Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's always chosen to stay relatively complimentary about us. If it's was for an agenda or sincerely who knows but it did always feel inevitable that our oaths would cross.

Let's be honest it's a wonderful job for an ambitious manager. Haven't won the league since 1961 and never won the Champions League but big enough to push towards one or both if we hit it right. If he achieves one or the other he will go down in history and absolutely cement his name as one of the greatest mangers to be in the game and if he doesn't no harm done as it's seen as a big ask based on our history.

It's a top project for someone who fancies themselves andnwith a nucleus available to him like he has, it's ripe for a few tweaks to elevate us to new levels. Cash rich, one of the biggest stadiums, a rapidly growing name globally it's ticking a lot of boxes for someone to give us that extra push.

Win big and nobody will be able to take it away from him. There'll be no smart come backs like he's had due to money etc it will shower him in golden glory for eternity and I bet Jose loves a golden shower 😳

Agreed. I think it makes a lot of sense for both Mourinho and the club.

There’s other factors too. I wouldn’t underestimate the value of being in London. The new stadium will also open up further funds that we’re only just beginning to see the benefits of. The tech involved at the training ground and new stadium are state of the art, and apparently it was very important for Levy to have a manager who could utilise this tech. They have microchips in the team shirts that keep revolving cameras in the stadium focused on every individual player, and that footage is available on a touch-screen TV in the home dressing room. I bet Mourinho loves that stuff.

I loved Pochettino, but his brand of football demands a young squad, so therefore regular refreshing. It’s why he was often targeting young talent. Mourinho has always struck me as someone who lets the talent speak for itself to an extent, whilst providing tactical guidance.

He’s very much about the winning mentality, so hopefully he can inspire that in the team.

I still think one of the most impressive examples of the above was when we were 2-0 down away to Juve. We were being battered, then one by one our players stepped up a level and dragged a point out of the game. Incredible stuff.

This ain't Fulham Sammy and Poch sure ain't no Michael Jackson. You seriously need to chill the fuck out...all the exclamation marks jeez.
No it ain’t Fulham, so why some of you are calling top 4 miracle?

Acting like this squad is par with West Brom or something.
It’s the second best squad in England ffs, and the new manager is going to remind you all of the quality we had going to waste.

You’re not welcome to our success.

Dude!
I've agreed with many of your posts but I gotta say your laying it on a bit.

Yes Poch lost it
Yes it was time to part ways
Yes we are a big club

But also yes weve friggin failed and been lost in mediocrity for a bloody long time.
He did a lot for us.
He represented us phenomenally well. Showed alot of class especially in his early years.
Has been the best weve had in management since how long?!?
And ultimately i think we were lucky to have him at the time we did.

I wouldn't say he deserves a statue, but that guy... I'd cross the road and happily embrace him, say thanks and call him a stand up guy.

Not once have I said Poch didn’t do a good job, but there’s accepting that and there’s going fully overboard.
We won nothing.
It’s a pure and utter lie and fallacy that this isn’t a good enough squad to get 4th with any other manager.

People need to calm the fuck down a bit.
A few years ago they were all saying all we need is ONE “tricky winger” to win the title.

Suddenly the whole squad is shit and the manager is a miracle worker.
Everyone conveniently ignoring our worst away run in the history of the club.
Fucking sick of it.....people actually sitting here questioning whether Jose is a step up ffs.

Is this happening??! WTF

I said I wouldn’t and I won’t make the same mistake again, so this time I’m out of the Poch discussion unless it’s relevant.

Myopic depressing morbid shit has infested the Jose thread, and it’s time to move on.
Stick to the Poch thread if you want to live in the past. Telling that it’s already slid out of the first page.

I think he’s always had a soft spot for us. Even during his first stint at Chelsea I remember him making plenty of positive comments about us, and having a good relationship with Levy.

It’s not as if he was just playing the long game either, as he had plenty of hate for Woolwich.

For years I’ve thought there was a possibility of him coming to us if the circumstances were right.

yeh I do remember that, would have been very odd for him to manage Woolwich considering the amount of insults he threw their way but was never hard on us. No idea the reason but it meant he could join without huge baggage.

Some of it was probably because he was competing with Woolwich for trophies, that he didn’t like Wenger but also I feel he didn’t particularly like Woolwich fans.

yeh I do remember that, would have been very odd for him to manage Woolwich considering the amount of insults he threw their way but was never hard on us. No idea the reason but it meant he could join without huge baggage.

Some of it was probably because he was competing with Woolwich for trophies, that he didn’t like Wenger but also I feel he didn’t particularly like Woolwich fans.

I think the banter between Mou and Wenger was the cause.
It tilted the Arse fans, whom then added to the divide. Funny how they forget this history and it appears many are pissed off he signed with us.

"It's early days, we have a good relationship so far, we talk, we try and help the team," Kane said

"Obviously me being one of the leaders in the team he looks to me for feelings and advice on the team.
"When you are winning games it definitely helps your relationship. Hopefully we can build a strong relationship.
"We know we both want to win big competitions. That's the team's aim, that's my aim and that is the manager's aim. Hopefully I can help him do that this year and see where we can go.

"He's a new manager, he's been here less than a week, he's had two games. So far it's been all about trying to save the energy, not trying to work too much with the players because of the games.
"But we obviously have a long season ahead so I am sure we will get to know each other well over the next few weeks and implement what he wants on our team.
"But at the end of the day it's two wins out of two, positive start so let's hope it continues."

Spurs are through to the last 16 for the third successive year and it means they can travel to Bayern Munich for the final Group B game with their position in second guaranteed.
They enjoyed a memorable run in last season's knockout stages, culminating in an appearance in the final, and Kane wants his side to build on that.
"It was important we qualified, we didn't want to leave it until the last game," he added.
"After going 2-0 down [against Olympiakos] it was a disappointing start, but credit to the boys for digging deep and finding a great performance in the second half and getting through.

Kane was thrilled with Spurs' comeback to reach the Champions League knockout stages

"We know what we did last year in the knockout stages and we have to take that positive energy and try and do similar and go even further.
"We have got a quality squad, no doubt about that. We have got one of the best squads in Europe."

So refreshing to have the belief back in the club, and a feeling that the season can still bring silverware.
A lot to look forward to, and Kane seems to one of the biggest winners from Jose coming

Also felt this line said a thousand words:
So far it's been all about trying to save the energy, not trying to work too much with the players because of the games.

No one in my family is named after your nazi scum football club.

Imagine genuinely believing Jose isn’t a step up from Poch. Bitter little chav.

The funniest thing is that you’ve reeled John Thomas, Scott and MVP right into your troll web, and they don’t even know it. Patting you on the back the fucking idiots.
You’ve lost any effect, as you’re not a Yid.

Im laughing at them not you.
You’re just doing what any jealous scum fan would do.
I'm not patting anyone on the back and don't involve me in your shite, your cunt off is between you and Nathan F, so good luck.

He's like the guy you had a massive crush on, back in the day, who was totally out of your league, who then realises that you are actually the best thing for him, just took him a while to come to that conclusion!

Never happened to me

:walkercry:

I know it fucking auto corrected fml..

Sorry Sammy didn't realise that was your Mums name...say Hi for me👍👍

What’s ANYONE’S mother got to do with anything?????

You’re really not doing yourself any favours mate

Have a go at another poster fine if you feel that strongly but leave their families out of it

No it ain’t Fulham, so why some of you are calling top 4 miracle?

Acting like this squad is par with West Brom or something.
It’s the second best squad in England ffs, and the new manager is going to remind you all of the quality we had going to waste.

You’re not welcome to our success.
Are you ignoring all that has happened the last 3 years? Yes, we probably had one of the best first XIs.
Since then:
Lost Walker
Rose knee injury
Dembele fell apart
Wanyama fell apart
Dier, Alli and Kane with injury problems
Iloris, Jan and Toby are ageing badly

And something that IMO made it very hard for Poch:
Forcing players to stay instead of moving them on

Mourinho has already experienced the same problems in the last 30min against WH and the first half against OL as Poch has had to work with. There is hope because of the 3 new signings and our attack though.

I think he’s always had a soft spot for us. Even during his first stint at Chelsea I remember him making plenty of positive comments about us, and having a good relationship with Levy.

It’s not as if he was just playing the long game either, as he had plenty of hate for Woolwich.

For years I’ve thought there was a possibility of him coming to us if the circumstances were right.

Anyone who has hate for Woolwich is ok with me

:wansum:

Are you ignoring all that has happened the last 3 years? Yes, we probably had one of the best first XIs.
Since then:
Lost Walker
Rose knee injury
Dembele fell apart
Wanyama fell apart
Dier, Alli and Kane with injury problems
Iloris, Jan and Toby are ageing badly

And something that IMO made it very hard for Poch:
Forcing players to stay instead of moving them on

Mourinho has already experienced the same problems in the last 30min against WH and the first half against OL as Poch has had to work with. There is hope because of the 3 new signings and our attack though.

Jose has utilised a system which benefits the players he has though

No right to complain about injuries when you’re giving players like Moura 120 seconds to change a game

Jose has utilised a system which benefits the players he has though

No right to complain about injuries when you’re giving players like Moura 120 seconds to change a game
I agree that Mourinho can get a little bit more out of what we got, then Poch, but I don’t think giving Moura more playingtime will result in top 4 or any trophys. IMO Moura dosen’t fit into any team, he’s more of a «one man attack» that usually are pretty anonymous.

I agree that Mourinho can get a little bit more out of what we got, then Poch, but I don’t think giving Moura more playingtime will result in top 4 or any trophys. IMO Moura dosen’t fit into any team, he’s more of a «one man attack» that usually are pretty anonymous.

Moura hasn’t had the run of games to even decide what kind of player he is, where he plays best or with what players around him.

This time next year he could be our Hazard.
But wasting away on the bench was just a pathetic situation

Fuck me it's called humour....Baz
Something you're sadly lacking in apparently.

I do have a sense of humour which doesn’t include insulting other people’s families but maybe I’m missing something so perhaps you could explain what’s funny about it?

Back
Top Bottom