Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit OTT there mate if you ask me, he had good and bad spells with in the game I would say.

Still probably our most creative and aggressive passer of the ball. Agree about the foul though but I won’t crucify the guy for one mistake.
OTT-probably you're right.
But I'm not seeing it with this guy.
I felt the same about Aurier so hopefully TN can prove me wrong.
I do not want Spurs players especially big money signings to flop.

We've not really seen him used properly, in a CM3 with a good DM next to him either.

61 passes for 88% today, nothing spunktatstic creatively today, but a good shift, 4 tackles (2nd highest) 1 interception.

The "Blakey" view:

Ndonmbele "good shift" winning the ball 5 times with zero key passes

Dier "useless" winning the ball 4 times and completed one key pass

Of course they were playing very different roles but such ridiculous bias is getting very boring

Stick to telling us Sissoko is a cunt don't start picking on Dier ... we can all laugh about your Sissoko stupidity it's so boring it's just funny .... but please don't expand your hate to Eric.

Ndombele is obviously still finding his feet, he did OK but certainly not a top level performance . No question our midfield was not at it's best today but to single out one player over another when in fact they all did their jobs equally well/badly is just a tad sad.

The "Blakey" view:

Ndonmbele "good shift" winning the ball 5 times with zero key passes

Dier "useless" winning the ball 4 times and completed one key pass

Of course they were playing very different roles but such ridiculous bias is getting very boring

Stick to telling us Sissoko is a cunt don't start picking on Dier ... we can all laugh about your Sissoko stupidity it's so boring it's just funny .... but please don't expand your hate to Eric.

Ndombele is obviously still finding his feet, he did OK but certainly not a top level performance . No question our midfield was not at it's best today but to single out one player over another when in fact they all did their jobs equally well/badly is just a tad sad.

Dier made 1 tackle and 1 interception, 35 passes at 74%. As you say different remits, but only someone with a very poor grasp of football thinks Dier was good today. A few days ago he was so bad he was hauled off after 28 minutes. Was the irrational Mourinho hate ?

And Sissoko had a decent game today, but then I've always said the only place he should be playing is as an ARM or WRF, not as a fucking CM, which again, when switched there today he (and we) turned to fucking shit - we could no longer play through the midfield - as we had when Ndombele was there - and he also cost us one goal (same as he did at West Ham), and nearly a fucking equaliser.

If I was you you I'd stick to the ITK, it's lame, but probably got less bullshit in it than your made up stats and football fanboy gibberish.

Last edited:
Dier made 1 tackle and 1 interception, 35 passes at 74%. As you say different remits, but only someone with a very poor grasp of football thinks Dier was good today. A few days ago he was so bad he was hauled off after 28 minutes. Was the irrational Mourinho hate ?

Your usual selective use of statistics ... you've long been found out as player biased ...

How do defensive players most often win the ball? with their head ... strange but you completely ignore that statistic, funnily enough it's the one where Dier comes out very strongly ... winning 100% (3) versus Ndombele with zero .... it's also a strength for Sissoko every week, yesterday he won 5 the most on the pitch, but we all know that fact won't be included in your summary ....

Bias knows no logic .... luckily we have you to prove that idiom every week ...

As for poor grasp of football ... go read all the "poor" sports journalists, pretty much every single one of them saw this as Dier stepping up ... maybe they don't understand football either? or just maybe it's you ...

Your view is of course your prerogative ... shame it's so often so badly wrong :mourear:

OTT-probably you're right.
But I'm not seeing it with this guy.
I felt the same about Aurier so hopefully TN can prove me wrong.
I do not want Spurs players especially big money signings to flop.
You say that as if Aurier is now the second coming after a couple of decent games. The jury on him is still out. Ndombele has only played a hand full of games and might just take a bit of time to adjust. He's a class act and it'll tell. Might just take a few months .

Your usual selective use of statistics ... you've long been found out as player biased ...

How do defensive players most often win the ball? with their head ... strange but you completely ignore that statistic, funnily enough it's the one where Dier comes out very strongly ... winning 100% (3) versus Ndombele with zero .... it's also a strength for Sissoko every week, yesterday he won 5 the most on the pitch, but we all know that fact won't be included in your summary ....

Bias knows no logic .... luckily we have you to prove that idiom every week ...

As for poor grasp of football ... go read all the "poor" sports journalists, pretty much every single one of them saw this as Dier stepping up ... maybe they don't understand football either? or just maybe it's you ...

Your view is of course your prerogative ... shame it's so often so badly wrong :mourear:

Headers is the most important aspect of a midfielder's game? So we ignore the fact that Dier didn't win many tackles, intercept the ball, can't press very well, and as a result didn't protect the defence very well, didn't pass much and when he did, he gave it away 25% of the time, because he won 100% of 3 headers....

hmmm.......ok.

Headers is the most important aspect of a midfielder's game? So we ignore the fact that Dier didn't win many tackles, intercept the ball, can't press very well, and as a result didn't protect the defence very well, didn't pass much and when he did, he gave it away 25% of the time, because he won 100% of 3 headers....

hmmm.......ok.
Leave Eric alone BC. It’s weird how you have to pet hate at least one player in the team - your tunnel vision about Sissoko was bad enough (& I’m not a Sissoko fan at al) but you are wrong about Dier.
Mourinho picked the wrong team midweek and solved it when he realised.
But Eric is firmly in Jose’s plans. Can’t you just support the shirt instead of singling our people who wear it?

hmmm.......ok.
No dipstick - you take account off all the statistics not just pick the ones that support your fatally flawed analysis ... it's really not that hard a concept to understand.

Just as Sissoko isn't shit, nor is Dier ... you need to just get over yourself and support the entire team.

I think he is fucking brilliant on the ball, love how direct he can be with those powerful passes through tight spaces. Great dribbler as well, did one run today that was Dembele-esque. But he is very lazy, look at his positioning whenever our centre backs have the ball, never offers for it. This isn't just a thing under Mourinho either because he was doing it with Poch and I highly doubt its an instructional thing. Also defensively he doesn't track back quickly enough, when the ball is in a 10 metre radius of his he does, but he too often will not cover when his fellow midfielder is pressing. He is only young and I think that will improve over time (and when it does boy what a player we will have) but Mourinho needs to really work him hard to ensure he gets up to the required level of fitness and attitude. He is one player who I think would have benefited from being with Poch longer in terms of getting through that tough fitness regime.

hmmm.......ok.

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud didn't say that tho.

"How do defensive players most often win the ball? with their head ."

I assume you concur that defense is a pivotal part of a DMs game.....?

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud didn't say that tho.

"How do defensive players most often win the ball? with their head ."

I assume you concur that defense is a pivotal part of a DMs game.....?

But that’s not all he said is it, the context was winning three headers in 96 minutes somehow rendered Dier’s performance good.

I do not concur that heading ability is anywhere near the top of the list for most important criteria in a midfielder. No. I’d much rather they

(WhoScored for example, don’t even list « headers » in their defensive stat section, that’so maybe I’m not barking on this)

Where does the ability to win headers feature in your priority list for a midfielder?

Is the ability to win 3 headers in 96 minutes usurping the ability to press, tackle, intercept, receive the ball under pressure, pass it efficiently and successfully? Or even just be mobile? None of which Dier did well yesterday.

because that’s what Bangkok pretty much said.

Last edited:

And Sissoko had a decent game today
, but then I've always said the only place he should be playing is as an ARM or WRF, not as a fucking CM, which again, when switched there today he (and we) turned to fucking shit - we could no longer play through the midfield - as we had when Ndombele was there - and he also cost us one goal (same as he did at West Ham), and nearly a fucking equaliser.

If I was you you I'd stick to the ITK, it's lame, but probably got less bullshit in it than your made up stats and football fanboy gibberish.
Bookmarked. :allitongue:

Ndombele has been no more than ok at times this season and pretty average for the most part.
Anyone claiming he’s shown some amazing attributes to be world class is basing it on YouTube history.

Im not saying he won’t be, but if yesterday was meant to be one of his top performances then I’m at a loss

Ndombele has been no more than ok at times this season and pretty average for the most part.
Anyone claiming he’s shown some amazing attributes to be world class is basing it on YouTube history.

Im not saying he won’t be, but if yesterday was meant to be one of his top performances then I’m at a loss

Has anyone claimed that sammy?

hmmm.......ok.
Dier wasnt shit though. He did his job okay-ish. Probably the worst player on the pitch though.

But that’s not all he said is it, the context was winning three headers in 96 minutes somehow rendered Dier’s performance good.
Winning headers isnt a great stat anyway. Any tall donkey can win a header and lump it back to the opposition. But are they winning possession with the header is the more important statistic

Back
Top Bottom