Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EKO9YIHXsAEgTSf

He's such a superstar ain't he!
I know it's a shallow metric, but he "only" has 3.5 million instagram followers but still gets 700k likes per post which is bonkers.

Average conversion of "likes per followers" is about 5%, meaning 1 million followers will get you 50k likes per post. Son's at 20%. He might not have the biggest fanbase, but almost one of the biggest superfan-base.

That's what makes him so valuable for marketing purposes.

I know it's a shallow metric, but he "only" has 3.5 million instagram followers but still gets 700k likes per post which is bonkers.

Average conversion of "likes per followers" is about 5%, meaning 1 million followers will get you 50k likes per post. Son's at 20%. He might not have the biggest fanbase, but almost one of the biggest superfan-base.

I love that we get all of what he comes with but it's not because he brings us this that's he's integral. Away from it all he's still one of our most important players. He brings commercial levels of activity but away from all of that he would still be massive for us. Absolutely love the bloke.

I love Sonny, it's incredible that he doesn't seem to let the pressure of an entire nation get to him, and also he keeps his feet on the ground, as he must be aware of the adoration he gets. It's a wonder he isn't an unbearable big head.

Last edited:
Rumor is that Kane had to step in between because Mourinho would keep talking to Sonny about the fact that he has a daughter and her name is Matilda and her age and so on

it's 3.5 million followers but a huge chunk of his fanbase in korea/asia don't have instagram. gotta remember that.

We really should be making a greater effort to sell more Son merchandise, not just shirts but mugs, souveniers etc.

Mourinho seems to want use Son as wing-back. Son may not be a forward any more. Maybe it gests harder to see Son with a goal.

I dont care if we can get any cup.

Mourinho seems to want use Son as wing-back. Son may not be a forward any more. Maybe it gests harder to see Son with a goal.

I dont care if we can get any cup.
What do you base this on? He's been deployed as a wide forward/winger in Mou's first two games in charge. Has netted twice and assisted twice.

Not sure where you get that he wants to use him as a wingback. The fact that Ben/Rose is expected to stay further back means that Son will not have to bomb home as much as previously as well.

Back
Top Bottom