Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you base this on? He's been deployed as a wide forward/winger in Mou's first two games in charge. Has netted twice and assisted twice.

Not sure where you get that he wants to use him as a wingback. The fact that Ben/Rose is expected to stay further back means that Son will not have to bomb home as much as previously as well.

Actually, Son netted once and assisted twice after Mou. Aurier, who is a definitely wingback, netted once and assisted once after Mou. Thats why we cant figure out only based on stats.

Rose hardly did overlapping, and Son should have focused on defense. I think Mou wants defense from Son not attack. I mean that's a wingback.

Actually, Son netted once and assisted twice after Mou. Aurier, who is a definitely wingback, netted once and assisted once after Mou. Thats why we cant figure out only based on stats.

Rose hardly did overlapping, and Son should have focused on defense. I think Mou wants defense from Son not attack. I mean that's a wingback.

Son definitely isn't being earmarked as a wingback mate. He may be tracking back a fair bit more or not playing as the highest line for us if Kane drops back but the majority of Sonnys actions will be as an attacking threat.

Mourinho likes disciplined teams, Sonny along with Lucas etc will be expected to have many elements to his game to ensure the team have a coherent style that utilises its abilities best. Sonny will be a goal threat in this team, I have no doubt about that but he'll also be making space for others also.

Son definitely isn't being earmarked as a wingback mate. He may be tracking back a fair bit more or not playing as the highest line for us if Kane drops back but the majority of Sonnys actions will be as an attacking threat.

Mourinho likes disciplined teams, Sonny along with Lucas etc will be expected to have many elements to his game to ensure the team have a coherent style that utilises its abilities best. Sonny will be a goal threat in this team, I have no doubt about that but he'll also be making space for others also.
I distinctly saw him yelling at Lucas at one point yesterday when Lucas was jogging to close out his man, Lucas started running after that.

It's just the expectation for forwards with Jose.

If I am asked to choose 1 best player so far this season it's definitely Son.
I don't get all this doubt and goal reduction things after 1 bad performance.
No doubt what he can do under mou.

Gotta be a wind up right?

More and more people seem to have this propensity to see/declare things first in search of kudos; bringing about a tonne of leftfield, tin-hat gibberish.....

It's a "look at me, internet" phenomenon.

Last edited:
We know mourinho has a "park the bus" reputation, bt he doesn't have habit of drastically converting forwards into wing-backs and fortify every game. Bt if he expects all players to press and put in a defensive shift, then its good. Then players with high work-rate will make his team vice-versa.

We know mourinho has a "park the bus" reputation, bt he doesn't have habit of drastically converting forwards into wing-backs and fortify every game. Bt if he expects all players to press and put in a defensive shift, then its good. Then players with high work-rate will make his team vice-versa.

Not like we've not seen our forward players press high anyway.... Just a case of getting them to return to old ways. No biggy.

Back
Top Bottom