit. And I normally go to the higher LP games. Liverpool and Everton were 1 and 3 respectively. Same journey. So I went to Everton. I don’t bother with Arse, Spam as it’s 1 LP and a shit day out. LPs are a form of currency for fans. It’s also a consequence of away ticket prices being low.

There is some exaggerated mythology about that Tranmere game though. I went. Journey was ridiculous. Friday night motorways were a joke. Some gave up but the turnout looked decent to me.

Rochdale was another. Not a spare seat anywhere. Very few tourists on show.

We have been damn good to watch over the last 5-6 years, and that’s backed up by the numbers that want to watch us each and every game.

Most STHs with high LPs have earned their stripes. Timing may have been lucky, but anyone could have joined in mid late nineties if they wanted to - and that STH demographic is reaping the benefits now.

Been there 5 times all on my own. Couldn’t even drag the Mrs up there. The place has an obesity problem.

Been there twice and the first time was when we lost 5-1 after having a man sent off
Jamie Redknapp scored from a free kick as I recall

Their song which they all clapped to was by Pigbag
‘Papas got a New Pigbag’ which came on the tannoy system after every goal
Stevie Carr did his level best to also get himself sent off
Miserable day ☹️

Spurs v. Middlesbrough connections.
2008, Spurs beat Middlesbrough in 2007 on the way to winning the LC, Jonathan Woodgate, signed from Middlesbrough, scored the winner v. Chelsea, now manages Middlesbrough.
1967, Spurs beat Chelsea to win the FAC, left back was Cyril Knowles, signed from Middlesbrough, he also played in later cup finals 1971, 1972, 1973.
Middlesbrough are also about the only team I can think of that drew a match 6-6 (when Brian Clough played for them).

Been there twice and the first time was when we lost 5-1 after having a man sent off
Jamie Redknapp scored from a free kick as I recall

Their song which they all clapped to was by Pigbag
‘Papas got a New Pigbag’ which came on the tannoy system after every goal
Stevie Carr did his level best to also get himself sent off
Miserable day ☹
I remember our fans mimicking the pigbag celebration and they fucking hated it. One of the brighter moments in a grey, chemically polluted afternoon. Christ, I even went up for a night game. What the fuck was I thinking?

I remember our fans mimicking the pigbag celebration and they fucking hated it. One of the brighter moments in a grey, chemically polluted afternoon. Christ, I even went up for a night game. What the fuck was I thinking?

If I ever hear that song it reminds me of that game and I shudder

Got a feeling Maureen will take this seriously? I went the last time they were in the Prem, about £2 a pint in the high street!

Watched them blow a two goal lead after a red last weekend, they were shocking and the stadium was empty as usual-how that club survives is beyond me.
Easy win and a strong team with a week to prepare Liverpool after;)

Back
Top Bottom