The FA Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Logistics aside, I think a lower half Championship side is ideal: enough quality to play a bit of football and have our lot take them seriously but eminently winnable.

By the time this fixture comes around, we will probably know if we can fight for top 4 or not. I assume the answer will be yes but not certain, so it will make it tricky imo to fight on three fronts. However, top 4 is not like a title race, so in theory he could just go balls to the wall in every competition until we are out of one.

I'd rather we were nowhere near the Europa League and won a trophy, but right now we are probably on for 5th and a losing final or semi-final of some description. I think you have to take it seriously because even if you play to win only the Champions League it isn't always a fair competition.

Been there twice and the first time was when we lost 5-1 after having a man sent off
Jamie Redknapp scored from a free kick as I recall

Their song which they all clapped to was by Pigbag
‘Papas got a New Pigbag’ which came on the tannoy system after every goal
Stevie Carr did his level best to also get himself sent off
Miserable day ☹
Was there for the 2-1 game in 2016 - which was my first trip to Boro since the 88/89 season.
Although still not particularly inviting, the area has got better over the years.
Went on the Transporter Bridge - which was actually rather interesting.

Think it’s 15% away allocation ticket rule in the fa cup which means we should get roughly 5K tickets for this one. Hopefully the cut off will be low for season ticket holders!

I think there’s a get out of jail free card for that rule though. Something about crowd safety, segregation, persistent standing, etc.

Woolwich only gave Man U 5,000 last year and I doubt that we’d give 9,000 either tbh. Expect around 3,000 and the usual 300 point or so cut-off for this one.

Went years back to what was basically a UEFA Cup qualification play off, winner got 5th. We lost 1-0 and there was the mother of all hail storms on the walk back through industrial wasteland to the train station. Was on my own and sat down on the train next to Antony Gardners agent who was on the phone to him. Doubt anyone will have difficulty getting a ticket for this one, would encourage everyone to apply to their own points.

By the time this fixture comes around, we will probably know if we can fight for top 4 or not. I assume the answer will be yes but not certain, so it will make it tricky imo to fight on three fronts. However, top 4 is not like a title race, so in theory he could just go balls to the wall in every competition until we are out of one.

I'd rather we were nowhere near the Europa League and won a trophy, but right now we are probably on for 5th and a losing final or semi-final of some description. I think you have to take it seriously because even if you play to win only the Champions League it isn't always a fair competition.
....and by the time this fixture comes around, I don't expect Woodgate to still be in charge of 'Boro!

Take this competition seriously, and we have a GENUINE chance!

Been there twice and the first time was when we lost 5-1 after having a man sent off
Jamie Redknapp scored from a free kick as I recall

Their song which they all clapped to was by Pigbag
‘Papas got a New Pigbag’ which came on the tannoy system after every goal
Stevie Carr did his level best to also get himself sent off
Miserable day ☹

I was there for the 5-1 as well. Shittiest place I have ever been in my life - walking to the ground, it was like some godforsaken desolate nuclear wasteland out of a Mad Max movie. Fucking awful - made N17 look like Mayfair in comparison.

Luckily my mates and I stayed in Durham for the weekend - back in the days when we could just about get away with pretending to be students still and paid about £1 a drink in all the student bars.

I was there for the 5-1 as well. Shittiest place I have ever been in my life - walking to the ground, it was like some godforsaken desolate nuclear wasteland out of a Mad Max movie. Fucking awful - made N17 look like Mayfair in comparison.

Luckily my mates and I stayed in Durham for the weekend - back in the days when we could just about get away with pretending to be students still and paid about £1 a drink in all the student bars.

Imagine spending the night in Mboro town centre 😱

Back
Top Bottom