UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What started with the worst 20 minutes I have seen for a whilee,turned round into a good performance. That's what making a substitute when needed does. Onwards and upwards. The Rabbi really is as mad as a box of frogs isn't he? Good to have characters like that though.
The sub wasn't the big thing, the goal just before half time changed things.

Had their Centre Half booted that cross clear, it would have been a struggle in the second half.

Still think he should be sold whilst we can get decent money for him. He was a mistake but it's not too late to recoup our money. He just doesn't think quickly enough for the PL. And his positioning and anticipation suffer for that reason. And then we concede. Between him and Rose, I think we currently have 2 of the worst defenders in the league.
I think that might be somewhat of an exaggeration - did you see Phil Jones at the weekend?
Then off the top of my head there's Mustafi, Zouma, Ashley Young, Aaron Cresswell, John Stones, Rob Holding, Bellerin, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Rojo, Alonso, Luke Shaw, Bong, Dunk etc etc. I don't think they would even rank in the worst 20 defenders - possibly even the worst 50.

Last edited:
Seen this bloke all over Facebook. Some people seem to worship him and he seems to talk about himself in the 3rd person and refers to himself as the rabbi.
Most of what I've seen is him moaning about abuse he gets.
I was in 252 yesterday and spotted him waving his pants around on a stick, didn't realise who it was until the post here though.
People like him always strike me as a bit dodgy. I won't say who he reminds me of, as it would probably be libelous.

I think my favorite part of last night's game was Dele's substitution.

He pretended not to see it for about 10 seconds, mucked the referee around with which side he was going off, and did a very slow walk from the opposite of the dugout, in front of the south stand, and was sung to and applauding fans the whole way around. Was embraced by Mourinho a couple of minutes later on when he finally got back to the bench.

He's got his cockiness back, and it's beautiful to see.

I think that might be somewhat of an exaggeration - did you see Phil Jones at the weekend?
Then off the top of my head there's Mustafi, Zouma, Ashley Young, Aaron Cresswell, John Stones, Ron Holding, Bellerin, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac, Rojo, Alonso, Luke Shaw, Bong, Dunk etc etc. I don't think they would even rank in the worst 20 defenders - possibly even the worst 50.

I like how you basically named the whole united and Woolwich defence lol

Maybe the TV camera is kind, but other than a couple of crosses from free kicks, I didn't see much from Eriksen to change my mind.

People around me said the biggest statement Jose could make would be to sub him off again.

Am I the only one who thinks Eriksen actually changed the game when he came on? Even in the first half you could see our game had way more purpose going forward with Eriksen on. Before we weren't able to get the ball into Olympiakos half so we just passed it sideways and back to Toby or Davinson again.

Sure, he was sloppy with a few passes but players started making runs when Eriksen had the ball ... something that didn't happen when Dier had it.

Saying he deserved to be subbed off is a joke.

I understand why a lot of people are frustrated with him as I am too, but this game was way better than any of the games before.

thAKfCI.png

Last edited:
What started with the worst 20 minutes I have seen for a whilee,turned round into a good performance. That's what making a substitute when needed does. Onwards and upwards. The Rabbi really is as mad as a box of frogs isn't he? Good to have characters like that though.
Or Jose got his initial team selection catastrophically wrong. Always two ways to look at it.

However, it was good he made the change. Also, liked how he's dealt with it with his comments about him apologising to Dier, fanbases can destroy a players confidence than Usan Bolt can run 100m.

The other change that I liked was when he brought on Sissoko, Olympiacos had so much space in midfield at this time another goal looked on the cards.

(thought Eriksen also played well when he came on which hopefully he can take into other games if selected).

Could I get you to elaborate on that?

It's harmless stuff really, just general div antics.

Tops off in the winter, ringing some poxy bell or rattle, on top of tables in beer gardens singing on his own, just begging for attention.

As I said, the first time it's funny. But the routine wears thin after what feels like the 100th time.

Last edited:
Or Jose got his initial team selection catastrophically wrong. Always two ways to look at it.

However, it was good he made the change. Also, liked how he's dealt with it with his comments about him apologising to Dier, fanbases can destroy a players confidence than Usan Bolt can run 100m.

The other change that I liked was when he brought on Sissoko, Olympiacos had so much space in midfield at this time another goal looked on the cards.

(thought Eriksen also played well when he came on which hopefully he can take into other games if selected).
Yeah, maybe.But at least he made the change when it was obvious it wasn't working.

Anyone mention the Olympiacos fans in the home sections again last night ? In our block the first two rows to the right were majority Olympiakos fans. All celebrated the goals openly and the Stewards did fuck all again.

After Red Star they have learned nothing so it would seem

Anyone mention the Olympiacos fans in the home sections again last night ? In our block the first two rows to the right were majority Olympiakos fans. All celebrated the goals openly and the Stewards did fuck all again.

After Red Star they have learned nothing so it would seem
We're all there to watch a match, don't see a problem with it to be honest...we have fans in the home end of away games all the time...it's part of the game...

Back
Top Bottom